Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Pakistan-Japan-Europe-US vs India-China-Russia maybe?

There's no way India sides with China if push comes to shove, China is a clear and present danger in India's backyard, and there are ongoing hostilities.

If you just mean India continues to toe the line and align with whoever is convenient in policy issues and whatnot, then yeah, they'll continue to hedge their bets between the Western and Eastern powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

It is sergeants major. Major modifies sergeant. They are NCOs. Same with Sergeants First Class. And Privates First Class (you shorten it to “privates” rather than “classes” or “first classes”).

Where it goes different is people saying the acronym. Everyone says “PFCs” not “PsFC” when speaking the acronym.

Also courts martial. And Brothers Grimm.

But the wrong version is spoken often enough that no one really calls it out unless in formal setting like writing a script for a ceremony or something.

And years past as in “The mill stopped operations due to a mechanical failure several years past” rather than “several year pasts.”

What about for the Navy, Pettys Officer?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don't think it's surprising that they didn't include the Space Force when writing a law in 1878.

The Navy and Marines aren't subject to it either

Posse Comitatus is a huge deal in terms of preserving Democracy in the US.

Fortunately from what I've seen, the act's fundamental tenants are pretty well adhered to by the JCOS, even in the wake of Trump trying to violate the act back in 2020.

I'll take that as a silver lining to the general clouds of right wing militias and National Guard regiments controlled by right wing governers.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

The ammo companies have figured out that they can keep production steady and fleece buyers every time a Dem gets elected too, rather than increasing production to meet demand, Winchester's profits quintupled to $120M last quarter, for example.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Babcock & Wilcox's reactor designs have always sucked massive rear end anyways.

The AP1000 is such a great reactor design, passive cooling from 100% power to infinite grace? loving sign me up, build a million of them fuckers.

I've often lamented that there's over a dozen nuclear reactors within 20 miles of me at any given time, and none of them put electricity on the grid. 12 AP1000s could supply 1/3 of California's entire electric consumption.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Stravag posted:

I want immunity to kick Alex Jones square in the dick

That's about right.

Arrath posted:

This is the contract you accept when you order a donner.

And it's so fuckin worth it.

An easy affordable gyro place just opened between me and work. Nothing will stand in the way of me and affordable, delicious kebab meat ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

More on AJ - court learning the hard way that open comment sections breed mayhem

https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status/1520141646662455298?t=fST0sEMrViB7s1p6x8ws_Q&s=19

Those are my favorite pictures ever. "THESE SUPPLEMENTS RAISE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE AND TURN YOU RED!"