Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Having never watched Seinfeld but loving this show, would I vibe with Seinfeld? Or should I just leave it alone and stick with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

are you saying that everyone in Mrs. Maisel isn't a lovely person? I mean, based off of what Susie said when she hijacked another funeral service so she could give Jackie a proper send-off I think the only truly good person on the show is Jackie, and all he does is manage a dive bar.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I wonder if she wouldn't be as bad if the stuff with Joel hadn't happened. Midge has always been a poo poo stirrer, but it seemed to be all in good faith until Joel reveals the affair to her. Considering how her parents are, I always thought Midge and Joel were doing quite well as new parents.

I also had thought the final flashforward was going to be Midge alone, struggling for work, and Suzie pitying her. There was no doubt she was going to make it, but I had a feeling we were going to see a "Lenny Bruce in his final years" type final 20 minutes. But, this isn't that kind of show (was I the only one a little weirded out that her bit on Gordon Ford was a literal stdh.txt "and then they all clapped" thing?)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Well, I was expecting her to do something outlandish, but I wasn't expecting it to effectively be the dream scenario. I wasn't expecting a Joker-like "no one was laughing at all, and she was about to get fired as a writer" resolution, but I had thought maybe Gordon would've been like "yeah, you're a comedian alright" and then whisper in her ear during the applause "don't ever do anything like that again, or you're done".

Maybe I'm being too harsh, considering Sophie's bit on the show happened in a similar way to what Midge does, but it's Sophie Lennox. The show has hammered us over the head with how similar both of their stage personas are, but Sophie is a household name, and Midge isn't.

All that said, I still liked the show and am a little sad it's over