Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
New Mexico recreational weed sales start today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
West texas cops must be so hard this morning. I wonder if they'll start the kansas treatment on drivers puttering through their western border. But at least texans can now go somewhere else for their weed other than colorado.

Also Tennessee's weed bill is officially dead for the year. Mississippi's medical weed bill passed earlier this year though, so not all hope is lost. Maybe next decade, TN.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you have any concentrates you're still very much hosed.

Meanwhile, in Colorado:

Gonna call my drawer the Texas Life Sentence.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's much better.

3 years ago, that drawer would have been maybe 2 months supply for me. It's probably 9 months at my current consumption rate.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pretty sure that's the same rationality keeping it illegal in Tennessee, too. I mean, when Mississippi has got the jump on you on weed laws, it's pretty obvious the laws are being used to oppress certain groups of people.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jen Psaki is shuffling off to MSNBC.

https://www.axios.com/jen-psaki-leaving-white-house-msnbc-a75bdbc6-4c6b-43f9-b406-e104ea3b88e9.html

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I wonder if the principal opposition comes from alcohol and cigarette MegaCorps that ran the numbers and saw their sales decline in states after pot legalization. In WA state there was something similar when there was a ballot measure to allow grocery stores to sell liquor and while TV ads against framed it as concerned firefighters worried about your kids nearly all ad money against was from liquor wholesalers, while most of the money in favor was from Costco as they'd been feuding with the state liquor board for decades.

Altria, owner of Philip Morris, already owns a canadian marijuana firm.

A few months ago Marlboro came out and said they weren't considering marijuana, and that's probably right. But Altria owns Marlboro and when the people at the top start clamoring for Marlboro 420 Greens, they'll roll and package them. Very much a jump/how high? situation for Marlboro, they won't have a choice.

Pretty sure Coors has dipped a toe in weed, too.

Amazon was one of the big companies behind this push, because they can't find people who can pass drug tests to drive their boxes around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cops will still find a way to imprison "those people" and politicians will increase the penalties for other crimes to satiate the desires of Big Prison.

There's other poo poo that needs to be adjusted too, if this wriggles through the senate. Firearm laws will have to change a bit to allow ownership and possession of weed. If truckers are going to be allowed to smoke the DOT will have to shuffle their stance. Same goes for cops and licensed security. Laws around possession and presence of children. And who knows how deep the weed ancillary law rabbit hole goes.

At least the ad council is already pumping out "don't drive high" commercials.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, you have to request a part time job with amazon, full time is pretty much default. I did 6 months on pick and by the end I was having anger management issues, so instead of continuing to punch every bin I encountered, I left.

Would have been an easier job to tolerate if I had my phone and some music going, but I've worked worse places. Landscaping was honestly better work, and more satisfying.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Didn't realize it, but the MORE act the house signed yesterday will allow the VA to prescribe medical marijuana.

Should have saved my drat receipts for all these years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Speaking of diabetes...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/insulin-price-cap-biden-republicans-b2048910.html

quote:

When it went before the House Thursday, the vote largely fell along party lines with a 232-193 majority and only a dozen Republicans joining Democrats in support.

Republicans want to kill your wallet and/or children.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A.o.D. posted:

Those are a real loving thing.

They're called "police departments."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Soaking up resources and leaving messes behind?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need a better dashcam. I'm on my third chinenglish brand and I can finally afford better than a $50 camera. Any suggestions?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I know they're all made in china. I'm just at a point that I can afford better than my current APEMAN brand camera with the world's worst controls.

Nextbase has been a brand I keep looking at, but most dashcams now are some alphabet soup of english letters. Hard to know which ones are actually worth looking at when you figure in false reviews. I'll look closer at Nextbase though, thanks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hey, big headline. It just occurred to me you might want to sweep for airtags on your car. Apple has an app for their poo poo and android called Tracker Detect. Especially if there was any time someone could have gotten near your car while you were out.

E: Also those nextbase cameras look pretty good, but I can probably skate on one of their cheaper models. The interface simplicity is really what I need. A previous camera also made lovely .avi files that never work on anything but the camera. I barely drive as it is and almost never at night anymore.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 6, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dornald Tumrp Deep State Space Spyscope Thingy

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wasn't there at least one trans seal anyway or have they gotten worse since trump broke their brains

Kristin Beck.

Who I frequently mix up with Dr. Lynette Nusbacher, military historian, canadian war college professor and former british officer. She's the one that shows up on Discovery channel shows on occasion.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
DHL pilots deserve every award they're given for crash landings. They're Sully for packages.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wish there was a separate youtube for all of the "I HAVE AN OPINION" people so I didn't have to scroll past all their poo poo while looking for instant karma car wreck videos.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Part of the problem is the people, part of the problem is the algorithm that determines you need several recommendations from across the political spectrum (mostly right wingers) after watching something banal about like, the known history of peanuts.

Did you like that video about peanut butter? Here's Ben Shapiro destroying bologna on wonder bread with ketchup!

Jordan Peterson revives the KFC double down!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Somewhere a sergeants major is seeing his elvis hair and is furious he can't yell at that staff sergeant.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, I agree. But I know some CSM or SGM out there is melting down because they seemingly learn how to spot out of regs hair at sergeants major school. It's gotta be at least a week of classroom and a week of live fire range.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Carteret posted:

... am I being gaslit? Since when is it Sergeants Major.

I've heard it both ways and seen it written both ways. I think if it's broadly plural, it's sergeants. Singular or individual, sergeant.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

lightpole posted:

The full title would be sergeant major so the plural would be sergeant majors. Putting the plural at sergeants would indicate the major is separate or theres a comma (sergeants, major or major sergeants) if it was spoken. At least in English it would be a little funny to break it up like that.

Or at least that's how I would read it but I'm basically illiterate.

The plural in the UK is sergeant majors. I hate that I googled it to confirm my suspicions earlier, but I thought it was something we carried over from the brits and was used the same. Turns out we're weird and moved the plural.

But look at us, learning something. Even if it's pointless and dumb.

I've given up on the apostrophe location, if any.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Something going on in NYC. Subway shooting and CNN is talking about explosives.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, they were just going over it talking to some fireman who couldn't help but bring up 9/11.

Apparently the call was for smoke first, so the fire department responded and found a shooting scene. Those transit cops sure are doing a great job. :thumbsup:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ElMaligno posted:

I love the reaction to this is to add more cops on the subway because more cops would have totally done something in this case.

Great day to rob a bank in NYC.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

And their lieutenant governor was just arrested for corruption

Amazing. :allears:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Really really bad trend of someone committing an act of violence and immediately their views and rantings are amplified to a global audience. Klebold/Harris still household names a decade later, Ted Bundy gets a sexy Netflix show, that Virginia tech guy made McBeef or whatever a meme, and Unabomber’s manifesto achieved the goal of being easily available. Even the Dallas police shooter had a podcast.

Klebold/Harris was 23 years ago. They'll be historical names just because of the spectacle it became. They weren't big livejournalers and facebook didn't exist for another 6 years, myspace wasn't even around yet. Columbine happened before the internet really gripped the american psyche.

There are plenty of lunatics that don't expose themselves with public mediums. The guys you listed were outliers (Klebold/Harris withstanding, but the media reacted with crazy), which is what makes them so fascinating.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wasn't one of those stolen last year, too? Similar incident, stolen in a vehicle, iirc.

Or is this one of those moments like when I thought Linda Moulton Howe (Ancient Aliens old lady) died of covid in 2020?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
No, not that one. This one from July of last year.

quote:

Last weekend a thief took off with something so dangerous that it has triggered a homeland security alert. The stolen device is called a nuclear gauge and it contains radioactive amounts of cesium 137.
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/07/07/work-truck-nuclear-gauge-stolen-thieves/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Most of his audience is balls deep in andropause anyhow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My CMH grow lamp produces UV light, gonna go swing my nuts around in front of it until I develop testicular based superpowers that leave me sterile.

E: do I use my 3100k lamp or 4000k lamp? gently caress it, I'll just rotate.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Can we get them to start pointing loaded pistols at their dicks again? That was a funny time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I completely forgot about the face holsters of peak covid, lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Midjack posted:

UV-C or get the gently caress out, loser.

My 315w CMH lamps produce 0.03mW/m2 of UV-C, get on my level.

Ceramic metal halide owns.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It was a really brief phase, I only vaguely remember it, but it was right around the point-a-glock-at-your-balls phase in 2020.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Voyager I posted:

EDIT: stared at it some more and the part that's blowing my mind is that this chudlord motherfucker has a loaded gun hanging off his mask and he's still managed to wear it over his nose.

That's how you know it was pre-election 2020, even chuds wore masks when Donnie was in office.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If the death cultists want to kill themselves because a mask is such a burden to them, fine. Just means fewer of their voters at the next election (and more people voting for their dead parents/spouses/siblings to laugh at later during republican led voter fraud investigations).

I'm still going to wear mine. People back away when my smokers cough comes out anyhow. This is the time my mental health disorders have been preparing me for, lol.

Shame about all the immunocompromised people who are gonna die, but Brandon just doesn't want to wear a mask. Or get a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're going to make it illegal lol

At some point, yeah, probably. It's going to be a "security concern" somewhere down the line because cameras can't 100% identify someone with a mask on.