Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Ground floor of a dying thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I threw my hat in the ring for the Great Online Mafia Championship with the Mafia Universe people for your information folks. If you wanna come the sooner the better for other nominations!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Wanted: One replacement for Mystery Village Mafia. A game in late day 1.

Can offer frustration, arbitrary roles. Desired: posts.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Insandenza posted:

Put me in, coach

I'm sorry to inform you that you are playing that game of mafia

https://discord.gg/3dDRaBQx

Please come if this is an offer to join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I'm sorry to inform you that you are playing that game of mafia

https://discord.gg/3dDRaBQx

Please come if this is an offer to join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hole is filled.... For now!

We may shoot for a hat-trick though!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

My favourite mafia moment is winning 3 person lylo as scum after all my teammates died d1-3. :frogdunce:

My other one is running consistent back to back gambits with the new players starting at ussr mafia.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I just remembered another good mafia game.

I was joat and didn't claim the whole game until it was lylo in role madness, and scum team (4 posters) all scum-rushed another player. Despite me not claiming they elected to NK me. One of my available abilities that night was a redirection, so I redirected to a vulnerable scum team member and killed them. Then we spent 4 days executing them one by one hahaha.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3878251&pagenumber=57&perpage=40#post491685767

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 21, 2022

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Was this my Final Fantasy game? I remember something like that happening and it was v funny

yeah, i just found it lol!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mystery Village Mafia ended in a Changeling Victory.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

mega dy posted:

I live in a superposition of retirement and unretirement whose waveform only collapses if there is a game that I kinda want to play in.

that's incredibly valid, you're welcome here.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Put me in coach

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Happy birthday Echo!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

happy birthes@!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Happy birthday Mr steak

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

There are two games ongoing but depending on how it goes I may start recruiting for a toaly mafia like experience.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Happy sand day

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

An idiot kingu hands out sixers

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

We could always go back to the tried and true infinitum huh...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Crisis actors

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It's okay young mafia players. They'll fall asleep watching westerns on the lazy boy soon enough and we'll have the thread to ourselves.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

wins32767 posted:

I mean seriously, this is a group of people who argue and shitpost for fun. And not just the normal SA levels. These are experts in it. The creme de la creme. For well over a decade these people have been arguing over stupid poo poo day in and day out. D&D doesn't even begin to approach the intensity, the fire that has served as a crucible for these folks. I would put these few, proud, argumentative shitposters against any other group, from any other site. I know they'd come out on top.

Ninja: gently caress, miscounted the snipe.

Hahah yeah we argue and are stubborn because that's the game, out there *points outside*.

But in here *gestures at the walls of the thread* we should be able to easily have honest conversations without sniping or driving by each other.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm toaly a prolific mafia player. They them she her I can be mean and standoffish but I usually mean well (60% of the time). My favourite memory of mafia was when I carried as solo scum one game for 4 rounds and won lylo.

My favourite game, there's a lot of them. Like the somber games. Like the birb games a lot. (They're good fun). I really like the flavour of the taste cult games. I think of them a lot.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I ran one game with a role so bad to play I think the player quit. In short, you can be your dreams I'm living proof.

(It was a puppet killer sk that poisoned players, and then got to give them 3 posts they had to make without referencing they were Anon posts they were given)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

that sounds awesome though??? I would unfortunately self-destruct if I caught any serious heat probably but drat it'd be fun to mindfuck everyone until then.

the issue was the victims of the role having a horrible time and acting out

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I remember this. You had to modkill me because I refused to post what they were telling me to post. Which might be the player quit you're thinking of.

Yes it is, thank you for your service. O7

Squiggly posted:

P1: "im scum"
P2: "lol no really legit scum itt"
P3: "look at this chode town not killing the self proclaimed scum"

That's the long and short of it,

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Always glad to help :)

To be fair if the posts had been what Squiggly was suggesting I probably would have begrudgingly gone along with it but I was being told to post weird poo poo entirely unrelated to the game including some weird/gross youtube video so I figured if I was going to die either way I'd rather just not do that.

Good morning, everyone! I'm saying these words of my own volition. I just wanted to take this chance for us to grow as a community and share some of our favorite tunes. This song is an instant classic from my favorite band of all time, and I hope you'll give them a listen. I have intended to write every single word in this post! Well, enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blXhSF72nxs

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Congratulations somber!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

got some chores tonight posted:

Am I too late for introductions? I also played a mafia game (I'm dead now, but you can find it somewhere) so that means I have to retire again.

My posting handle is got some chores tonight, typically chores, formerly dongsbot 9000. I was name changed by Lowtax at some point. I had a cute little pig for an avatar but now it's mean and scary.

My first mafia game according to votefinder was Mafia, a mafia-themed game. I think this was a GBS game. The first TGR game was theoretically a CYOR musical game (I remember being Turandot), but I don't think that game finished. My first real game was Shine 1, where I burst onto the scene as an inflammatory, high-activity, aggressive case-pushing player that (I recall) was a throwback to older players at that time (I saw this whole old dickhead posters vs young sweet children that came up a few months ago, and I find it amusing I rejoined mafia at a time shortly after this was re-litigated when my presence brought a similar discussion when I first joined).

I left mafia for a couple of reasons, namely my personal life got busier and I was never going to play mafia as a low-activity lurker-type as a personality thing, and also, a significant chunk of players just plain didn't like me and how I played mafia.

My favourite mafia memory was when I real-life detected that two players knew each other irl through my excellent case making. They got married at some point (AR and Dawny). I also enjoyed reading posts and Discord messages along the way from people like Snooze, PMom, Taste, Ecco, and my eternal punching bag, Tobbs.

Upon reflection, I play mafia because I like being told I'm smart and being patted on the head for solving games. Honestly, I have a higher opinion of myself than of anyone else, so my internal head-pats are often adequate to sustain this ego-stroking monster.

I made a self-important retirement post last time I quit mafia and I'll do it again. When I join a mafia game, it becomes a major part of my life. I spend way more time on my phone, reading and re-reading posts, posting to pressure scum, coordinating in scumchat, etc. As a life update, when I started mafia, I was a medical student and now I'm a board-certified internist finishing up my nephrology fellowship. I have a two-year old son. I can't do mafia casually and thus, I can't do mafia at all.

See you on the other side of the posting wars. Never say never, maybe I'll be back (this retirement was apparently only three years!), but maybe not, and I leave you all with love in my heart.

Chores out.

Bye !

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SK victory! Grats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

A ton of townies dying is a statistic, a missed chance at killing scum is a tragedy