Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Michigan making a big run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Probably Magic posted:

Every time I've tuned into any college basketball game this calendar year and start rooting for someone, they immediately choke their lead away, so this is going to be a looooong tournament for me. Hope you like Kentucky taking it all or what the gently caress ever.

Awkward, seems like an easy way for Duke to win it all

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Magic, you know what you must do.

You must cheer for Coach K to ride off into the sunset as a national champ as hard as you can.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Colorado State #21 is a thicc boi

edit - David Roddy. Showing my power 5 bias

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Team Top Seed lives on.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah Michigan's gonna run away with this. Colorado State can't handle Michigan's size.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kayakyakr posted:

Yup.

I do think that the Big XII is going to start doing better and better in the tournament as a whole because of how big a focus on defense there is league-wide. Even Kansas has started to play better defense. That generally leads to deeper tournament runs than offense-only teams (and is why, I think, that Kansas has such disappointing tournament appearances)

That's not how I see it. The Big XII has pretty good defense as a whole, but not great perimeter shooting, with the only great one I can think of in recent memory being Buddy Hield. Kansas can compete with most teams as long as they don't have three great perimeter shooters, but a lot of midmajors can't recruit post players and got where they are from the 3pt range, which Kansas struggles to stretch out to. Then Kansas tries to catch up through the outside and they've never been great from there, streaky at best, so they quickly look themselves out of the game. But Kansas gets lot of steals and stops from regular teams, though since Danny Manning left, they haven't gotten as quality post players and now get dominated by teams with deep big depth. I think the Big XII has been a bit better from long distance shooting, but I don't think defense is their great weakness, it's not like is in football.

Kirios posted:

Magic, you know what you must do.

You must cheer for Coach K to ride off into the sunset as a national champ as hard as you can.

...you know, I do live near Durham.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kirios posted:

Yeah Michigan's gonna run away with this. Colorado State can't handle Michigan's size.

Especially with the whistle this loose. To be fair it was like this in the 4 play in games too.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

turned on the game just in time for Michigan to start pulling away. Disgusting.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HOW DO YOU LET DICKINSON GET THAT DEEP

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

R.D. Mangles posted:

turned on the game just in time for Michigan to start pulling away. Disgusting.

poo poo rear end time for me to be at the doctor's imo

They're gonna lol at my blood pressure

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Juwan Howard may not have much emotional maturity, but he's a pretty good coach.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
GO BLUE MOTHERFUCKERS

i may have missed a comma but idgaf

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
also how the gently caress did that happen

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This Providence-SDSU game got tight in a hurry, huh?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Man, thats a rough call

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

soft call

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ah man, no contact injury

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

also how the gently caress did that happen

I had meetings, but I assume Colorado State quit hitting insane 3 point shots and Michigan's size took over?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Reeeeeefffffssss

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

I had meetings, but I assume Colorado State quit hitting insane 3 point shots and Michigan's size took over?

Pretty much.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Regnevelc posted:

Yeah, CSU started dying by the 3 pretty badly

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Longwood hung around for a bit, but Tennessee is starting to pull away here. Too much defense and depth to handle. Longwood already has 7 turnovers.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, CSU started dying by the 3 pretty badly

I think any college team that relies on threes a lot is doomed long-term in the tournament. Eventually you're going to have an off night. Seems like solid big guys are what the good times always have. Size differences are just too big sometimes in college.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think any college team that relies on threes a lot is doomed long-term in the tournament. Eventually you're going to have an off night. Seems like solid big guys are what the good times always have. Size differences are just too big sometimes in college.

Yeah, the Pittsnogles and Hields that take rando teams deep are more and more rare and AFAIK have never really gone beyond F4.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
It’d be cooler if boise state had iced Memphis out for like 8 straight minutes with Good Basketball, instead, they did it with Bad Basketball and well here we are

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Poor Longwood, man, there was a couple minutes where it looked like they might be in this game.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols shooting 70% in the first half :eyepop:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Go Spiders. Don't care if it fucks up all my brackets.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

gently caress Richmond, stop taking bad shots.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Memphis definitely opened the door but Boise could not walk through it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Remember like four days ago when multiple CBS people were like “Iowa to the Final Four clearly the pace they are on is sustainable!”

lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Dude, if Richmond pulls this off, that would give me such a peace of mind, just not having to worry about losing to Iowa.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Remember like four days ago when multiple CBS people were like “Iowa to the Final Four clearly the pace they are on is sustainable!”

lol

I thought Michigan was dead in the water and then they rolled CSU in the 2nd half. Who knows what will happen here.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Jalen Duren owns, congrats Tigers

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Tennessee is goooooooood.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Bird in a Blender posted:

I thought Michigan was dead in the water and then they rolled CSU in the 2nd half. Who knows what will happen here.

Oh I don’t think they’re gonna lose here but people went all in on them beating Kansas and Wisconsin/Auburn just because it’s kind of a weak slate and they had a good Big Ten Tournament so it’s funny to see them struggle to separate from their first round opponent

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

"Struggles to get past their first round opponent" and "can easily blow by Kansas" aren't mutually exclusive concepts though.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Richmond moving the ball p well here, that was some interesting playbuilding on the possession that Gilyard landed the 3 from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I do not like iowa and hope they lose the game