Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Hippocrass posted:

Some people just can't handle how mature Flayn is for her age.

She is maturing at a rapid pace, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:
Lecture 078 - So you think you can dance

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Manuella Casagranda?

Her name is Hand Bighouse?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bernie hopes to continue mastering long-range archery until she can just fight battles from her dorm room.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Stop being mean to Hanneman!

I also agree with Minifoo; that dance competition was awful to behold.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
They should have danced with each other. Three people, three pairings. Full exhibition of technique and pairwise comparisons.

Or y'know what Kuvo said about having two people from each house be selected to show off that house's dancing ability.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Or they could have animated a dance that isn't clearly for two people.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Tenebrais posted:

Or they could have animated a dance that isn't clearly for two people.

That part is really weird. In Awakening, Olivia just sort of twirls in place a bunch, and it's clearly a solo act.

Then again, now I have this idea: you restore someone's action not by dancing near them and inspiring them, but by dancing with them and energizing them. A dance with a partner would make sense then.

Need Ferdinand to attack again, or reposition farther than he normally can? Sylvain runs up, Ferdie dismounts, the two dance, Ferdie remounts and is ready to go.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Vavrek posted:

That part is really weird. In Awakening, Olivia just sort of twirls in place a bunch, and it's clearly a solo act.

Then again, now I have this idea: you restore someone's action not by dancing near them and inspiring them, but by dancing with them and energizing them. A dance with a partner would make sense then.

Need Ferdinand to attack again, or reposition farther than he normally can? Sylvain runs up, Ferdie dismounts, the two dance, Ferdie remounts and is ready to go.
Ferdinand dismounting to dance is a big assumption to make

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Yeah, you think the only move that horse has is dodging?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ferds horse is master of the samba

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh poo poo, hell of a new year's episode

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

AMAZING as it may sound; DEFENDING yourself from mercenaries could be the FIRST STEP to an exciting and lucrative career!!! Thousands who live underneath the sacred monastery say their PASSION for the Church of Seiros is what drew them to their JOBS! Save time and MONEY on your ONLINE college degree!

THEABYSS.BIZ is home to Garreg Mach's Online Ashen Wolves Rites Development program, designed to PROVIDE students with the ability to apply core KNOWLEGE of BLOOD SACRIFICES to piety through a curriculum that emphasizes religious fealty. YOUR life, YOUR work, YOUR MERCENARY EXPERENCES could help you graduate FASTER! For LESS!

CHOOSE from a wide variety of college courses, certifications, and professional development seminars designed FROM THE GROUND UP to work with your lifestyle!

FAQ
Q: Is Garreg Mach's Online Ashen Wolves Rites Development Program an accredited university?
A: We are absolutely, very certainly, for real, associated with Garreg Mach, and their learning program!

Q: What resources are available to help me develop a financial plan to pay for my education?
A: Bring whatever you have! Gold, real estate titles, holy relics, whatever! We'll work with you to get YOU the education YOU NEED!!

Q: How long will it take to complete my degree?
A: Completion time differs based on the program you choose but you can earn a LEGITIMATE ASSOCIATES DEGREE in as little as SIX MONTHS!

Q: How do I get started?
A: Don't enroll in just any Officers Academy house! For more information on the ASHEN WOLVES, send a carrier owl WITH CASH to Seteth's desk at Garreg Mach's enrollment office today!

ONLINE LECTURE 079 - The 420 Club
ONLINE LECTURE 080 - Sewer adventures
ONLINE LECTURE 081 - Abyss Questions
ONLINE LECTURE 082 - Thunderdome
ONLINE LECTURE 083 - Jom
ONLINE LECTURE 084 - Marcelle and Simone
ONLINE LECTURE 085 - Golem Under the Bridge
ONLINE LECTURE 086 - Vibing Your Way Out of Danger
ONLINE LECTURE 087 - Read the room lady
ONLINE LECTURE 088 - Uh oh!
ONLINE LECTURE 089 - Ok, that was a weird analogy
ONLINE LECTURE 090 - You have to at least have condoms, right?
ONLINE LECTURE 091 - Sigh servant
ONLINE LECTURE 092 - That lady looks real dead, pal.
ONLINE LECTURE 093 - Confused bird metaphors
ONLINE LECTURE 094 - Weird mom desires
ONLINE LECTURE 095 - THEND

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 3, 2023

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The whiplash from seeing the ocean apostles cute little tent to the entire rest of the episode was painful.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Considering how you have been absolutely blazing through the game thanks to playing on normal, I wonder how much of a wall the later missions of the DLC will be.

Seeing m!byleth felt like a jumpscare when I noticed him but "Bruh" is a top-tier name.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is not what I was expecting from describing them as sewer kids.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Surely they are the most powerful of all of they can get a couple dozen flying horses to live and fight underground. The boring normies above can barely get a horse to fly during practice at all :jerkbag:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

This is not what I was expecting from describing them as sewer kids.

They look far too clean.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I can personally speak to this incredible new learning opportunity: for a fraction of the tuition cost that would have been required to attend the Officer's Academy, I got my degree at GMM Technical Institute and walked straight out of graduation into a bandit highly respectable mercenary job that not only has a 60K Gold salary, but opportunities for additional compensation on every project I'm assigned to! If you're a non-noble, non-crest bearing individual light on cash, you absolutely cannot afford to pass this up!!!

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares
What I wouldn't give to have been able to bring our Lysithea along so she could see Balthus in action and have her eureka moment.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

INTSYS knew what would sell dlc, and it was a punch class for girls

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I respect this dedication to Lysithea's punching journey.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Punching: For Her

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We all know the real reason is that you just wanted screen time for your sewer children.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

This dlc is great because it goes "yay, women get a punch class. And then shows Hubert this shiny new class that rides a Pegasus and casts magic.

....and then says girls only.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

FoolyCharged posted:

This dlc is great because it goes "yay, women get a punch class. And then shows Hubert this shiny new class that rides a Pegasus and casts magic.

....and then says girls only.

Poor Hubert, doomed to never realize his dreams.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Of all the fremblems, this may be the one where gender locked classes makes the least sense. You take the effort to animate women punching and then locked them out of the punch class? Why?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Nihilarian posted:

Of all the fremblems, this may be the one where gender locked classes makes the least sense. You take the effort to animate women punching and then locked them out of the punch class? Why?

There's actually an enemy female hero in 1 of the maps near the end of the game, which implies that classes WEREN'T genderlocked at one point. So the choice to do so is even more baffling.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

There's actually an enemy female hero in 1 of the maps near the end of the game, which implies that classes WEREN'T genderlocked at one point. So the choice to do so is even more baffling.

Maybe they ran out of time to decide on final designs for some classes?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kuvosa/status/1610037314138562560

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

:frogsiren:
ONLINE LECTURE 080 - Sewer adventures

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Hilda is my favorite character and she has the best death quote of any Fire Emblem game ever made.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Hil-da! Hil-da! HIL-DA! I'm so glad y'all are covering the DLC :3:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Hilda is one of my favorite characters, a lot of her supports center around conning other characters into doing stuff for her. Her supports with Ferdi are particularly funny in this regard.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Hilda's A support with Caspar is one of the funniest in the game.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's such a shame Hilda can't be recruited. Especially since the only reason is that the Golden Deer needed someone equivalent to Hubert and Dedue, who are both far too loyal to their monarchs to leave.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Tenebrais posted:

It's such a shame Hilda can't be recruited. Especially since the only reason is that the Golden Deer needed someone equivalent to Hubert and Dedue, who are both far too loyal to their monarchs to leave.

Hilda can be recruited.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Yep, as far as I know if lost items appear for someone and you can return them, they’re recruitable.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hilda is weird because she can only be recruited on a singular path and it's the least likely one to be picked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
She can be recruited on two paths, it's just that for some reason she can't be recruited on the third.