Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
fourth post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Please add this to the OP as requested:

Edit: OK I will accept it as the first post

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

birdstrike posted:

Somebody please show this thread to the greatest player, Marco from NarutoForums.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mordiceius posted:

I still want to put together a Mistborn game sometime.

I seriously just reread the first Mistborn book, it holds up. Good stuff!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876323&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6 (Magical Girl Mafia - Again)

Correctly identified all three scum and dayvigged one of them, reviving 4 dead town players in the process.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tpink posted:

Also, all my favorite games by far were Pod’s Shine games. Just well thought-out, great-flavor, and fun-but-still-balanced mechanics. Peak of SA mafia, imo.

:beerpal:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Praise/blame Sandwolf for the new thread subtitle.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

birdstrike posted:

we need Marco from Naruto forums

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's awesome, great use of server templates! Thanks a ton for putting that together.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello, friends! As many of you likely know, Alli has graciously hosted and maintained Votefinder for the SA Mafia community since 2016 (six years!), but she is ready to move on and would like to find someone that she can transition ownership of the bot to.

She can provide the codebase, a database dump, and the configuration files that are currently in place on the server that Votefinder runs on today - but she will not be able to provide the server itself in perpetuity as it currently runs on a personal server.
Gory technical details: Votefinder currently runs on a Linux server using nginx and uwsgi, and has a mysql database as well. The codebase itself is Python/Django.

The new owner will need to provide a new server on which to host Votefinder, and (put simply) have enough knowledge to actually do that given all of the above - Alli doesn't have the bandwidth to teach someone new how to do this from scratch. If you're interested in taking this on, please post here, PM me, or ping me on the SA Mafia Discord (linked in the OP). We'll figure out logistics from there.

Lats but not least... Votefinder's been a fantastic tool for the community, both from a vote-counting perspective and also as a mind-boggling record of over 1,350 games of Mafia played on SA over the last 12 years. I really appreciate the time and effort Alli's put into keeping it running - thank you!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, funding the server is not the limiter here - server space is fairly inexpensive these days. The primary thing is finding someone who touches computers with enough experience that they can handle what's needed to make it work.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The last time we tried changing this thread title people yelled at me and Sandwolf :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JOHN CENA posted:

thats a toxx btw if i dont post a new mafia thread within 24 hours of that post, ban me.

:toxx:

I'll check back in when I wake up tomorrow morning, but I believe in you!