Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Welcome to the resistance, you lanyard gently caress. Now have a kid with diabetes. I dare you.

As someone who was a kid with diabetes please don't, that poo poo sucks and is one of several reasons why I'm not planning to have kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lots of their voters are lardasses who gave themselves type 2 badly enough to need insulin as well so that seems self defeating but what do I know.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao I wonder how much of a bailout they're going to get from the US government "to support their floundering business after leaving Russia."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

ONLY NEWSPEAK IS ALLOWED.

Oh, and to share with the rest of the class since I already shared it with the DC Goon Slack - maybe consider getting dashcams, folks, I'm glad I bought one when this happened to me: https://www.reddit.com/r/nova/comments/tv4oth/you_know_how_when_youre_driving_late_at_night_you/

Glad you're okay!

If that poo poo ever happens again don't gently caress around with spy stuff to see if you're being followed, just go to the nearest fire station or police station and park in front of it. Unless you think that your pursuers are specifically out to get you regardless of the cost to themselves, in which case you're living in a TV show and at the mercy of the writers' room. Hospitals work too but as the you discovered sometimes they have a lot going on.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

For what it's worth, this court case is basically over. 12 other district courts told the antivaxxers to gently caress off, then they judge-shopped and got a Trumper. This poo poo's over unless the Supreme Court decides to do something and that's unlikely, since they ruled for Biden in the SEAL case.

Now getting the leaders to start firing people is a different story :v:

The Holman Rule got turned back on in 2017, so Congress could just zero out their salaries. That's the theory anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

This morning, to wake myself up, I read about Poison Pills because that's basically where this nonsense is all headed:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/poisonpill.asp

Unless just Elon retreats into the lift of a significant shareholding shitposter, the Twitter board probably needs to pass some poo poo to ward off an Elon Musk hostile takeover. The Twitter Market Cap is ~38B, and Elon's worth ~274B, so he very well could try to buy enough stock to get 50%+1. Then again, the SEC would likely *again* have a word about that kind of thing.

Or Elon's about to dump the poo poo at a mild gain for the lulz.

The SEC hasn't done anything to muskman yet and they're not about to start now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

gently caress!

Right, but they’re covered by DoD regs that basically extended the act to them. And thank god for that imagine if the President could freely deploy Marines for LEO work (or the navy for carrier based support lol).

This all took me down a rabbit hole to the weird State Defense Forces (the militia) and how they are solely under the control of the Governor/state. I’m kind of shocked that some southern governors aren’t trying to create ones stacked with MAGA lunatics (granted they always have the police though) as their own private military force.

They aren't trying to make them because they already have them, I expect.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

I also read that DevGru had a team of guys in the Capitol on 1/6

I could totally believe members of devgru were inside the Capitol building that day. Maybe not in an official capacity.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Wasn't one of those stolen last year, too? Similar incident, stolen in a vehicle, iirc.

Or is this one of those moments like when I thought Linda Moulton Howe (Ancient Aliens old lady) died of covid in 2020?

There was a truck in Mexico with a cobalt-60 medical source that got stolen when it stopped at a gas station in 2013.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

yes, it took me a while to find the right search terms to find that .gif.

I wonder if the actress that was little red riding hood there knows of her meme status.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

That's the weakest kind of light. Only soyboy cucks would use some poo poo like bitch-rear end infrared. I on the other hand use UV (red light for REAL MEN) and some ionizing radation like a real man who does badass akido like my personal hero Steven Seagall. I give my dick at least 2 Sv and I can use my dick like a night light unlike beta male coastal elites.

UV-C or get the gently caress out, loser.

lmao holy poo poo i missed these completely

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

It's been on the books in SC for over 70 years already, we just need the selective enforcement to pick up.

A lot of states have similar statutes that were suspended due to emergency but as soon as all the Diet Trump governors start calling the emergencies over they'll come back in force.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao the newest nuclear plant in the US took 43 years from groundbreaking to power generation, there's no way we'll see more nuclear here in our lifetimes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

We likely will. SMRs are huge right now, and if Votgle's lessons are carried forward, we can likely speed up.

Its not that we can't do it, we can.

The technology has never been what was stopping the United States from building more civilian nuclear power.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

HOLY poo poo THE MEXICAN PIZZA IS BACK MAY 19th!!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sexually harassing a report while she's driving his drunk rear end home from a party because he was too wasted turned about as well as you'd expect for this Air Force general: https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/23/politics/air-force-general-officer-conviction/index.html

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

He's in the top loving leadership position in the Senate while literal actual fascists are trying to take over the government and he's a bowl of warm oatmeal. Get him in a real loving woodchipper so someone with a spine and actual liberal principles can take the spot.

I'm still surprised Moscow Mitch didn't manage to convince him that the pubbies still had control of the senate after the last election.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

man it's almost as if there's legislation that the democratic president and congress could work on to benefit the lives of all americans but I'm pretty sure I imagined that in a fever dream

gently caress that, election's in the fall so you gotta go fundraise!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This dude has a podcast entirely based on how much he hates old Nick at Nite reruns.

He used to post here and was part of the front page Current Releases movie review group for a few years. They then went offsite as Front Row Central for a while before that folded.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The few. The proud.

slightly fewer now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I think I'd rather engage in a land war in Asia than fight over Mecca.

You'd be doing both simultaneously.