Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wrong Theory posted:

Ain't that the truth.

"House passes bill to federally decriminalize marijuana."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/01/politics/house-vote-marijuana-decriminalization/index.html

The April Fools Day prank is that it won't pass the senate. :negative:

I wonder if the principal opposition comes from alcohol and cigarette MegaCorps that ran the numbers and saw their sales decline in states after pot legalization. In WA state there was something similar when there was a ballot measure to allow grocery stores to sell liquor and while TV ads against framed it as concerned firefighters worried about your kids nearly all ad money against was from liquor wholesalers, while most of the money in favor was from Costco as they'd been feuding with the state liquor board for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

stealie72 posted:

Ok, fair. My main experience with him is the architect of Obama's bland triangulating vaguely left gazing centrism where We Can't Have Nice Things because reasons.

I listened to a few episodes of his podcast when he had Obama and Bernie on and those were ok as he is a competent interviewer and the guests had time to go in depth. Was off-putting how close he still is with Eliot Spitzer and bothered to interview him in 2015 as the "Sheriff of Wall Street" without going after him for the reasons he was no longer governor.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Would be fun to gaslight Romney into thinking two Democratic senators have flipped and are opposing Jackson to see how fast he walks back his promised yes to avoid being the 50th vote to get her across the line.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Could you please personally sign any reply you send us and ask your financial advisors if they're hiring?" :v:

Lol was that a quote from when they’d “investigate” Madoff and drop off their CVs on their way out?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Something going on in NYC. Subway shooting and CNN is talking about explosives.

And their lieutenant governor was just arrested for corruption

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:wtc:

I didn't even realize he was sick. He also had a wonderful, wonderful podcast that I encourage everyone to check out.

Dang. Yeah I remember probably a decade ago We Hate Movies had him as a guest when they were a tiny show and he was bringing his A material and energy, it was cool how he did that at no benefit to himself. He was hilarious as Mister Mxyzptlk.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Also pour one out for Gilbert Gottfried, the first celebrity with the balls to make a 9/11 joke while the rest of the country was firmly up our own assholes with blood rage.

Oh for sure and it was a good joke! Amazing how little he cared about stuff like that, he lost the Aflec gig after joking about the Japanese tsunami.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Really really bad trend of someone committing an act of violence and immediately their views and rantings are amplified to a global audience. Klebold/Harris still household names a decade later, Ted Bundy gets a sexy Netflix show, that Virginia tech guy made McBeef or whatever a meme, and Unabomber’s manifesto achieved the goal of being easily available. Even the Dallas police shooter had a podcast.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

No. He had trouble paying his Canadian child support for a decade or so and couldn't work in Canada because of it, but he eventually reached a settlement with his ex. Also he was an alcoholic for a while (the two things are probably related) but is sober now.

I saw him do stand up maybe a decade ago. He's a top tier sketch/improv comic but his solo stand up was dire, although still a great show as he wasn't on long and his opening acts were stellar. I got to meet him after and he was nice, I said he was great as Yes Man in Fallout NV and he got thoughtful for a moment then commented the developers had never mailed him a promised copy of the game.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Lol goon project to raise $5 to buy Dave Foley the complete edition of New Vegas during the next steam sale

No. He had trouble paying his Canadian child support for a decade or so and couldn't work in Canada because of it, but he eventually reached a settlement with his ex. Also he was an alcoholic for a while (the two things are probably related) but is sober now.

Yeah he told the story on a WTF episode like a decade ago, he said when he got divorced his earnings were at their Newsradio peak when alimony was set and he wasn’t close to that level anymore.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Oh man he got Brandon Frasier'd, that sucks.

Nuts how he went from lead in a Pixar movie, star a big sitcom, and even starring in live action films to sometimes guest appearances on Stargate and Always Sunny. Yeah good he seems better now. And Fraser got Doom Patrol.

Crab Dad posted:

Lol why would you do that to him? It will be unplayable without sending someone out to apply all the loving patches and a machine set up to run it.

For $100 we could find out if he ever got a copy and which gaming platforms he owns https://www.cameo.com/dsf

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Notahippie posted:

He's also dumb as poo poo and appears to have not started hiding assets until he actually got sued, which is the opposite of how you want to do it.

I dunno if he's dumb, he's gotten a massive audience including a president hosting a show yelling whatever he wants and has made millions doing so and is gonna walk away from this still living in luxury.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Naramyth posted:

I broke my rule of masking while playing 40k at larger events the other week and that was the first time I’ve got the convention cold since COVID started.

Never again. Forget COVID, I just don’t want to be cruddy after a convention or a flight

Which army are you running?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

TSA still makes you take off your shoes, but a plague is just a passe thing.

Remember post-9/11 when air marshals had to wear suits and were screened and boarded separately? That always seemed like the dullest job possible.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The rational moderate Republican who you think is going to connect the dots doesn't exist. Trump knows this, Greg Abbott knows this, DeSantis knows this. Their policies are actively and openly loving their own base, but the base doesn't care because it's all about owning the libs and protecting the children and MAGA

Any other Republicans who know the score are still going to vote R forever because it's in their financial interest to do so.

Yeah when I was younger/dumber and at a megachurch it was illustrative of how little reasoning goes into their thinking. Most evangelicals can’t consider voting for a democrat ever as that would be like pulling the trigger on babies themselves. At most they’ll claim to be considering voting libertarian but probably won’t.

One guy was laid off and could only continue badly needed health insurance because of a policy Obama pushed through over GOP opposition, and I could see him trying to process how his party of choice wanted him dead and his nemesis was aiding him, and he concluded that while he would continue to take advantage of healthcare it was a bad policy.

I did learn one of the only ways to get through was not to argue policy but to mention how their thought leaders live like kings. A Rush fan did not know he had a nine figure contract and lived in absurd luxury and I could see him getting upset as I guess he didn’t mention his mansion much on air.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah he’s very good at getting himself on the front page of Reddit/LinkedIn/twitter with populist messaging but his personal life has long had similar allegations and his company isn’t a worker’s paradise. Plus he had that bizarre claim last year that someone broke into his house and arranged knives in a ritualistic way that never seemed to have a follow up and may have hinted at further instability, and not that Big Business sent a hitman to menace him.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Ugh hope they don’t lower flags to half mast for that bum. Regarding Anita Hill:

quote:

Sen. Orrin Hatch said the woman’s story accusing the Supreme Court nominee of sexual misconduct was “too contrived.” He believed she was lying after being coaxed by liberal special interests to derail the confirmation and was yearning for the spotlight.

“For all the expressions of wanting not to have publicity and to avoid publicity, I personally felt that she looked as though she enjoyed having the publicity today,” Hatch said on the Senate floor. “But, be that as it may, her story just does not add up.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Ah Current Releases, the dudes who posted in all seriousness about how the makers of Planes had no idea what a female plane should look like.

Lol oh yeah I remember that drama, people were so so angry.