Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I do love Mrs. Maisel, but I'm not sure how I feel about Lenny Bruce being a returning character. Using him right at the beginning kinda made sense as a reference point, but now we're having him become interwoven plot points and it feels a bit off to use a real person in fiction. I know Carol Kaye wasn't particularly enthused by the Carole Keen character that was based on her, and ASP really probably should've at least approached her first. Doing it to someone dead and not even changing the name, it feels a little bit disrespectful.

The season ending has pushed me into yet another rewatch of Gilmore Girls though, so there's that. Anyone who likes Maisel and never bothered with GG really should give that show a shot. At it's best it's just so so great, and if you vibe with ASPs writing from Maisel then it's just that in abundance. Side characters are far, far better too imo.

Lenny is literally the only interesting part of the show imo. The rest of what is going on is just zero stakes and very hard to care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU