Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you have an X percentage chance to pickpocket an enemy/pick a lock/pass a speech check then the player always effectively has a 100% chance to succeed if they spend enough time reloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Pwnstar posted:

If you have an X percentage chance to pickpocket an enemy/pick a lock/pass a speech check then the player always effectively has a 100% chance to succeed if they spend enough time reloading.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

everyone please note that Kirkhope put out a "Banjo-Kazooie Rejiggied" album on major streaming services for us to all enjoy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Freezeezy Peak is by far the best christmas song ever written

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It's May what are we still doing here.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah it really is weird how little buzz it's been getting for a game that's sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam. I think a lot of is, like I said, it's hard to put into words exactly *why* it's better than the first because while there are a ton of improvements, they're all pretty incremental.

But yeah right now it's the game that I feel the strongest draw to go back to, by far.

It's been a long time since I played the first Rogue Legacy, but they've done a really good job of evolving that formula while also integrating new systems based on recent advancements in the genre. It's a fine line but after 10 hours I feel they've really nailed it. There are a LOT of things to grind here if you really want to, and it kind of hits the same part of my brain that idle clickers do but with an actual game attached.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

May isn't real

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

As implemented, a lot of the unlucky path just makes the game more tedious, though. Near the beginning of Fallout 3, there's a quest involving the giant fire ants which breathe fire in which there's a charisma roll for a key to a weapons cache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

please go to the new chat thread, "games" https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000733