Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

"Oh sweet, Traveler's Tales! So I can make Lego games?"

"No"

"Oh."

"Can't wait for a new Arkham game from Rocksteady!"
"Nope!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also like who the gently caress else is gonna make a Mortal Kombat if not the studio literally named after it whose express intent of founding was to make Mortal Kombat

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Since they'd be looking to license their proprieties anyway, maybe they'll offer a package deal for anyone buying.

They did before, but theyre not in perpetuity and only cover games (and might come with other caveats like they reserve the right to make mobile games still as rumored last time) so you're just acquiring employees of which there are other better buys on the table as everyone else showed last time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The way Higurashi intersperses it's TIPS is incredibly aggravating.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/BeingKansai/status/1519914007104135168?s=20&t=l7h8PkijoOC369jEBlUnzQ

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yakuza 8 looking good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Team Cherry are waiting for me, specifically, to play Hollow Knight before they release Silksong so you can expect it to be out in 2035

Jerusalem posted:

We do however find him guilty of staring at his hands and saying,"What have I become?" afterwards

I didn't know you were Johnny Gargano :thunkher:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

I didn't know you were Johnny Gargano :thunkher:

Well, it's true that Vince McMahon doesn't know I exist....

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played four more hours of FFIX last night.

I thought this was a pretty chill, relaxed adventure.

OH how I was incorrect.

Brahne commiting wanton war crimes with glee on their face. Yikesaroo. Everything has changed.

Also it seems like FFIX has the smallest 'main cast' if that makes sense. Only six people so that part is nice and cosy.

I did not want to stop where I did but man I was so shattered from work this week. If I could just have the life without the work thing, that would be neat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Played four more hours of FFIX last night.

I thought this was a pretty chill, relaxed adventure.

OH how I was incorrect.

:unsmigghh:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Trying to think who my favourite character from each FF I have played are. Would probably go:

FFVII- Tifa
FFVIIremake - Aerith
FFVIII - Quistis
FFIX - Steiner (but Freya, Vivi and Quina are very close and Dagger and Zidane not that far behind.)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

atomos

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Yes. This was a horrifying moment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very rude of VG to eat an entire city imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

in some ways atomos is the kirby of the ff universe

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Some Front Mission mobile concept art

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

WaltherFeng posted:

Some Front Mission mobile concept art

I'm the pickup driver who thought he was going to successfully merge

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I did not want to stop where I did but man I was so shattered from work this week. If I could just have the life without the work thing, that would be neat.

iirc that’s actually the Disc 1 stopping point so it’s a good place to end a gaming sesh (if we all agree that discs are a little like “acts”, from a play)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

iirc that’s actually the Disc 1 stopping point so it’s a good place to end a gaming sesh (if we all agree that discs are a little like “acts”, from a play)

The Disc 1 stopping point is after you get your rear end whupped in Burmecia. VG's about to hit the second continent so just over half through Disc 2

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

VideoGames posted:

Trying to think who my favourite character from each FF I have played are. Would probably go:

FFVII- Tifa
FFVIIremake - Aerith
FFVIII - Quistis
FFIX - Steiner (but Freya, Vivi and Quina are very close and Dagger and Zidane not that far behind.)

FF1: a fighter named BUTTS
FF2: No one has ever played this game
FF3: onion knight I guess?
FF4: Kain, edgelord and Dragoon, the objectively coolest class
FF5: Faris, the crossdressing pirate, or the main character if you're playing the fan translation that named him Buttz
FF6: Edgar, on account of that drill of his that is never not useful.
FF7: Jessie
FF7R: Jessie
FF8: Quistis
FF9: Vivi! I mean come on.
FF10: Auron, the cool edgy uncle
FF11: the character YOU created
FF12: the bunny lady with the weird accent
FF13: uhm, Aussie lady with the spear I guess
FF14: MY character
FF15: uuuuuhhh ... the anime guy with the glasses that did the cooking

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Everyone wants to talk about the best FF characters but no one ever talks about the worst FF characters

FF1: The sage that you have to dick around with to get to the rest of the Earth Cave
FF2: Gordon
FF3: The bullshit final boss that hasn't been hinted at once over the course of the game
FF4: Rosa
FF5: Buttz's Mum
FF6: Sabin cause my emulator wouldn't accept his Blitz commands so I couldn't go past his tutorial fight
FF7: Aerith
FF7R: Aerith
FF8: Squall
FF9: It's impossible, there aren't any
FF10: Wakka
FF10-2: BROTHER
FF11: The tutorial quest guy
FF12: Vaan
FF13: Hope
FF14: You. Yeah you heard me. You
FF15: Prompto

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

FF7R: Aerith

This damages me.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Rarity posted:

Everyone wants to talk about the best FF characters but no one ever talks about the worst FF characters

FF14: You. Yeah you heard me. You

drat Rarity, no need to be so harsh on yourself.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's only one bad FF8 character and his name is Irvine Kinneas

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

This damages me.

I haven't seen a single second of the FF7 remake :ssh:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Why would you hate on a character that doesn't even exist in FF7, is she a knockoff version of Aeris

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its hard picking a least favorite FF character but Eiko is an insta-lock top 5 worst for me while I'd have to ponder the rest and give them some fair shakes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If we're going with main characters and not just main party members then Brother from FF10/10-2 is pretty up there yeah. Though in FF9 I'm not a fan of Beatrix either but that's just because she gets away with genocide and never faces any consequences for her actions whatsoever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FirstAidKite posted:

If we're going with main characters and not just main party members then Brother from FF10/10-2 is pretty up there yeah. Though in FF9 I'm not a fan of Beatrix either but that's just because she gets away with genocide and never faces any consequences for her actions whatsoever.

Look she felt really bad about it, ok?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Both of these are rock solid choices, imo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why isn't there like a Final Fantasy Monster Hunter or Pokemon? the monster designs are by far more consistently cool and interesting compared to whatever dingalings you got running around as playable characters. the ideal final fantasy game you play as the monsters slaying and eating adventurers. im playing as hell house mostly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

why isn't there like a Final Fantasy Monster Hunter or Pokemon? the monster designs are by far more consistently cool and interesting compared to whatever dingalings you got running around as playable characters. the ideal final fantasy game you play as the monsters slaying and eating adventurers. im playing as hell house mostly

Someone's never heard about World of Final Fantasy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
steams mixed reviews are spooking me off, but glad it was made and now i know

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There was a FF Monster Hunter type thing on 3DS called Final Fantasy Explorers but it was apparently not very good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There is also a pseudo-Monster Hunter FF game called Final Fantasy Explorers, on the 3DS. I haven't played it but I have heard that it's not great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's plenty in Dragon Quest.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Rogue Legacy 2 is real good y'all. I've been trying to think of how to package up my thoughts so far (about 6-7 hours in) without it just sounding like I'm describing the first game...But the thing is the first game owned and the second does for a lot of the same (and more) reasons.

Suffice it to say, if you're a rogue-like fan you need to check it out. It's got that perfect pacing of teasing out secrets and unlocks and each class has a lot of meat to it once you start exploring their individual strengths.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

Someone's never heard about World of Final Fantasy

I should play WOFF, also maybe I should get the DLC with the FF14 content in it lol, maybe playing with the Japanese voice acting will make that one character less unbearable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Glad to hear Rogue Legacy 2 is good, I really liked the first one and felt like no one talked about the sequel in Early Access