Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

new game up https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002369

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Four more slots for Tropical Deforstation Mafia, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002369

Post in the thread and join the discord

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hi Max!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Happy belated, Mr. Scumwolf!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Snooze Cruise posted:

Can we move away from saying lunch too? Like I don't really know if we can pat ourselves on the back for moving away from using lynch if we are just changing one letter and saying the same thing but coded.

I feel 1000% the same way.

“Lunch” feels like you’re trying to sneakily get away with saying a bad word. I would rather just not invoke the concept at all in my escapist dumb forum lying game.

I also prefer not to have “cops” (cops are awful and I don’t want to pretend to be one in my dumb forum lying game) and I always call them “seers” instead but that hasn’t seemed to catch on here.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i have no clue what an “IK” is and I absolutely refuse to find out, sounds dumb. Anyway what were u all talking about?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

seriously though what are we even talking about there seems to be a general tone of “we are having an argument” but I cannot for the life of me discern a substantive thing that is being by argued about lol

At least in mafia I know we are vaguely arguing about who’s scum 😅

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Natural 20 posted:

I'm happy enough to just go with the majority but we avoid the use of 'lynch' because the bad connotations are potentially triggering or unwelcoming.

I broadly think that lunch is both sufficiently commonplace as a word and obviously ridiculous in context here to avoid both of these circumstances.

And from there I favour the least restriction on language as is reasonable.

Like what do you need to do to make this work? I have basically 0 tech knowledge but if it's just putting down cash for a hosting site then I'm willing to pay a monthly sub or whatever for mafia.

I’m not actually trying to ‘restrict’ anyones language but just noting that when I (a non-black person of color in the US) see people use the word ‘lunch’ in the lying game on the overwhelmingly white forum I think “hey look a (probably) white person is going out of their way to avoid saying ‘lynch’”

Having to have this thought feels a bit cringe and annoying and distracting when I’m trynna relax and be an evil scum

If that matters to you, you may consider using a different word

Again, not advocating for a ‘restriction,’ but hoping ya might be sympathetic to this

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Oops not sure what this empty quote was

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hey schwinne, what’s happening. Always glad to see you here

Sup Hal!

I actualy read more of the thread and I’ll just say thanks to people especially voodoo and sandwolf who are holding things down well here and making sure folks feel cozy in this cool dumb lil corner of the internet 🙏🏾

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I’m shwinnebego/shwiffles (he/him), been playing here for like a year and on breadnroses for another year or so, mafia is cool and fun and I like yall people here

My fave maf memory is hard bussing my scumbud out of the gate d1 and winning this one time it was p cool

Something about me is uh, Ive spent a bunch of the last decade working with Amazonian communities on tropical forest conservation stuff. Also I don't like cops none too much

shwinnebego fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 28, 2023