Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

HGH and Centaur Paintings is back for another season. Greetings from American Labor Hell where billionaires are broke and workers have it too good.

Feel free to name your team after literally anything stupid that happened in the past 130 days. Greedy owners, stupid capitulating players, Ken Rosenthal becoming a Bolshevik, owners, unions, the ghost of Marvin Miller crying, whatever.

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
There is a :10bux: fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Every year the winner has been paid so your :10bux: ten dollars are safe with me.
Mandatory 3 Keeper rule: You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. If you don't keep three players I will select them for you based upon average draft position.

This is an ESPN league with 80% goons in it. Scoring is Batting Average, HR, RBI, R, BBs, and SBs on offense. Ks, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

We use the Free Agent Auction System which results in hilarious overpays for waiver wire guys and dudes that get called up for one start and then sent back down.

This is the current roster size. Three seasons ago we added a 4th OF which helped prevent the glut of good OFs sitting on the waiver wire.

DRAFT DATE: We're hoping to draft Sunday, March 27th at 7:00PM EST. Hopefully I won't mess up the time zones this time. Because Spring Training is super short there's not a lot of time to draft but let me know if this time absolutely doesn't work for some of you.

TEAM OPENINGS: There's at least one team open this season.

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Uruk-Hai Meatmenuers: Checked in and paid
Chicago Handshakes: Checked in and paid
Homestead Pinkertons: Checked in and paid
Labored SABRs: Checked in and Paid
Arod of Rohan: Checked in
Fightin' Chocobos: Checked in and paid
Haywood's Hurlers: Checked in and paid
Little Kenny's Labor Honks: Checked in and paid
Infield Fly You Fools: Checked in
Bilbo BABIPS: Checked in and Paid

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 29, 2022

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I am/was Bilbo BABIPs and I'm back even though I've run my roster into the ground. Maybe I should take that unowned team and let some other goon inherit my pile of poo poo.

What is your Venmo or Paypal?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Woohoo baseball! I was Orgrimmar Warchiefs and I'm back too, jury is still out on whether I'll do some actual preparation for the draft because there is literally no time lol. Draft date and time is perfect, I hope it stays where it is. What I'm looking forward to most is not having Trevor loving Bauer on my team any more

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Oh right, I won last season didn't I? It kind of got overshadowed for me by a certain division series :cry:

Anyway Arod of Rohan is back for another season!! Hell yes!!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

I am/was Bilbo BABIPs and I'm back even though I've run my roster into the ground. Maybe I should take that unowned team and let some other goon inherit my pile of poo poo.

What is your Venmo or Paypal?

Man I knew I forgot something in the OP: My paypal account is still tied my old decrepit yahoo email: senatorjp@yahoo.com Send your :10bux: there please!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ok I have found a new owner for one of the teams, I still haven't heard back from Nederlands Honkbal or Miniature Giant Space Hamsters.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

PayPal sent.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

PayPal sent.

Got it, thanks buddy!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ok there are two owners I still have not heard back from, so if I do not hear from them by tonight I'm going to start looking for new owners.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
PayPal sent.

I think this is the third consecutive year I've had three keepers in the pre-season top 10. this is my year!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Fleetwood posted:

PayPal sent.

I think this is the third consecutive year I've had three keepers in the pre-season top 10. this is my year!

Got it, thanks!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I sent one invite out, but we have two openings now, and it's likely the draft will have to be delayed unless I can find owners. :negative:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Who are the logical keepers for each unowned team? I could try and get some non-goons in, but they'd probably want to know what they're getting into.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Who are the logical keepers for each unowned team? I could try and get some non-goons in, but they'd probably want to know what they're getting into.

Great question. Team One is super pitching heavy, so likely Albies and then Scherzer and Cole? Winker or even Correa could be kept, too.

Team Two has Vlad Jr, Jose Ramirez, Franco, or Buehler maybe?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

General Bullshit posted:

I sent one invite out, but we have two openings now, and it's likely the draft will have to be delayed unless I can find owners. :negative:

Oh I shoulda posted here earlier to add this thread to my bookmarks, forgot I reached out via PM.

I'm okay with a delayed draft fwiw, I can make it work this weekend but I'd be juggling a few tasks and maybe distracted/afk at certain moments.

I can ask around for recruits in my non-baseball leagues, but they're mostly goons so I imagine they'd have poked their head in here already if interested.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

It's not a big deal for me if the draft has to be postponed. I haven't done a bit of research yet lol.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

It's not a big deal for me if the draft has to be postponed. I haven't done a bit of research yet lol.

Same, but I'm just scared everyone will draft next Sunday at 7.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I will paypal fees now, I totally forgot to come on the forums for this thread :lol:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I have sent two invites out. Prepare to draft on time :getin:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kensei posted:

I will paypal fees now, I totally forgot to come on the forums for this thread :lol:

Ok I got it thanks.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

General Bullshit posted:

When is that again?

I read the OP

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

General Bullshit posted:

Ack! Not gonna be able to do much reading or prep, so I hope my past baseball knowledge is still relevant...

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kalensc posted:

Ack! Not gonna be able to do much reading or prep, so I hope my past baseball knowledge is still relevant...

Yeah I'm reading right now :lol:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Well I just got home and am sitting down to look at this team...

poo poo, I have no idea who to set as my 3 keepers lmao

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Here's the projections, check back in September to see how wrong/right they are:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I take that as a challenge. :colbert: Also, PayPal sent.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Sorry, missed this thread somehow. I'm back and will send :10bux: in a minute.

e: I'm the Space Hamsters

double edit: I see I'm too late. Ah well, good luck to whoever inherited my team!

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 28, 2022

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

double edit: I see I'm too late. Ah well, good luck to whoever inherited my team!

Oh was that the team I took over? If so I'm happy to step aside, wouldn't want to displace a long-time member of the league. :ohdear:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

kalensc posted:

Oh was that the team I took over? If so I'm happy to step aside, wouldn't want to displace a long-time member of the league. :ohdear:

It's all good. I've been getting absolutely crushed at work.

Just keep the tradition alive, and jump out to an early lead before crashing in flames halfway through the season. :cheers:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

gently caress I am so sorry. I had to replace you. Now I wish I had delayed the draft another week. This shortened Spring Training sucks.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Updated who has paid and who hasn't, if anyone hasn't yet sent your league dues please do so. Send them to senatorjp@yahoo.com and hopefully yahoo doesn't flag it spam :sigh:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I love middle relievers

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Oh neat the injuries for my dudes are back!

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

General Bullshit posted:

Updated who has paid and who hasn't, if anyone hasn't yet sent your league dues please do so. Send them to senatorjp@yahoo.com and hopefully yahoo doesn't flag it spam :sigh:

Oh sorry, I thought I had already sent the money. My bad!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Peggotty posted:

Oh sorry, I thought I had already sent the money. My bad!

Thanks I cannot remember what team you run :lol:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I'm Haywood's Hurlers. Yeah I have no idea how you keep track of anything with the yearly changing team names and the forum names and whatever paypal shows you lol

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Peggotty posted:

I'm Haywood's Hurlers. Yeah I have no idea how you keep track of anything with the yearly changing team names and the forum names and whatever paypal shows you lol

I used to have a piece of paper that had it all on it but I've lost it. I am super duper confused and it's probably why I couldn't figure out who wasn't coming back like 4 days before draft :lol:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs. I'm in the consolation ladder :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Thanks as always for running the league. Fun as always.