Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Zaku II being an assassin gremlin is hilarious. Flank, burn someone down in seconds, if anyone looks at you toke up and run away cause you're made of recycled cardboard.

Overall game is well polished and easily better than Overwatch. That is if you like the faster pace and abilities being less important. Though I'm not super into the maps since they're fairly generic. Point Control is nice since it's a rats nest of pathways between the points, but in A/D I keep trying to take routes and hitting dead ends (maybe I don't wanna follow the line, okay?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Barbatos is mostly just pub stomp material. The 2 second stun is a little eyebrow raising, but it doesn't come with movement so they have to actually use their dash with it.

Zaku II is a good choice for dumpstering a Barbatos giving you trouble since they're just as mobile while getting to put out their stupid high damage at a longer range.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Revitalized posted:

I like how Guntank's weapons just auto target. Kinda weak when targeting multiples but nice for just peppering damage on the multiple targets zooming in and out of cover.

Always. Be. Shooting. Dunmuir calls the Guntank trash in his videos, but I think it fills a good role where if you've got a bunch of potatoes on your team then just constantly putting damage on anyone out of cover does a lot to help them secure kills.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

The big trick with stuns in this game is that they go through shields. So a frontline dumptruck like Sazabi has to actually be mindful about where the stuns are on the enemy team unless they want to die just as quick as anyone else.

Barbatos's problem I think is just that they thought "well they're melee so an aoe stun on a 2 second cooldown is balanced around the danger of getting in close, right?"

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Ooooooh. That's why I feel like I can't hit anything with certain suits. Asia is the default matchmaking area.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Speaking of, I want that Char Zaku skin, but also don't think I have it in me to force the grind. I've got work I should be doing. :smith:

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Okay, thank goodness on the battle pass reward. RX-78 is fun, but not Zaku fun.

I'd want the Grimoire just for the unique look, but dunno what they'd do with it that Zaku doesn't do already. (Oh, they could make it a Zaku skin and completely own me, drat.)

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Oh god. I hadn't been paying much attention to Marasai, but they can just hook combo kill anyone 1000 HP or less.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Y'all are just sleeping on the Nether Gundam. Can't believe it.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

I mean they do have to be careful with Marasai's damage since landing a hook is already a kill on anyone 1000 HP or less. Though since the Turn A is the only 1100 unit maybe that's an acceptable sacrifice.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EFI6v49v68

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Well so much for grinding for things. Already got the gold Zaku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Kwolok posted:

- Not all boosts are built the same. Yes a three boost suit has the biggest boost range, and can boost more than once, but each individual boost is the shortest! A single boost suit actually has the longest single boost, almost twice the distance of a single boost from a three boost mech.

Going back to your original post Kwolok, you sure about that part? From going to the range and testing it seems that two boost is the shortest single boost range for no good reason.

So single boost goes slightly farther than 100m per boost, two boost goes slightly less than 100m per boost, and three boost goes 100m per boost.