Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I predict that I will be infected with the roni before this thread is closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I got what I assume is BA.5, no prior infection. Pax on day three of symptoms, but my rebound is worse than the initial symptoms.

the pax made me feel relatively great, but the day after my last dose I started back up with fatigue, malaise, sore throat. my throat is so bad it feels like when I would get strep throat all the time as a kid (not as bad as when I had mono, at least). still have cough and congestion too on day 12 of symptoms, and expect that'll last for another week at least. I just want my sore throat to get better damnit.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

DarthRoblox posted:

What's the good word on Paxlovid rebound - worth it to try and get another round of treatment? I finally got got last Friday and started Paxlovid same day as symptoms. It seemed to clear things up and I tested negative for a few days before popping again today.

First time around I had a very sore throat and spiked up to a 102 fever within a few hours of starting to feel like crap, so far today I'm just a bit congested. The government is wonderfully unhelpful in this scenario with even vague guidance (ofc, they also think I shouldn't have gotten treatment in the first place since my symptoms were MILD), Pfizer thinks I should order another round today but I don't know if pharmacies or the phone-a-doctor sites would even approve a second round in non-hospitalization/non-Fauci cases.

you could try? but yeah I'm not sure if your doc or a pharmacist would be likely to prescribe it a second time, especially if your symptoms are ~~mild~~ right now. maybe try the site from the OP:
https://twitter.com/ToonyGoons/status/1524538401839628289

my rebound was worse than initial symptoms, it sucked poo poo. I just assumed that my doc would be reluctant to prescribe again. good luck.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

fresh produce that will last a month in cool, dark storage, but not a fridge:
onions
garlic
potatoes
hard squash like butternut, acorn, pumpkin
sweet potatoes

produce that will last up to a month (or at least a couple weeks, depending on how fresh they are when you buy them) in the fridge:
carrots
broccoli
beets
cabbage
brussels sprouts
turnips
parsnips
ginger
cauliflower
celery
radishes
apples
oranges
limes/lemons
flat leaf parsley (way more hardy than you'd think)

things really good for frozen: peas, corn, shelled edamame, green beans, spinach, pretty much all fruit

things good for canned: pineapple, mandarin oranges, corn, tomatoes

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

this was my favorite part of jungle jim's when I went in 2017

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

welp time to figure out how to use up all my FSA money lol

what pulse oximeters do people recommend? maybe I'll get a new thermometer too.

and I wonder if masks are eligible purchases :thunkher:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Trixie Hardcore posted:

They are!
https://www.connectyourcare.com/blog/covid-19-personal-protective-equipment-ppe-now-eligible-fsa-hsa-hra-reimbursement/

I don’t have a pulse ox or thermometer rec, I just have random $20 pulse ox I got off Amazon that’s still working fine three years on which makes me think most of them are about the same and my Omron thermometer kinda sucks.

wooo! I need to get more masks anyway, perfect.

I'll probably just go with a highly rated pulse ox off amazon for about that price too, can't hurt

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

what the crap is going on with paxlovid accessibility??

my mom tested pos yesterday (day 3 of symptoms) for the first time, and she's just running into all kinds of gatekeeping bullshit. her doc office said they have to figure out if she qualifies and will call her back if she does, but they didn't even ask about all her comorbidities. Walgreens wouldn't even talk to her about it, and so I sent her the CVS link in the op and that spit back a "Due to federal regulations, we are not able to provide paxlovid consultations to Medicaid or Medicare members." my mom sent me a screenshot and was like "I thought we were the most vulnerable?!?!"

I haven't kept up with the thread lately, so forgive me. is this all related to the public health emergency ending?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Soap Scum posted:

no, that's just doctors being assholes / has been happening since pax came out. if you want paxlovid, i can give you a script to get it from https://www.hidrb.com within four hours for either $15 or $0 if money is an issue. let me know. i would absolutely do it unless she's not safe to take paxlovid

I didn't remember anything about "due to federal regulations" medicare bullshit before, but the last time we had to get some was last summer right when pharmacists started being able to prescribe it. loving bullshit.

edit: she's on a decent amount of medications for other chronic pain and problems, so I'm more hesitant to just get it through dr b or somewhere, unfortunately. but thank you for the script and everything. I'm asking her if she wants the info

Crusty Nutsack has issued a correction as of 15:19 on Mar 24, 2023

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Soap Scum posted:

i'm halfway joking but also i've legit talked to doctors and pharmacists who relish denying paxlovid while also knowing it could kill and disable people. in the face of total abandonment you need to do the best you can on your own. i'm sorry this is happening to you though

that's so hosed up, and I don't understand it.

my mom actually wanted the site and info, she checked her drug interactions (she's good with health care things in general so I'm confident is she's confident, plus I double checked with the lists), and is doing Dr B right now

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

fosborb posted:

dude, I tried to go through telemedicine for paxlovid and even with all this thread knowledge the first NP tried to prescribe me ivermectin and the second tried to prescribe me vitamin C and D. took 3 tries to get anything clinically proven to do anything! poo poo is very hosed up

well she can't find her ID, as in she thinks she might have accidentally thrown it away, so Dr. B is a no-go lmao what the gently caress mom

a doctor called her back, and they won't prescribe pax because she's on daily Tramadol. they're delivering some other antiviral today, don't even know which one cause she said he said it too fast.

it's not ivermectin, she would know that one, at least lol

bullshit country we got here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

bedpan posted:

or a social security card or birth certificate?

those are good points, thanks guys. I'll mention that to her.

Soap Scum posted:

i loving hate this country

good luck to your mom =(

yeah, her doc is part of a huge medical institution so it's not surprising that they're very conservative. her symptoms are currently just a bad cold so hopefully it stays that way.

thank you to you and everyone else here, I love this thread and think it's one of the most helpful resources on the forum