Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kameh posted:

Did Rory really switch to a Cobra putter?

I might have been wrong. Looks like it might be a Spider X Hydro, still a huge bastard that looks sorta like the cobra, but his Taylormade had a grip that looks exactly like the ones the new Cobra King 3d print series use, so easy mistake I guess - similar head shape, same grip colors, yadda yadda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

Did Rory really switch to a Cobra putter?
No, this is definitely a Spider
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/rory-mcilroy-of-northern-ireland-reacts-after-missing-a-putt-on-the-picture-id1390498000?s=2048x2048

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

I will never get why fans chase a ball that's rolling OOB. It's such a dumb look.

I accidentally got into one of those scrums on 4 at Oakmont while I was just sort of walking by. Nope nope nope.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Every time Scheffler makes a mistake, Cam is like, oh yeah, well I can make a *better* mistake.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Presto posted:

Every time Scheffler makes a mistake, Cam is like, oh yeah, well I can make a *better* mistake.

Every time he's had a game-changing putt he's been really shaky on his stroke.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's been embarrassing watching Morikawa, Im, and Lee play this week and they get about 1/3 or less of the applause as 'other' players for the exact same shots or even better. I wonder what's up with that

e: of course as I say that Morikawa comes up 18 to a nice round of it for winning it recently. It HAS been noticeable though, honest.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Zalatoris now leading the pool :aaa:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

COME ON 2 SHOT SWING MISS IT SCOTTIE

(I don't care who wins, I just want drama)

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I accidentally got into one of those scrums on 4 at Oakmont while I was just sort of walking by. Nope nope nope.

Same happened to me at the PGA at Baltusrol a few years ago. But I was just standing there and Horschel hit one that landed right in front of me, I didn’t move, Billy came over asked if it hit me, I said nope and he asked me to move a few steps to the right.

Then he calmly put it on the green.

But man people just came running from everywhere to get close and my group just stood there calmly sipping beers.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CAM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

OOOF

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Jeeeeeeez Cam comeon

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

:Sadtrombone: Cam.

Dammit I wanted drama like Josh Lol.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Haha the Scottie just blasts it over the green just to be sure to avoid the water in response

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
McIlroy will win at -6, bank it!

:getin: chaos

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Keyser_Soze posted:

He just has to walk up to 13 tee and stand behind Scottie menacingly for the rest of the tournament.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cam missing the green at 12 with his 3rd means the tournament is well and truly over.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cam's had the door held open for him and Scheffler has been gently motioning him to c'mon on since he was eating breakfast this morning and he's somehow gotten lost in a Walmart parking lot the next town over.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Cam finally ran out of fingers to plug all the holes in his rowboat this afternoon. :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Poor Cam :(

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"DID HE GET A SIX? I CAN GET A SIX ON THAT HOLE." from the gallery as Smith walks off the green. ... ouch :(

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

"DID HE GET A SIX? I CAN GET A SIX ON THAT HOLE." from the gallery as Smith walks off the green. ... ouch :(

One of the marshalls should hand that douche a 9 iron and force him up to the tee box. Super rude.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Welp. :fork:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Dr. Capco posted:

One of the marshalls should hand that douche a 9 iron and force him up to the tee box. Super rude.

No, gently caress that. Make the dude take a driver from the championship tees and give him a range finder to see what his range to the pin is.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I just threw my papers

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus Rory

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo Rory!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

AND MORIKAWA

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

well ain't that sumthin

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ok Colin I see you lol

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That's some Tin Cup poo poo that'll be remembered more than who won it

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Keyser_Soze posted:

Well I guarantee you are wrong. :colbert:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Exquisite chip from the sand from Rory. Dream shot, just hoping Scheffler has some jitters

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Scottie has it in the bag.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Pretty incredible Masters moment right there.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The tournament may be over the pool is heating up!!!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hooooooooooooly poo poo Scottie

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Ice cold.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Does Highland Park have like 6,000 students or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU