Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Please note: This is the exact character limit for thread titles ^^^ 75 characters.

Please take note from DC Murderverse in the March thread:

DC Murderverse posted:

No one has made a new thread for tonight so I’ll post this in here: if you’ve got a little time to kill tonight Jerrold’s new special (Rothaniel) is up on HBO Max and it’s pretty remarkable. I’m sure you’ve at least caught the headlines about it but if you haven’t don’t look up a thing, just go watch. I imagine at the very least it will be referenced tonight and it’s also a really loving good use of an hour.

Promos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-tz7LU_VFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQsRUh-Ev1c

Gunna will likely be performing the following tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-705T4FioZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ibxWKS1fs

And tonight's Vintage is Pamela Lee with Rollins Bands from April 19, 1997. An actual oldie! Sadly not the best episode, but you'll get a Henry Rollins song at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

pwn posted:

Please note: This is the exact character limit for thread titles ^^^ 75 characters.
thank goodness Lizzo is doing double duty or someone would have to reconfigure the mainframe

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
SLAP SKIT INCOMING

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
garbage cold open

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
This is a great monologue!

pwn
May 27, 2004

Word is we will have a full live Oscars sketch soon, so in case you thought we'd leave it at the pretty classy monologue, wrong!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
How long was The King of Staten Island?

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

"It was... it was like, two hours."

pwn
May 27, 2004

He's really giving it to that doll

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
"KEEP MY WIFE'S NAME OUT YOUR $%&#ING MOUTH! Ah, man, I love the movies! ...Hold on a second. KEEP! MY WIFE'S NAME! OUT! YOUR $%&#ING! MOUTH! So where ya from?"

We all knew this was coming!

pwn
May 27, 2004

Snorb posted:

"KEEP MY WIFE'S NAME OUT YOUR $%&#ING MOUTH! Ah, man, I love the movies! ...Hold on a second. KEEP! MY WIFE'S NAME! OUT! YOUR $%&#ING! MOUTH! So where ya from?"

We all knew this was coming!

They were nearly too late hitting the bleep on the second one

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
They fudged it. :thejoke:

pwn
May 27, 2004

KEEP MY SMALL PENIS

OUT YO MOUTH

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

like every Judd Apatow movie it was about 40 minutes longer then it needed to be

pwn
May 27, 2004

Hold on to your hats, you're not gonna believe this, but... tonight's PDD looks like it'll be cut :wth:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Hmmm. Uh huh. And that’s a dealbreaker for you? :hmmyes:

pwn
May 27, 2004

Honestly this feels like a Million Dollar Extreme sketch, like the joke is really cruel.

So that probably means it was written by Che

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The actual sketch about the slap was probably the low point of this episode, but holy crap Weekend Update went in on it. Brutally hilarious. And I liked most of the sketches, they're leaning into the absurd stuff and it's great.

The post-covid 'does my brain work?' gameshow made me very uncomfortable.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Mister Speaker posted:

The actual sketch about the slap was probably the low point of this episode, but holy crap Weekend Update went in on it. Brutally hilarious. And I liked most of the sketches, they're leaning into the absurd stuff and it's great.

The post-covid 'does my brain work?' gameshow made me very uncomfortable.

If you preplagiarize a post of mine again, I'll activate Can Sell Cult? Sure! to get you ratioed, which my neighbor's grandson told me is real bad!!

Although, I really liked the Oscar sketch. I won't call it anything that includes "the slap" in the phrase because that show was one I was dragged into unwillingly, and holy poo poo was it terrible. And I saw every episode. Spoiler alert: you never find out who The Slap was. Never. It doesn't even come up once.

I really enjoyed this episode.

The post-LotR "short movie" rap video made me very comfortable.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

tarlibone posted:

Although, I really liked the Oscar sketch. I won't call it anything that includes "the slap" in the phrase because that show was one I was dragged into unwillingly, and holy poo poo was it terrible. And I saw every episode. Spoiler alert: you never find out who The Slap was. Never. It doesn't even come up once.
From your Wikipedia link:

quote:

The miniseries revolves around the aftermath of a birthday party for a middle-aged city employee where Harry Apostolou slaps someone else's misbehaving child, Hugo, after he kicks him in the leg.

Although I do like your phrasing that makes it sound like The Slap is a masked vigilante who pops into the party, slaps a bratty kid, then disappears. That sounds like a much better show.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
That retro episode was quite...1997. l can't imagine having that many recurring bits ever again.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Longshot question here: Anybody recognize the sunglasses/brand Pete Davidson was wearing during the 'Short-rear end movie' bit? I couldn't quite make out the logo on the temple. Thanks.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

sporkstand posted:

Longshot question here: Anybody recognize the sunglasses/brand Pete Davidson was wearing during the 'Short-rear end movie' bit? I couldn't quite make out the logo on the temple. Thanks.

The black ones were Prada.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

mcbexx posted:

The black ones were Prada.

Thanks!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Didn't know Taylor Hawkins had died until I saw that card.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmao that "pushing pee" song was the weakest performance ive seen from anyone ever. i dont know if the song is also just that weak and low energy but it looked like the two dudes just got woken up from a nap at kindergartden and were shy to be on stage but went out and mewled through it for the bare minimum to get the nod for them to go back to their cots and nap a little more

pwn
May 27, 2004

Khanstant posted:

lmao that "pushing pee" song was the weakest performance ive seen from anyone ever. i dont know if the song is also just that weak and low energy but it looked like the two dudes just got woken up from a nap at kindergartden and were shy to be on stage but went out and mewled through it for the bare minimum to get the nod for them to go back to their cots and nap a little more

Glad I still had this one in the cache. Dunno why he deleted it, it was funny and apt :shrug:

Edit: The only cut for time to be uploaded so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6IUuxM_qlw

pwn fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 3, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha i didn't realize it was actually only 30 seconds long I kind of thought I must've zoned out for the first minute or two. i was grateful it allowed for the skit after to play rather than straight to credits.

i enjoyed the actual episode but that performance was the funniest and most unexpected part.

I caught up on a bunch of episodes a week or two ago and idk if I was just in the right mood but this season's been unusually funny so far, I like it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I feel like the show has struggled to get things in on time for the last few weeks, like the musical guests have been doing their second song way late in the show. Is this because King retired and the new director is trying to find their footing or what?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Its real

https://twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1511042299291123712?t=9KNjxISIib8R_PnqnwAxhA&s=19

pwn
May 27, 2004

Here's that Angelo for ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ZIYFCZnJo

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

pwn posted:

Here's that Angelo for ya
I sure like this better than Kyle's sketch but they really need to add something else to it or switch up the formula at all

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oh yeah, I have to say it was nearly a spit take from me seeing Dirt Nasty show up in that Short-rear end Movie song. That dude has been around for ages but I legit thought he'd thrown in the towel after his work with Three Loko. His Ernest impressions were spot on.

I'm unreasonably excited for Jake Gyllenhall next week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The question is if this was intentional product placement all along or someone from Netflix just saw it and now got free advertising...

pwn
May 27, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The question is if this was intentional product placement all along or someone from Netflix just saw it and now got free advertising...

Every episode has a sponsored sketch, which takes the place of a few minutes of commercials. It would seem that was this week's sponsored sketch.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

tarlibone posted:

If you preplagiarize a post of mine again, I'll activate Can Sell Cult? Sure! to get you ratioed, which my neighbor's grandson told me is real bad!!

I really enjoyed this episode.

The post-LotR "short movie" rap video made me very comfortable.

I agree, this is the first time in a while that I didn't just skip to weekend update.

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZvUeAdzeI

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here's a random question - outside of Weekend Update, are there any recurring characters on SNL right now? (Not including impressions of real-life people.)

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think just Angelo unfortunately. I actually really liked the last Angelo skit, but other than that it's kinda just political caricatures.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

You also have Chad but those are pretapes. Kenan has Reese D’What but he’s not really the main focus of those old movie sketches so I guess it’s up to you if that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
There's a fair amount of recycled sketches that use the same premise and roles, like the cake competition.

Kate's "kid in a romantic situation talking to his friend on the phone" character has come up three times but I don't know if they have a name.