Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
April Fools!!!!

Games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Switch Sports is out at the end of April.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pocky and Rocky (and Ame-no-Uzume and Ikazuchi and Hotaru Gozen)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I refuse to acknowledge the heretical month, it's March 32nd.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I'm more of an April Hanged Man, myself :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello Fellow Gamers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

Hello Fellow Gamers

Ah the world's first portable console

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know your favorite videogame? The one you really like? Well get this: its good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barudak posted:

You know your favorite videogame? The one you really like? Well get this: its good

But but but it's April's Fools so if you're saying it's good you really think it's bad but then we all know you're wrong about video games so that means it's actually good :hai:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy friday

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
3:10 to skooma

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Rarity is a skilled and beloved poster

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

Rarity is a skilled and beloved poster

Thank you :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played some more of the new Kirby last night. The shine has worn off and I do not think it is very good.

No stamina bar so you can spam moves, small ability choice, some hats look so bad it is like they copy and pasted using MS Paint, janky movement where you miss everything, overly generous time limits on the challenges so you can beat them with your eyes closed.

Shame.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
VG no...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Played some more of the new Kirby last night. The shine has worn off and I do not think it is very good.

No stamina bar so you can spam moves, small ability choice, some hats look so bad it is like they copy and pasted using MS Paint, janky movement where you miss everything, overly generous time limits on the challenges so you can beat them with your eyes closed.

Shame.
Radahn has truly scourged thee.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

:v:

(these next 24 hours... a dark day for gamers)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

FirstAidKite posted:

Happy friday

sitting here with a scotch after a hard days work, ready to play some videogames

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

No stamina bar

VG has been Eldenpilled :(

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

sitting here with a scotch after a hard days work, ready to play some videogames

and then realizing it's too much effort so i zone out and watch some streams instead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad VG finally learned to hate

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

"And VG Radahn wept, for there was nothing left to conquer"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tithin posted:

and then realizing it's too much effort so i zone out and watch some streams instead

Hell yeah stream watching

I'm watching these challenge videos I stumbled across where it's stuff like "beating bloodborne with gun only" and "completing skyrim thieves guild quests without stealing and committing as few crimes as possible" and they're silly but fun watches.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ymfah/videos

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

nooo I lost my chance to stick/unstick...

My failure to realise March had 30 days last thread is back to bite me

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I must confess. It is just a silly April Fools. :shobon:

New Kirby is just wonderful. Sorry. I thought it would be the most ridiculous thing I could say considering I love having the little guy in my avatar and the game just whips. (Not only is the UI for moving between worlds one of the slickest - I love the animations) but the levels are fun to blitz through and even more fun to return to do the little challenges. And the challenges are not incredibly tough but will make you think. The boss ones are fun to do (especially the no hit one) and Kirby apparently has a great 3D engine that my depth perception issues do not interfere with. I am hitting things with my abilities, landing where I jumped. I have nearly finished it and I think it is level with Elden and FFVIII this year so far.

Phew. That previous post felt SO wrong.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

VideoGames posted:

Shame.

A-a-april fools...?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

New Kirby is just wonderful. Sorry. I thought it would be the most ridiculous thing I could say considering I love having the little guy in my avatar and the game just whips. (Not only is the UI for moving between worlds one of the slickest - I love the animations) but the levels are fun to blitz through and even more fun to return to do the little challenges. And the challenges are not incredibly tough but will make you think. The boss ones are fun to do (especially the no hit one) and Kirby apparently has a great 3D engine that my depth perception issues do not interfere with. I am hitting things with my abilities, landing where I jumped. I have nearly finished it and I think it is level with Elden and FFVIII this year so far.

I'm shocked

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

VideoGames posted:

I think it is level with Elden and FFVIII this year so far.
Why the gently caress would putting up with Squall for 80+ hours be equivalent to Kirby and Elden Ring? I cannot let this slide. :colbert:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ff8 is better than elden ring

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
and if you're spending 80 hours in ff8 I recommend learning to read faster

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

After 95 hours I've decided Elden Ring is actually the worst game of the year, not the best. :smugdog:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

and if you're spending 80 hours in ff8 I recommend learning to read faster

some of you out there spend entirely too long on jrpg playthroughs and i worry about you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Why the gently caress would putting up with Squall for 80+ hours be equivalent to Kirby and Elden Ring?

What were your experiences like that they colored your opinion this way

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Grouchio posted:

Why the gently caress would putting up with Squall for 80+ hours be equivalent to Kirby and Elden Ring? I cannot let this slide. :colbert:

Oh man. OK I loved FFVIII. I mean really loved it. I have been playing older games and classic games loved by these forums the last year and a bit because I have missed so much, and last year I finally started to play RPGs. FFVIIremake was my GOTY 2021 and FFVII original was 3rd place.

I itched for more and more and decided this year I was going to play FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and FFX2 each quarter (along with the MGS series) and I started the year off with FFVIII and it was everything I wanted and more. The story is actually bonkers but the kind of bonkers I can get behind. Squall is 17 and a child soldier thrust into some seriously heavy stuff. I can forgive him for being a teenager because he talks and acts just like one. The plot he is made to take part in is a time compression wild ride to prevent the destruction of all life.

FFVIII was NOT a rehash of FFVII. And considering how popular FFVII was, making a sequel that is completely different and on its own terms doing what it wants will always get huge bonus points from me because they avoided doing the easy thing. Just like how I prefer Dark Souls II to Dark Souls because it does similar.

The music was not as memorable as FFVII but the mechanics are my most favourite. Drawing magic, making cards, refining and junctioning - you can become a POWERHOUSE and it is fun to play with it.

Plus Triple Triad. Godlike. :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh I get it it's another April Fool's

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've been really struggling to get through cold steel 4, and cold steel in general, it just doesnt have the magic of TITS imo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tits are pretty magical

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Idk if you ever saw it but there was an interview where they mentioned specifically programming the game so that there’s built in leniency based on your camera angle wrt landing after flying and attacks so that probably helps.

Also that was a terrible April Fool’s post Veeg. Phenomenal Halloween post, but terrible April post.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My current rankings:

1- Elden Ring
2- FFVIII
3- Kirby and the Forgotten World
4- Metroid Dread
5- Metal Gear Solid
6- Aperture Desk Job

Still to play this year (just off the top of my head, there are more than this):
FFIX. FFX. FFX2. MGS2. MGS3. MGS4. MGSRising. Horizon Forbidden West. Chronotrigger. Dishonoured. Kentucky Route Zero.

It could all change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Last Celebration posted:

Also that was a terrible April Fool’s post Veeg. Phenomenal Halloween post, but terrible April post.

It should have at least been a little believable :rolleyes: