Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
New thread, same ol', Amalgam. Mafia expert, super sleuth and scum master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Max posted:

His name is raising a lot of questions that his name already answers.

Lmao

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Project Zomboid, The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante, Black Future 88, Nuclear Throne, Noita

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 15, 2022

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Opopanax posted:

I keep seeing that game come up but it looks absolutely terrible, is it actually that good?

Dopamine Release Simulator. It's a good 3 or 4 dollars. Whatever it actually comes out to for you.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Thank you for your service, Alli. Thank you pending future computer touchers.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Max posted:

My account on these forums is somehow 20 years old.

I'm feeling nostalgic, and just wanted to pop in and say that in those two decade, this is probably the community I've stuck around the most. I know I haven't posted much in the last few years, but I just wanted you all to know I still read and think about this community every once in a while. Hope everyone is well.

:unsmith:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
"Mafia Discussion Thread: Everyone here is getting old 👴"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Grandicap posted:

Yes, getting...

Lol

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
When do we reveal ourselves?? I'm revealing myself. I'm glad you like them, Pig. Sweet corner. Happy holidays!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Jose Valasquez posted:

happy birthday Jemery!

lmao

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lmao at this new thread title

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Also I was a fool and used the same secret Santa list for four secret Santas.

I want to say a lovely mafia goon got me the Stormlight Archive books 1 through 3 by Brandon Sanderson and the Dangers of Smoking in Bed by Mariana Enriquez.

If this was none of you please disregard. If it was one of you, thank you. Excellent choices.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Grandicap posted:

Numberwang! A game of Mafia for 13 players coming soon to a thread near you.

That's Numberwang!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Jen X posted:

I think the “adventures of jemery” RPG would have probably ended with fewer people upset (but many more people confused)

Lmao

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

CubicalSucrose posted:

I don't know what these folks are talking about, I'm great at Mafia, make really good decisions, and continue to say how awesome I am in my confessional. (Or maybe I'm lying?)

:hmmyes:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Opopanax posted:

This is the strangest resurgence I've ever seen

lol no kidding.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
lol

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
What about launch?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Snooze Cruise posted:

i know that is a joke but i would prefer to avoid cutesy hehe we are not saying lynch stuff in all forms, yes

Lol my bad, I thought you were an irredeemable poo poo poster and joking. Picked up the wrong vibe.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I mean, he did post over a thousand posts in a game.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I may have too cavalier an attitude about this, but can we just get back to playing informed minority versus uninformed majority games on the internet??? Geessshh.

If anyone is ever sincerely hurt about something, address it with that individual, if it doesn't work out, take it up with a mod. If things go poorly with the mod, we can have a big powwow about it in a really eye-opening thread and make splinter discords because that's not weird at all, and it'll be cool. Life carries on as the grotesque horror that it is.

And if you feel that I've crossed a line, by all means, please do tell me to gently caress off... not that I'll listen, but your point will come across just fine.

Mafia isn't dead, but we are on the bloated corpse of an antiquated internet forum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Leperflesh posted:

I've seen threads get far more angry at one another - like, this week - but the contentiousness here seems to me to be more a matter of a few people using textual styles of communication that allow for either a jokey or a hostile reading depending on where the reader is coming from; and, what some posters may have seen as a steamroller towards setting up an IK from among a group of posters they don't recognize and objecting to that. So both substantive disagreement that has been working out as people discuss in earnest, and, some hostility, a little genuine and a little based on mutual misunderstanding.

This is normal. Moderation can help by reminding people to be kind, be forgiving, listen to what people are saying despite the tone they're saying it in.

This is a good take.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Jose Valasquez posted:

This whole new crew vs old crew thing is so dumb, it's not real! We're all just posters!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
handles, our first mafia game, a favorite mafia memory, and why we like to play mafia and/or something fun about ourselves.

I'm IA, but I've also been Doctor Idle, Anomalous Amalgam, Ghostly & Ghastly Gangsta, Naga Liu Kang and a couple others that I've forgotten.

My first mafia game was probably Somberbrero's Golgatha in 2014?

I think it would be hard to pin down any specific "favorite" mafia memory for me, but it suffices to say the Shine games were a lot of fun, Pig's FF series have been some of my favorite games. Pleading for my life as Mustadio in tactics lol. I once got partnered with Ecco in a star trek game as a lover when I was still kind of new at the game and we had the most business-like and brief conversation over PM and that's always been hilarious to me. But yeah, anytime I roll scum or 3p are what I would consider favorites. I wish we could do a best of and just completely re-run old setups as open setups.

I like playing because most everyone here is passably funny or the drama that arises in-game is usually passably funny(when it's not emotionally catastrophic for anyone). It's entertaining to see how people deal with pressure and interrogation, how people question and think. It's also probably made me more subtly compelling in my professional life.

Unfortunately, there's not much that I can think of that I would say is "fun" about me. I'm a dork of average competence and limited skill, but I get by, I suppose.

e: anecdote for "fun", in the eighth grade, on the last day of school they called me to make a basketball shot for some reason, unexpectedly, in front of like 400 people and I completely vault the ball nowhere even close to the backboard then shamefully slink out of the auditorium to not be seen for the remainder of the school year.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 25, 2023

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Oh, I dont think I played in it, or maybe I did. Merk's experimental you have one post that you edit game that was a good mess.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Shellception posted:

Thread has taken a turn for the heartwarming, gotta say.

:unsmith:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lmao

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Grandicap posted:

I think I still have my drink based version on my photo roll. God, I still remember the taste.
Here's a hint, don't make a vodka based drink with a chicken stock mixer.

:chloe:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Monathin posted:

Huge props to you, Eps+/death cob, and everyone else who have been working to get Votefinder back off the ground. :toot:

:yeah:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure there is, get a couple more games on that list and we can run Too Much Mafia Mafia, a game for 9 players

Lol only if the abilities in too much mafia mafia involve mechanics that pull flipped/claimed/alleged roles from ongoing games.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Congrats somber! That's pretty cool.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics