Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

this was not the chaos dunk, BUT, this was pretty funny.

The chaos dunk was this -

poor husband

That player is my real life husband and that was his first ever Mafia game. He played for all of maybe fifteen minutes.

That game is why I have the aliases "wife" and "widow" in votefinder.

For the record, he thought it was loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like, in a plurality game, without the urge of getting everyone to agree on a target for deadline, there's going to be a bit more apathy -- plurality is great for town when there are town lurkers, but it also lets scum sit on nonviable votes / doesn't force everyone to commit or not to pulling the trigger on a contentious candidate. So I feel like voting records would be harder to track in a plurality game?

I've played both plurality and majority games but I don't have any hard data to back any of this up -- I just think it would help scum as much as if not more than town.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

I once ran a game where the cop was explicitly told they were sane, and then every scum member had a godfather (returns-town) ability.

I ran another game once where the cop was insane but the backup cop was sane.

And another where the cop was a brutal cop (kills all SCUM results) and also paranoid (only gets SCUM results)

Good times.

My first game was one of yours, clearly marked "newbie friendly." I was scum.

Near the end of the game, the game merged with a different game you were running at the same time, one I hadn't read because I wasn't in it.

Thread A, the scum were near victory. Thread B had just finished off their last scum. So the new town of Thread A-and-B realized they should just pick off members of Thread A in order of suspiciousness.

It did not feel "newbie friendly."

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cloacamazing! posted:

We're considering "Roles that died way too early" mafia.

For some role madness game where we were supposed to base the roles vaguely on cartoon characters, I came up with a Master Shake role where, each night, the player picks a flavor from a list of milkshake flavors but doesn't know what it does, and I had a huge text list explaining what each flavor did. Half of them were duds/useless like "you get three points!" or whatever and the other half were actual useful abilities.

The person who got the role died n1.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
.... holy poo poo I've never run a game but I desperately want to call dibs on Must Be In Want Of A WIFOA: A Jane Austen Clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cloacamazing! posted:

Fakeclaim Mafia is now accepting signups! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050531

Ever claimed a role that you wish was actually real? Join and make that dream come true!

If you don't want to play, but have a really great role, let me know and maybe someone else will get it!

I wish I could find the game where winvirus claimed to have a post restriction that required him to post in Hyrulean, and he uploaded a series of images of scrawling characters and then flipped bog standard vanilla town