Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

dr_rat posted:

I will make a serious and heartfelt defense of any state or territory other than NSW.

Cos gently caress it, it's NSW mate. Everyone knows it garbage.

Everything north of the Yarra River is not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

TammyHEH posted:

The meltdown continues

Me: calm, collected, moisturised, in my lane, warm

Victorians: privatised, broke, corrupt, freezing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This is why Labor are allowed to do whatever they want and financially responsible parties have no parliamentary presence

https://twitter.com/msanto92/status/1549578407377502209?s=20

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

TammyHEH posted:

Everything north of the Yarra River is not good

Way to misspell Bass Strait

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I would never want to actually live in Sydney unless I was sufficiently wealthy to not have to commute to work each day or worry about cost of living; but I must insist it and the surrounding regions are very lovely to visit for a few weeks a year. The Sydney food scene is unsurpassed with respect to authentic cuisine of various ethnicities (especially middle eastern and Afghan - this is where other cities lag the most) and they have the country’s best gelato place. Plus it’s surrounded by lovely national parks; the Jenolan caves are spectacular. I love the Hunter valley and you also have the Canberra district wine region. Orange is nice too.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Sorry to bring back cash chat but I just found fifty bucks on the ground so I'd like to add that to the list of reasons not to abolish cash.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Sorry to bring back cash chat but I just found fifty bucks on the ground so I'd like to add that to the list of reasons not to abolish cash.

Banks have been reducing the amount of ATMs for years too which doesn't help. It's not ultra convenient for me to carry around my fat wads of consulting cash but I wish it was easier to find an ATM so I can pull out some fun money to buy another watch/camera.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

It’s Brisbane again. That’s the Victoria Bridge, it was once the main bridge connecting the CBD to the inner south, until they closed it to cars a year ago. Now it’s busses, bikes, pedestrians and the upcoming new light rail service.

Please don't reward the cowardice of half assed trolley car trams as "light rail".

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Recoome posted:

Banks have been reducing the amount of ATMs for years too which doesn't help. It's not ultra convenient for me to carry around my fat wads of consulting cash but I wish it was easier to find an ATM so I can pull out some fun money to buy another watch/camera.

Yeah and deposit ATMs are even rarer.

I do know that for the few hours the actual bank branches are open a week there's a queue of olds out the door still.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

trunkh posted:

Please don't reward the cowardice of half assed trolley car trams as "light rail".

gently caress I almost did a coffee spit at this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn't think Victoria bridge was going to handle the nu-trams anyway was it? Wasn't it Roma street to west end through to Woolloongabba? I dunno I catch the normal train

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I didn't think Victoria bridge was going to handle the nu-trams anyway was it? Wasn't it Roma street to west end through to Woolloongabba? I dunno I catch the normal train

Wait are they putting the "metro" busses on the Riverside Expressway? I know the new busses are supposed to go around King George Square as they are doing a shitload of work there presently so lol if true.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Australian cities have a really proud tradition of taking beautiful waterways and then using expressways to separate them from the city areas.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Recoome posted:

Wait are they putting the "metro" busses on the Riverside Expressway? I know the new busses are supposed to go around King George Square as they are doing a shitload of work there presently so lol if true.

No, I thought they were using the go between but they are using Victoria bridge apparently and just going from Roma street to king George square

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
There’s two seperate but interlinking projects - the Brisbane metro and the cross river rail. I always get confused as to which does what.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

Me: calm, collected, moisturised, in my lane, warm

Victorians: privatised, broke, corrupt, freezing

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

bell jar posted:

Recoome vs the state of Victoria

who will win :munch:

whoever's selling the popcorn

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

oh yeah? name one thing as beautiful as the Inner City Bypass. Yeah I didn't think you could

https://youtu.be/37j1IQTq080?t=3236

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

TISM are from Melbourne.

Can you do better than that rest-of-Australia?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

TISM are from Melbourne.

who the gently caress is TISM

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

who the gently caress is TISM

Bunch of wankers.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I've given up on following the new brisbane transit stuff, but is the new light rail the one that is actually just a bus?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

nah, it's a minivan with a roof-rack

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lmao i had to look TISM up on google, loving hell bunch of goons ITT are old

TISM was like 50 years ago, it's time to move on

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

BrigadierSensible posted:

TISM are from Melbourne.

Tasmania begat David Boon and Ricky Ponting.

Also, we have the Axeman's Hall of Fame.

Oh, and the person who does Megg, Mogg and Owl. Though they left for some reason.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The virgin recoomer vs the Chad ron "Hitler" barassi

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
used to be the cool kids liked TISM

now the cool kids have 'tism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav