Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

new thread celebration!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

covid has caused "a statistic" amount of death in America

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

if something like TB made a resurgence how would we handle it?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Whoolighams posted:

Kinda getting to the point where if nothing is going to get better, why not give up and go about things like normal tbh

Rolling the dice every time, and the one time you hit snake eyes it equals either horrible ventilator death or long term disability.

Living life like it's 2019 is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

chairman daou has a wine label?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"sips of wine years ago" could have been when he was building the label

we rate this: plausible

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joevid is Cover

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1507090367551885316?s=20&t=V3YJxl8QR-PA8T7S68XPtQ

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

based on the way the title is formatted, i thought this was going to be his thoughts about the television show

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

timeless

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kylaer posted:

You got justifiably poo poo on for presenting the data in the most incomprehensible way imaginable.

See, I can tell this dude is actually a doctor, only doctors get this :smug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

tuyop posted:

I feel like this is really one of the only viable options and I guess I’m deeply terrified of it because where is the collectivism? how do I live and work in solidarity with people who actively want me to be maimed? what are we supposed to do with this poo poo?

In dark times, should the stars also go out?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

What the gently caress happened in Sweden

Open Andersson

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kylaer posted:

They've been coming to this thread asking for reassurance, encouragement, and advice for ages, and it's never enough. They're just as terrified as they were day one. They will never trust their respirator. Not even to step outside their own front door and sign for a package. And yet they keep complaining about it. If they said, okay, my life consists of the inside of my apartment now and I will never leave, so be it, that's their choice to make. But to keep bringing it up and asking for help and then ignoring it is wasting everyone's time. I replied sincerely to them multiple times in the past, encouraging them, and my time was wasted. I accomplished nothing, for me or for them. I will not waste any more time on them.

get over yourself

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joementum posted:

i have to do a rather extreme version of salt reduction (<= 1500mg a day) but it's surprisingly easy once you start tracking it and cut out the worst offenders. you miss it a lot the first couple months and then your palate adjusts. there are a lot more low/no salt products on the market now too.

funny, my mom has the opposite problem. hates salt, can't stand the taste, got told by the doctor that she needs more salt in her diet.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Posting the covid thread trailer for the new thread

https://vimeo.com/586612480

shout out to "we're enjoying ourselves" lady, skateboarder guy, and italian healthcare worked in PPE dancing in the square

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dog Case posted:

Plastic lasts forever. If i fill my brain with plastic it should also last forever

COVID can't infect plastic

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Saucer Hovers posted:

at least its more colorful up there, not just a bunch of dull gray

not until they step outside at least :v:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

thalweg posted:

I do believe that the biden admin has very deliberately calculated that covid must be over in the minds of the people in order for them to stand a chance at midterms. The changing cdc guidelines, removal of funds for testing etc, and messaging are not the result of stupidity imo. Because they are obsessed with optics, it's more important to them to convey that covid is over but not to actually do the things that would make it be really over, or at the very least under control.

vibes based strategy

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Real Mean Queen posted:

This is something I’ve been wondering about for a while now. People are loving insane now, more than I remember them being at any other point in my life. Just the other night I was hanging out outside my apartment and I saw heard some dude drifting around a corner in his car, whip down the street, and almost drift head first into another car that was just sitting at a stop sign. Dude then got out of his car, screamed at them a bit, drove off, and then came back around to threaten their life again. One of my neighbors has apparently been going around starting fights with various strangers. Another neighbor had his car broken into and spent the next month plus driving around the area all night looking for the guy who did it, who he did not have any information on.

That’s just a couple examples, obviously, and none is that outlandish taken on its own, but it’s the density that’s worrying me. I intentionally avoid others, and I’m still seeing a high quantity of absolutely insane behavior on a very regular basis. While there are a bunch of likely explanations (the economy is hosed, the future is hosed, the cops have been on strike for like two years, drugs, I live in a horrifying neighborhood, etc), I have to wonder if some of it might not be related to this extremely common, poorly understood disease that we know can do stuff to brains doing this stuff to brains. Every other thing that’s been totally not because of covid has turned out to totally be because of covid, why would this be different?

gently caress airborne AIDS

we got airborne schizophrenia! :unsmigghh:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1415414329290248194?s=20&t=f63HwJ7T-7z-GBJk9-uccQ

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

euphronius posted:

cases are up? deaths aren’t don’t worry .

deaths are up? cases are going down don’t worry .

round and round and round we go

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pingui posted:

What in the actual gently caress? *Let me just stand right next to the road, while cars are crashing around me, just yucking it up mesmerized by the burning trucks*

around 40 seconds in some dude almost gets totally hosed up but luckily the car hit his car in such a way that it didn't slam into him

crazy poo poo, crush car culture

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

we're now officially part of the counterculture

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tzen posted:

next level dick nosing

lmao

first pic in particular just loving lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

imagine the rabbit season duck season gif but with cases season deaths season

that is the world now

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

humans are gonna have nine lives, like cats, except "lives" = "covid infections" and there's no guarantee you're gonna even make it to 9

:rubby:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

whenever I see people still in cloth masks it just makes me think they've got the spirit but they're a lil confused which, tbh, I find relatable

yeah and honestly if literally everyone wore cloth masks it would help a lot compared to nothing at all, aka The American Special

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Why Am I So Tired posted:

They should have told people masks protect them and sold N95 kits. an aura paired with a MAGA cloth mask for the patriots and an aura paired with an "In this house" cloth mask for the crowd that loves science. Missed opportunity.

some Trump crony was trying his best to get Trump to endorse MAGA masks and if that had happened mask uptake in red states would have been so high

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

god, trump really hosed that up. imagine chuds being all smug about getting to wear their MAGA masks and when some lib gets upset they can say "hey, i'm wearing it to PROTECT YOU" :smuggo:

and he could have made a fortune selling official trump masks, can't even grift right. :sad:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it went against his primary directive tho: never ever ever admit you did anything wrong

true

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

He was the president who did most things right about COVID :shurg:

damning with faint praise here

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

my 2 boxes of Auras finally got shipped by R.S. Hughes. They told me it would be May, so that seems to be progress on masks being restocked.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

it's good he can keep a sense of humor about it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Was out driving and there was an old guy on a hill at a four way intersection who was stuck. People kept driving around him. I was afraid he was going to get rear ended so I stopped and helped him back his car onto a side street and called someone to come get him since his car was disabled and he was having a senior moment or some poo poo. Apparently people were just driving around this guy and no one stopped to help him.

You did your mitzvah for the day, nice job.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao

"honey, applebee's" "applebee's" slayed me

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The first time I went to spring training baseball in Florida, I saw the forecast for the day and thought "80 degrees? I don't wear sunscreen at home for that!" I got fuckin torched

Three hours in the Tampa Bay sun fuckin' wrecked me

yeah, it'll do that

on the plus side, you got plenty of vitamin D!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Louisgod posted:

just fuckin bring your food home, jesus christ

An impossible ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

*ned Flanders voice*

One Rave Concert please!