Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Important links
Statcast - The rawest of stats. Look up info like exit velocity and runner speed in mph.
Fangraphs - Lots of advanced stats that you can customize and export to a spreadsheet. Check out their auction calculator for custom league projections.
Baseball Reference - You can see every batter on one page here and every pitcher here which you can export to CSV.
Closer Monkey - Closer news. Find out who's about to become the next closer.
Baseball Savant Daily Matchups - See which players have good matchups each day
Baseball Press Lineups - See which players are starting or benched before lineups get locked..
MLB.com Spring Training Stats - Find out which players to choose in the first round because they hit 5 HRs in March.
Razzball
FantasyAlarm
Rotoworld
FantasyPros
Pitcher List
Libre Office - More or less a clone of Microsoft Excel but it's free and works on every OS. Make your winning draft spreadsheet with this.
Fantasy Pitching Calculator - Projects how your ERA & WHIP will change based on future runs/hits. For helping to decide whether to start or bench pitchers on Sunday in H2H
[/quote]

^^^ I stole this from the previous thread the way the owners stole revenue from the players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hell yeah!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Athletic's fantasy kit is also killer if you have a sub, the articles are updated regularly and they have an absolute nightmare of an Excel sheet available that you can easily customize with your league settings for rankings/team projections.

Also this year I signed up for RazzSlam and TGFBI so I look forward to being utterly embarrassed by real fantasy professionals. I'm in the TGFBI league with Derek Vanriper for fucks sakes.

And to plug PitcherList some more, this year we switched the site over to all StatCast data-driven stuff and the player pages are super-cool and way more useful: https://www.pitcherlist.com/player/juan-soto/

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 13, 2022

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I haven't heard from two teams in my Yahoo fantasy keeper league. Anyone interested in being on the bench as a possible pinch hitter?

They've got til Friday night to let me know if theyre playing.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Now that there is a full DH, are a lot of fantasy leagues having that as a position or just sticking with UTIL?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I can't speak for the general public but my friends and I are just sticking with UTIL

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Anyone interested in a 20 dollar league here? My old league fell apart and I need some H2H action.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Doltos posted:

Anyone interested in a 20 dollar league here? My old league fell apart and I need some H2H action.

I’d probably be down if I don’t have to do administrative work. Money isn’t an issue and I am good about setting lineups but I don’t want to do commish/setup stuff

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I can keep 2 forever: Ohtani, Acuna, Tatis

Am I insane for not keeping Ohtani? I can use him as a pitcher or a hitter each game.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

General Bullshit posted:

I can keep 2 forever: Ohtani, Acuna, Tatis

Am I insane for not keeping Ohtani? I can use him as a pitcher or a hitter each game.

so wait Ohtani isn't two seperate players on your platform? You get both sides in one player? I think you gotta keep him if you get the pitcher and hitter in one roster spot. Thats too valuable. I'd throw back Acuna even though Tatis is out til June.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

so wait Ohtani isn't two seperate players on your platform? You get both sides in one player? I think you gotta keep him if you get the pitcher and hitter in one roster spot. Thats too valuable. I'd throw back Acuna even though Tatis is out til June.

Yeah in ESPN he's just a guy that goes as either one when you start the game. So if he pitches and hits you only get the stat you chose him for, I cannot remember what start it was he mashed and threw BP but it was sucky to have him as a pitcher that day.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

This dude was shopping Acuña, so I just pulled off a blockbuster trade in a $20 yahoo prize league:

Give: Austin Riley, Kris Bryant, Logan Gilbert

Get: Ronald Acuña Jr., Dansby Swanson, Mike Clevinger

gives me this roster:

C: Varsho
1B: Bell
2B: Albies
3B: McMahon
SS: Swanson
OF: Acuña
OF: Harper
OF: Edman
UTIL: Witt Jr.
UTIL: Voit
BENCH: Gary Sanchez, Belt, Canha, Jeremy Pena

SP: Bieber, Gausman, Musgrove, Clevinger, Manaea, Matz

RP: Clase, Knebel, Floro

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 22, 2022

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

This dude was shopping Acuña, so I just pulled off a blockbuster trade in a $20 yahoo prize league:

Give: Austin Riley, Kris Bryant, Logan Gilbert

Get: Ronald Acuña Jr., Dansby Swanson, Mike Clevinger

gives me this roster:

C: Varsho
1B: Bell
2B: Albies
3B: McMahon
SS: Swanson
OF: Acuña
OF: Harper
OF: Edman
UTIL: Witt Jr.
UTIL: Voit
BENCH: Gary Sanchez, Belt, Canha, Jeremy Pena

SP: Bieber, Gausman, Musgrove, Clevinger, Manaea, Matz

RP: Clase, Knebel, Floro

That's a steal for Acuna. Way to go. I even like Swanson, too.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just kind of putting feelers out, but would anyone be interested in a new keeper league? Yahoo, live draft, categories to be determined but it won't be stupid poo poo like triples and no hitters?

Ideally I'd like 12 teams. I could settle for 10 and then expand next year

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Need help on a keeper decision if anyone mind weighing in

Walker Buehler or Corbin Burnes

Thought buehler to be a no brainer as an ace on the best paper team but every ranking I’ve seen has Burnes several slots higher

There’s no penalty or upside to either guy draft wise it’s just would you rather have. Leaning buehler since I have the best chance of redrafting Burnes I think.

As far as scoring, it’s head to head, and picture SPs as quarterbacks in fantasy football. You can, and I do, stream most of the year but you want to roster 2-3 aces ideally as you get 7 starts per week in this league. Any help is appreciated

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

All teams are taken, thanks pals. :thumbsup:

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 27, 2022

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 25, 2022

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Are these the correct rankings for the standard 5 cats plus OPS? I have the #2 pick

1. Soto
2. Trea Turner
3. Bichette
4. Vlad Jr.
5. Jose Ramirez

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

the_american_dream posted:

Need help on a keeper decision if anyone mind weighing in

Walker Buehler or Corbin Burnes

Thought buehler to be a no brainer as an ace on the best paper team but every ranking I’ve seen has Burnes several slots higher

There’s no penalty or upside to either guy draft wise it’s just would you rather have. Leaning buehler since I have the best chance of redrafting Burnes I think.

As far as scoring, it’s head to head, and picture SPs as quarterbacks in fantasy football. You can, and I do, stream most of the year but you want to roster 2-3 aces ideally as you get 7 starts per week in this league. Any help is appreciated

I like Burnes over Buehler.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

My favorite keeper league I've been in 15+ years drafts next week! We get to keep 3 each year as long as we want. I won it all last year, though I had to trade away my 2nd and 3rd round picks for a playoff push.

My keepers ought to keep me in it for a good long while though. My two for sure keepers are:
Vlad Jr
Juan Soto
And I'm debating now between Corbin Burnes and Shohei the hitter. Leaning towards keeping Burnes.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm starting another Yahoo keeper league. (Keeper League 2: Electric Boogaloo) Yahoo h2h 7x7. Standard Draft. Standard roster size.

Categories are: Avg, RBI, R, HR, SB, SLG, OBP, ERA, Quallity Starts, Saves, K, WHIP, K/BB, and OBP against

12 team league, though I'll go to 10 and expand to 12 next year if I can't fill it.

Draft is Sunday April 3 at 2 pm central time.

Anyone is welcome so long as you're active and not a dick.

March 28 update: Still 6 spots left!

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 28, 2022

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

General Bullshit posted:

HGH and Centaur Paintings, a Goon league that has a :10bux: buy-in, needs 2 more members. We're trying to draft on Sunday, so if anyone wants to join gimme a PM or post here and I'll send you an invite.

Look at these hot two teams, oh wow! One can be yours!

Ah, what the hell. I'll take one of these teams if they're still available.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

DeepDickPizza posted:

Ah, what the hell. I'll take one of these teams if they're still available.

Please give me your email I'll send you an invite. Which team do you want?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

General Bullshit posted:

Please give me your email I'll send you an invite. Which team do you want?

I'll take Team 1.

lance.nicholls@gmail.com

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

My favorite keeper league I've been in 15+ years drafts next week! We get to keep 3 each year as long as we want. I won it all last year, though I had to trade away my 2nd and 3rd round picks for a playoff push.

My keepers ought to keep me in it for a good long while though. My two for sure keepers are:
Vlad Jr
Juan Soto
And I'm debating now between Corbin Burnes and Shohei the hitter. Leaning towards keeping Burnes.

That 3rd choice is a difficult one, and it feels like a coin flip. As much as I love Ohtani, I'd probably learn towards Burnes, too.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'll take Team 1.

lance.nicholls@gmail.com

Awesome, invite sent! I think I found a second owner for the last team so we might be able to draft on time now. Thanks Diamond Dallas Page!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
There is a 90% chance I am going to need to draft my dad's team because he is going to be unable to make his draft. I know nothing about fantasy baseball strategy, or anything about the majority of players outside of superstars and Giants. It is roto, NL only, auction draft, and each team can have up to 7 keepers. I am not entirely sure on the scoring or full roster positions yet. I also have no idea which players are kept at this point for the team I will be drafting or any of the other ones. Are there any good online resources that give updated player values as they are kept/drafted to factor in increasing scarcity? I am familiar with fantasy sports concepts in general, but I don't know enough about fantasy baseball to know how to prioritize between positions (is the 7th best 3rd baseman worth more than the 5th shortstop?) or when there is the last good 1st baseman worth bidding on vs a bunch of interchangeable 0 WAR guys.

It is a live draft but I will be doing it remotely so I should have plenty of time to tinker around with spreadsheets as the draft is happening. I have seen the links in the first post but none of the ones I clicked on seemed to update based on who was kept/drafted, but maybe I just missed one that does.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'm starting another Yahoo keeper league. (Keeper League 2: Electric Boogaloo) Yahoo h2h 7x7. Standard Draft. Standard roster size.

Categories are: Avg, RBI, R, HR, SB, SLG, OBP, ERA, Quallity Starts, Saves, K, WHIP, K/BB, and OBP against

12 team league, though I'll go to 10 and expand to 12 next year if I can't fill it.

Draft is Sunday April 3 at 2 pm central time.

Anyone is welcome so long as you're active and not a dick.

March 28 update: Still 6 spots left!

Just found out my longtime goon league disbanded so looking for another league. What are the keeper rules?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

jabro posted:

Just found out my longtime goon league disbanded so looking for another league. What are the keeper rules?

Keep any 3 on your roster at the end of the season to carry over to the next year. That's literally it. I don't do salary cap or draft pick compensation or anything like that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Sent a PM.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ROTO Keeper League, 12 team draft, I got the last-first 12th spot.

I managed to get Tatis and Acuna back to back and I also was able to get Witt Jr, Kelenic, and Julio Rodriguez, so I'm hoping my team has the best keepers in the league for several years to come. Will post full roster soon.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

fawning deference posted:

ROTO Keeper League, 12 team draft, I got the last-first 12th spot.

I managed to get Tatis and Acuna back to back and I also was able to get Witt Jr, Kelenic, and Julio Rodriguez, so I'm hoping my team has the best keepers in the league for several years to come. Will post full roster soon.

wow you got Tatis/Acuña at 12/13 in a keeper league? seems like a steal.

we drafted our Goon keeper league over the weekend, I am pretty happy with how my team turned out.

Also managed to trade Bryant and Trivino after the draft for Matt Olson.

12 team h2h 7x7 with OBP, SLG, K/bb, k/9 and QS instead of wins

C Garver
1B Olson
2B Cronenwerth
3B Machado (K)
SS Witt Jr.
OF Soto (K)
OF Arozarena
OF O'Neill (K)
UTIL Kelenic
UTIL Bell
BE Crawford
NA Stott

SP Buehler (K), Gausman, Bassitt, Javier, McCullers, Ober, Eflin, Gore
RP Diaz, Barlow, Barlow, Hicks

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

OK, so 12-team ROTO with six keepers.

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS
IP, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, QS, SV+HLD

C Garver (181)
1B Votto (108)
2B LeMahieu (132)
3B Rendon (61)
SS Witt (36)
MI Tatis (13)
CI Chapman (156)
OF Acuna (12)
OF Kelenic (37)
OF Springer (60)
Util Rodriguez (108)
Util Brantley (228)

SP Morton (84)
SP Verlander (85)
SP Bassitt (133)
SP Stroman (180)
SP Kopech (157)
RP Kimbrel (204)
RP Sewald (205)
P Hendricks (229)
P Chafin (228)
P McHugh (229)

I had to auto-draft my bench so I will switch them out the first chance I get. I won't list them here for now.

This was an unorthodox draft strategy, and I'm sure many of you are thinking KELENIC AT 37?? But my strategy was really to set myself up with amazing keepers for years to come, and certainly getting Acuna/Tatis helped me do that. I was hoping to get one and both fell into my lap.

I also think Witt and Rodriguez will play full or nearly full seasons this year and represent two potential more amazing keepers, as does Kelenic, who was heating up near the end of last year and still has top tier five tool potential.

I actually don't expect to have a top five finish with this roster, especially with the time being missed by Acuna and Tatis, but I'm happy with the setup and hopefully I can do better than expected via waiver wire pickups.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Did ESPN get rid of mock drafts? i can't seem to find them. thanks in advance.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

chilihead posted:

Did ESPN get rid of mock drafts? i can't seem to find them. thanks in advance.

https://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/mockdraftlobby?addata=right_rail_mock_flb2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My team's name is Sex Arse Catastrophe and this is their profile image, thank you for looking.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Someone just dropped Riley Greene in my keeper league. I have first waiver priority.

This will give me Witt, Greene, and Rodriguez. Plus Abrams. Plus Tatis/Acuna.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Ive never understood fantasy prospect hype. 9/10 you end up overpaying for what you get or they take a few more years to turn in a solid season. Different in keeper leagues obviously.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Ive never understood fantasy prospect hype. 9/10 you end up overpaying for what you get or they take a few more years to turn in a solid season. Different in keeper leagues obviously.

In a keeper league it's definitely different, and it's different for top 5 prospects most of the time. In this case, all Riley Greene will cost me is a waiver priority and his potential is one of the best players in baseball within a couple of seasons. No risk, limitless upside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just did a first year keeper draft today. I think I did pretty well.

C-- Salvy Perez
1B- Freeman
2B- India
3B- Arenado
SS-Correa
OF- Franmil Reyes
OF- Josh Bell
OF- Verdugo
UTL- Ohtani
UTL- Voit
BN- Madrigal
BN- Arraez
BN- Varsho
BN- Oneill Cruz
BN- Dalbec

SP- Urias
SP- Peralta
RP- Romano
RP- Gallegos
P-. Urquidy
P- Ryu
P- Darren Williams
P- Kluber

Categories are AVG, HR, RBI, R, SB, OBP, SLG, Quality starts, K, ERA, saves, WHIP, K/BB, and OBP against

I like my team. I'm really good in some categories and Im not terrible in any of them.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 3, 2022