Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Welcome to Wine in Front of All: 2021 Mafia All Stars

Voodoofly always encourages people to rip off the WIFOA setup so I am! This will be an open setup game with roles picked by you, the players! Probably won’t be balanced, probably will be fun!

I’m your mod, Sub Rosa. This game is restricted to players who won at least one game of Mafia in 2021 as a non-town alignment.

Here is the list of potential players in no particular order:

Idle Amalgam
Hal Incandenza
Toalpaz
spacing in vienna
PlasticAutomaton
Bifauxnen
B-
Merk
Sandwolf
Shellception
Grandicap
deadmeat5150
Ignatius M. Meen
CirclMastr
Maerlyn
Scientastic
ObamaAkbar
Taste
GulagDolls
Somberbrero
Jen X
Amnistar
Mr. Steak (lol)
birdstrike
Voodoofly
TammyHEH
PERPETUAL IDIOT
oldskool
bunnyofdoom
ChaosArgate
SolusLunes
Quackles
dy.
SNG
hambeet

If you think I missed you I probably did, just let me know what game you won as not-town in 2021. I will run this game with however many people on this list sign up!

:siren: DISCORD LINK :siren: You need to join the discord server to play.

Signups are open. Game will probably start on April 1st, but first deadline will not be until Monday after. Of course all the role stuff needs to be happening in the lead up.

There is no player limit. At some point I'll determine we aren't getting more and close signups. I'll figure out the alignment balance after that as well.

More to come, and more rules below, but I encourage everyone to start calling everyone scum now.

1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. b-minus1
  3. birdstrike
  4. bunnyofdoom
  5. CirclMastr
  6. Grandicap (He, Him)
  7. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  8. hambeet (he/him)
  9. Ignatius M. Meen
  10. Maerlyn (she/her)
  11. mega dy (hello)
  12. merk (he/him)
  13. PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever)
  14. sandnavyguy (He/him)
  15. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  16. Somberbrero (He/him)
  17. spacing in vienna (she, her) REPLACED BY Nep-Nep (She/Her)
  18. TammyHEH (she/her) REPLACED BY Rhymes With Clue
  19. Toalpaz (She/Her & They/Them)
  20. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Wine in Front of All is exactly like a normal game, except there is a special pre-game stage that allows people to pick roles. It works as such:

Specific WIFOA Pre-Game Rules [NOTE: Some of these have changed from some previous WIFOA games as this is the double mint flavor variety]

Stage 0: Player submitted roles. Each player will submit one TOWN role from any game that took place in 2021 to go in the role pool. All roles from a 2021 WIFOA game are eligible picks as well, no matter if they were actually picked or not, or picked by scum. I reserve the right to ask you to pick something else. No roles that mess with flips or that determine alignment. Who submitted each role will not be public information during the game.

Stage 1: Draft Order Contest. Each player must send me a number (integers only, sc4rs) from 1-10. Each player must also send me a second tie break number from 1-10 – the tie break will work exactly like the original contest (Example of number choice: Vodoofly picks 9, 9). The object is to pick the number closest to 1 that THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE PICK. Order will be determined as: (1) closest to 1 that only 1 person picked, until all single picks are gone; (2) closest to 1 that only 2 people picked (using the tiebreaker), until all double picks are gone; (3) closest to 1 that only 3 people picked (using the tiebreaker), until all triple picks are gone; etc. If there is a tie in the tiebreaker number section, those players will be behind any single pick for the tie breakers, and I will roll dice for them. The final Draft Order will be published in this thread for all to see before moving to Stage 2. See the Mock Draft (posted somewhere below) for an example.

Stage 2: Pick Two Roles. First, players will learn their alignment (scum will NOT learn who their scum buddies are). Second, each person must select TWO ROLES, from the pool of roles (which will be below one it is made): one will be a PRIMARY role, the other a SECONDARY role (Example of role choice: Voodoofly: Primary Toxic Vig, Secondary Party Host). These selections must be sent to me via PM or Discord. Role selections will NOT be published until after the game has finished.

Stage 3: Primary Role Draft. After all role selections are in, I will then go down the Draft Order – if nobody above you has selected the PRIMARY role you picked, you get the role, but if someone has already taken that role, you still have a chance in the Secondary Role Draft. If you select vanilla, you will automatically be vanilla. The results of this draft will NOT be published until after the game has finished.

Stage 4: Secondary Role Draft. Now, we will go reverse, snake style, back up the Draft Order – if you did not get your PRIMARY role, and your SECONDARY is still available, you get the role, but if someone has already taken that role, you are vanilla. If you select vanilla, you will automatically be vanilla. The results of this draft will NOT be published until after the game has finished.

Stage 5: Let’s go! People will be sent their role (including any additional role information that was intentionally or unintentionally not included in the OP) and full/rest of their alignment (scum will learn their scumbuddies at this time, etc). After that Day 1 will begin. Unless we need a Night 0 for a role.

General Rules:
  • General mafia rules apply: Don't be a jerk or try to break the rules. You all know what the rules are.
  • Eternal Twilight. When a player is hammered, that player shuts up. If, for some reason, a player looks like they might be killed, people can keep talking until a mod puts a flip up (including the possible dead player). Thread will never close because WIFOA is the party that never ends.
  • There are NO roles that can determine alignment. There are also NO roles that can mess with the flips (i.e. if the flip says scum, they were scum, etc.)
  • Majority lunches. You can ##vote no execution if you want but that's more of a plurality thing so not sure why you would. There will be deadlines, if you don't hammer by the deadline then no execution that day.
  • Pander Rule: Do NOT quote or share your role PM, or any part of it, with anyone, whether in the thread or not. If you are allowed to share your role PM, your role will explicitly specify as such. Scum are allowed to share their roles with scumbuddies.
  • Don't try to break the game through rule technicalities. When in doubt ask before you do something.
  • Talking about the game: Don't do it. Whether living or dead. Whether the person is in the game or not. Just say no! Observer / dead chat in Discord is the only exception.
  • This is a non-confirmation style game. Basically, I will NEVER tell you about the success or failure of your night actions (unless your role expressly says you will get success or failure confirmation). Don't equate receiving results to being successful, since if there was a reason you would receive false results you won't know about it. Likewise, though, this isn't meant to be a mindfuck game.
  • Night actions will follow a priority list. You can assume that list generally follows this pattern: Blocky / Watchy / Protecty / Shooty / Searchy.
  • The scum kill is an action. A scum player must perform it. If they perform a kill they are not able to do any other action, unless they have another role that would expressly allow them to perform multiple actions.
  • Also, there may be situations where a player asks you to do something unusual. As such, there is NO STRICT RULE about posting actions in thread or in your confessional. On the other hand, if I think anyone is doing something just to be a jerk I'll modkill them. Use your judgment. Inquisitive actions are allowed although might be ignored. Tricking someone to post something is allowed so long as I can determine even a remotely decent reason to do it. Joke fake actions will be applauded or punished depending on how good they are. Please don't make me explain this further or change this rule.
  • Other things: Just pay attention.

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 25, 2022

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

MOCK DRAFT

Mock Draft Contest to make it simpler (second number is tiebreaker).

A: 1,1
B: 1,4
C: 1,1
D: 3,7
E: 5,9
F: 5,2
G: 7,1
H: 2,4
I: 2,7
J: 9,8
K: 6,9
L: 6,7
M: 5,6

Final Draft Order:

1. D (3,7) (one person picked the number)
2. G (7,1)
3. J (9,8)
4. H (2,4) (two people picked the number)
5. I (2,7)
6. L (6,7)
7. K (6,9)
8. B (1,4) (three people pick the number)
9. C (1,1 wins dice roll)
10. A (1,1 loses dice roll)
11. F (5,2)
12. M (5,6)
13. E (5,9)

Simple, right?

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 19, 2022

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Role Pool:

Arknights Mafia

Scene - Camera Master

Bezzelbee's Technical College

"Detroit" Plath - Enchanter
Gina “Albuquerque” Applebaum - Painter A
Gina “Albuquerque” Applebaum - Painter B

Brockton Bay vs Echidna

Skitter - Queen of Escalation

Interdimensional Ultimate Deathmatch CYOF Mafia

SCP-426 - Vast Psychic Manipulation
The girl in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsOdQKQduW0 - Unpredictability

Isekai Mafia

The Court Wizard - JOAT

Monster Mash

Jason Voorhees - Bulletproof...?

Moon Colony Bloodbath

Charlotte "Rosemary" Larson - Painter C

Pelicana Drama

Yiskah the Pilgram - Scout

Stargate SG-1

Teal'c of Chulak - Charging Vigilante

Wine in Front of All: Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun

Dramatic Bodyguard
Armorer
Roleblocker / Empowerer
Secret Santa Gavel A
Secret Santa Gavel B
Secret Santa Gavel C
Third Hand

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 30, 2022

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

The Draft Results
  1. Grandicap 5,2
  2. IggyMeen 5,4
  3. merk 1,1
  4. Voodoofly 1,1
  5. Toalpaz 1,1
  6. b-minus1 4,7
  7. PlaticAutomaton 4,2
  8. birdstrike 4,2
  9. dy 6,2
  10. Tammy 6,9
  11. Sandwolf 6,9
  12. Hal 2,1
  13. somber 2,6
  14. CirclMastr 2,2
  15. Maerlyn 2,2
  16. Amnistar 3,2
  17. siv 3,5
  18. bunnyofdoom 3,7
  19. SNG 3,7
  20. hambeet 3,7

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 30, 2022

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
This is clearly a prodigious game, and I would be happy to join such a prodigious observer's game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

God I hope I roll Sandwolf

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Sandwolf posted:

God I hope I roll Sandwolf

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

this is far enough in advance that I believe I'll be good to play. now I just have to find........... suitable submissions :bisonyes:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I want to try this wine in front of all

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play a WIFOA game.

This is not an unretirement post.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will play in this game, even if it breaks my no two games at once policy. This is a poor idea. So the foundation of mafia.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

What idiot wrote that horrendous OP?

I’ll have to join to shame that person

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sure I'll join.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The only thing I read in the OP was my name. I guess that means I’m playing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure I will play in this epic greatness.

Can’t believe I won a game last year!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

at first i felt disrespected being left off of this list but then i remembered i rolled town every single gsme last year. i remain retired.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have picked 1,1 in every WIFOA game. This is not some bluff.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

what a coincidence!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

If everyone picked 1,1 just think of all the tiebreaker crap that would cause. And since I don’t have to solve it we should make this happen.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Voodoofly posted:

If everyone picked 1,1 just think of all the tiebreaker crap that would cause. And since I don’t have to solve it we should make this happen.

Fine by me.

Actually I'm going to use lucky numbers, maybe I'll be the top All Star.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

:psyduck:

Oh what the hell

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Love the idea but I don't really enjoy doubleplaying. If you want to have a reserve sub on hand, feel free to sign me up for that. If not, I'll be the popcorn maker for the obschat :)

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sadly, I am going to have to pull out of this one. I have had a week-long meeting plonked into my diary from the 4th of April, so I would be missing almost all of D1.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

Sadly, I am going to have to pull out of this one. I have had a week-long meeting plonked into my diary from the 4th of April, so I would be missing almost all of D1.

What if we just give you a D1 pass tho

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ll play

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’ll play D1 and then Sci can take my spot

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

I’ll play D1 and then Sci can take my spot

The reverse Hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That’s a joke about you lurking day 1 and trying harder later in the game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Good lord I’m hilarious

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ha ha ha

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I would like to play

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I changed my username just so I could be next to merk when sorted alphabetically.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Tentative game schedule!

Signups close the 28th at 8PM EDT!

Town role submission deadline is the 29th at 8PM EDT! Earlier better in case I need to ask you to repick! At this time the roles will be posted!

Draft number submission deadline is the 30th at 8PM EDT! At this time the final draft order will be posted! Also at this time you learn your alignment!

Your picks for Primary and Secondary roles are due by the 31st at 8PM EDT!

D1 will begin at 12PM EDT on April 1!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well it’s been a while but I’m game! The sand clan shifts once more~

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Signing up. I had to drop.my game due tk cancer but guess what bitches ? I am better now!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bunnyofdoom posted:

Signing up. I had to drop.my game due tk cancer but guess what bitches ? I am better now!

wins the 2021 award for Most Improved Player

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
When Sandwolf calls, I will answer.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Grandicap posted:

I will play in this game, even if it breaks my no two games at once policy. This is a poor idea. So the foundation of mafia.

I generally only play one game per, like, year, and I'm already in NFTfia, so what could possibly go wrong?

Throw me in, chief!

I'm really sad that the insane role I wrote for master shake for a cyor was not in 2021. And neither was the vindictive paranoid gun owner lunch bomb from another game (MURRICA).