Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello! It's that time of year again, where the Mafia Universe folks invite us to participate in their giant online Mafia Championship this summer. The deadline is April 24th but I have been informed that the sooner you get in touch with them about your interest in participating, the better. We can send one main champion from our community, along with an alternate who could potentially step in during the qualifying game if the original player needs to bow out. The alternate cannot step in past that, so if our nominee ends up making it past qualifiers, they are locked in.

I personally found this rather fun when I participated two years ago, as you are playing a game against people who you do not know at all, and thus can throw any and all meta reads out the window. Sandwolf was our champion last year, and he can speak to his own experience if he wishes.

If we want to participate, we just need to pick someone to send, or someone can speak up if they are particularly interested. I'm of the mind that it's best to send someone that has not participated in the Mafia Universe championship in the past, but I am just one person.

If and when we pick someone, just let me know and I can get you in touch with the individual who handles registration. Here is their pitch:

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part :)

And the rest of the document can be found here .

Let me know if you have any questions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FWIW I am going to lean more towards sending someone that actually wants to go and participate. Shell seems cool!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Send a hive mind. Coordinate actions within a private discord.

This is specifically not allowed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think Toal would be a rep!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

New thread, same ol', Amalgam. Mafia expert, super sleuth and scum master.

And dog picture lover.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Winning in Ferngully Mafia

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asking here as well, anyone else going to throw their hat in the ring for the mafia universe championship thing? If not then we can get the ball rolling on Toal getting set up over there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I declare Toal the champion. I’ve sent the necessary info along, but if anyone wants to be the alternate just say so.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

I declare Toal the champion. I’ve sent the necessary info along, but if anyone wants to be the alternate just say so.

Sandwolf has stepped up as an alternate for this. This is only for the qualifying game and if Toal needs to swap out. If Toal places in the semifinals, she'll be locked in for the rest of the series. Good luck, everyone!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

His name is raising a lot of questions that his name already answers.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There are plenty of games happening, just not much discussion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Whomst is this person that wanders in to yonder mafia parlor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My account on these forums is somehow 20 years old.

I'm feeling nostalgic, and just wanted to pop in and say that in those two decade, this is probably the community I've stuck around the most. I know I haven't posted much in the last few years, but I just wanted you all to know I still read and think about this community every once in a while. Hope everyone is well.