Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

cr0y posted:

Do we think modernas kids shots are gonna be approved or nah

who? What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Stereotype posted:

tonight at midnight hawaii gets rid of the last statewide mask mandate in the nation

just in time too, they almost missed the start of the next wave.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

oh word?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Shiroc posted:

lol that my job says that tomorrow is the mandatory everybody should be in office day, just in time for the explosion.

I'm currently planning to handle it by ignoring them and hoping I get a different job before anyone notices.

the most you can hope for is the ones who made the call are the first hit

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

at what age is it dangerous to eat a whole bag of microwave popcorn

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

new variant? word? looks like I'll continue wearing my respirator as I have for the last number of years

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

it would be inadvisable for most 69 year olds

whew

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

let's play a new game: covid reinfection or palytoxin exposure from ur reef tank

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Platystemon posted:

New valveless EHMR was approved, the ElastoMaskPro.

NIOSH approval number is 9388

The only filter option is N95, though.

The straps don’t look comfortable, but they’re supposedly durable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnVOpp5nxHw

Mesmerizing.

why would you not just make it p100 lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

I don't think that'll work. The OV reacts to the oxygen in the air and I can't just simply vacuum seal a ziploc everytime in between uses.

You kinda can, slowly lower the ziploc slightly unzipped into a container of water to force the air out of the bag and then seal

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

covid? yea I'm thinkin I'll mask

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat bro he just sayin poo poo that's crazy 🤣

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Covid doesn't spread at home or work or school, just fyi.

wait.. what??

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

wrap it up cavers

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

1 million dead? yeah ok bro

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

yoloer420 posted:

Do you guys think increased risk of other conditions due to having had covid will stack?

Eg, infected once = 60% more likely to have cardiovascular issues

Infected twice = 120% more likely to have cardiovascular issues

If so, do you think the third infection will be 240% or 180% ???

yea the debuff stacks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

word?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

im thinking yeah, ill wear a mask

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

mask? I'm thinkin yeah

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat that's crazy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

bobtheconqueror posted:

So I've found that my constant reposting of thread info in other circles is getting a consistent response of: "But what do we do!?"

My advise has been: "Stay home when able, always wear a good (n95+) mask if not."

Then they ask: "Is that forever?"

Then I say: "Yes."

Usually the conversation from there goes into like theories of moral behavior and that this is only forever because of intentional government inaction. It SHOULD be on government to deal with an existential threat to its people, just like in a war or famine, or at least try. Our government's failure to do so is precisely what creates and continues the individual responsibility to mask and isolate.

I really do my best to avoid talking about the illegitimacy of a government that intentionally abandons its own people to the wolves, but that does occasionally come up.

Anyways, thanks thread for helping me stay as sane as possible in an insane world.

the conversation from there should just be u shrugging ur shoulders and going ok lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat.. that's crazy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Hit da bricks (under radar)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

might as well just continue remote cause the second u come in ur stuck

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

but as someone who wears a respirator 8 hours a day just eat and drink outside or in ur car ez

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

oh, COVID? Yeah I'll mask.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

new variant? I'm thinkin I'll mask

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

loading... posted:

seriously get this loving covid fatalism out of here.

there will be people who never get COVID and I intend to be one of them.

how

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

never say never u know what im sayin

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

new COVID? mask lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

What do people think of this study

https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/mSphere.00637-20

Claims only 90% effectiveness at blocking covid particles for n95s. Are they just using huge concentrations of virus?

just wear an elastomeric ez

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Pohl posted:

I can't take anymore, I should probably go to bed

just wear an elastomeric and live ur life it's the best you can do at this point

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

lol remember what genuine good news felt like cause i don't bitch

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the respirator screed continues to ring true

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

it's all good, relax, only more than a million have died it's not that bad

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

covid wave?? Word, I'll mask

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

yeah I'm thinking I'll mask

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat covid and no abortion guess loving is off the tablr officially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

oh word