Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, his power is invulnerable skin but he's constantly picking up armored cars and busting walls down. so it would stand to reason that his costume is power armor. alternately, they didn't really put much thought into it. that's what most inconsistencies in t&b come down to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
origami should just be a regular cop he sux

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, his power is invulnerable skin but he's constantly picking up armored cars and busting walls down. so it would stand to reason that his costume is power armor. alternately, they didn't really put much thought into it. that's what most inconsistencies in t&b come down to.

When in doubt, the go-to Watsonian answer for T&B is "some guy in marketing thought it looked cool."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when is the second cour coming, anyway?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

When in doubt, the go-to Watsonian answer for T&B is "some guy in marketing thought it looked cool."

Actually it's even better because in-universe it's probably the same

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Dude was shilling for a yakiniku joint called "bull's horn". What else would you expect?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wild Tiger hasn't looked like a tiger since ten minutes into episode 1.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm only up to episode seven but it's sending me that the loser nerd friend is trying to do a "use 100% of your brain" thing happen lmao

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 26, 2022

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
barnaby needed more friends and he gets along really well with a fellow boring nerd.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finally finished the season. What a fantastic final fight. Cannot believe how well they handled this expanded cast. Excellent cour, very excited to see where the next one goes.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Finally finished the show. Pleasantly surprised that they changed the status quo (including keeping Golden Ryan) although not all the episodes worked for me. Called some of the stuff but I'm not expecting originality or impressive twists out of the show.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well end of season stuff I have a feeling he will get more plot stuff, given the guy who looks like the next villain is from his backstory.

Aha, we were wondering about that but I couldn't remember seeing him. Episode 3 for people who want to go back.

Relin posted:

pretty solid first 13 eps. that lady author shown everywhere has to be ouroboros' boss right? i'm guessing her power is future sight

I was already thinking the first half of it, but the second half makes sense and ties into the nature of ouroboros as a symbol.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Finished the released episodes, great final fight, good first half of the season

In the second half

I have to assume there will be some sort of situation that tempts Tiger to use the drug since his diminished ability to use his power has been a thing for so long.

Glad to see this show getting some more episodes, it's been good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

kdrudy posted:

Finished the released episodes, great final fight, good first half of the season

In the second half

I have to assume there will be some sort of situation that tempts Tiger to use the drug since his diminished ability to use his power has been a thing for so long.

Maybe he'll even get a legit, safe supply of the drug - Mattia seems like the kind of guy who'd be only too happy to make lemonade out of lemons by using his creation to help NEXT with fading powers.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The localization staff being swapped from whoever did season 1 to season 2 is really noticeable. The dub is a lot more literally translated than season 1's.

With that said though, dang, that was more Tiger & Bunny and I really liked it. For the most part I like all the new squad (although Subaru is a bit more overbearing than even a character of his archetype should be, I think) and I'm looking forward to season 2... 2.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

kdrudy posted:

In the second half

I think he'll get the temptation, but it'll be minor. His daughter, though? ANY boost to her power would change her from a complete inconvenience to top-tier hero. Being able to hold more htan one power, choosing when to absorb it, use powers that she had absorbed before, or all of the above. That drug stuff would mesh well with a plot about her trying in the hero academy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6oNjUUMp5w

We're back 10/7!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
funny, you'd figure they'd show something new but oh well...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At least we got our second twelve episodes quicker than Jojo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Very true, very true

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
just a reminder that this is coming back soon

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's back and got a good laugh out of episode 1.

Why did you two come and spoil the surprise?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

3 episodes down and the stakes are exactly what I was hoping for after the first cour. That first episode is everything I love about this show lol

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon posted:

3 episodes down and the stakes are exactly what I was hoping for after the first cour. That first episode is everything I love about this show lol

Agreed. I'm also 3 episodes deep and am really digging it. Tiger's bad acting will never stop being funny. "drat IIIITTT"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Episode 19 just hit the part where the armed robbers drop into Yuri's house. :stare: these motherfuckers have no idea how badly they could gently caress up, Lunatic either goes all out or just outright burns down the loving city. :stare:

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I'm not sure what happened, but the production team finally managed to make a showseason with a proper storytelling structure and pacing and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finished the show last night. Man, what a finale! For a long while I thought I'd be able to predict the whole path the show was going down with standard anime tropes but they actually managed to pull a good twist out several times. My only real critique is that in a way, season 1 and season 2 feel like different shows, if only in relation to their treatment of NEXT.

Season 1 had them feel really unique, like there weren't that many beyond the heroes. Season 2 has them basically be like all the randos who have powers in MHA... until later when it has them become mutants from Marvel. There's a whole bunch of NEXT around, they just don't do anything. Which is fine! But it makes me think back to the episode in season 1 where it's revealed Kaede has powers and everyone's amazed but now in retrospect it's like... yeah, okay, of course she does, she's Tiger's daughter, kinda adds up. I remember people theorizing about how if Kotetsu's brother (who I guess just moved away between seasons since I don't remember him appearing this season at all) had magnetic powers because of the one scene where Kaede's making pots and pans fly around the kitchen randomly, but now given what we know about NEXT in season 2, it's just like, oh I guess she touched... basically any friend/neighbor/other person in town given that there are NEXT everywhere. It's just an odd choice but ultimately I'm fine with it.

Other assorted thoughts:

• I'm disappointed that much like JoJo's, the binge model of streaming (combined with the fact that MHA came along and really just cornered the "what if western superheroes but anime" market) really seems to have killed a lot of discussion about this show. Because this is the rare sequel that I'd say is better than the original, and the original was pretty good already!
  • They brought back so much stuff from the movie (Golden Ryan, all the villains cameo in the big prison fight) that I'm disappointed that the B-league got written off. I kind of expected/wanted a dramatic return of those guys when the whole city was going wild near the end there.
  • I kinda wish the show made me give more of a poo poo about Thomas. Like, he just seemed devoid of personality. I knew he'd come back and learn the real super power of teamwork by the end but it was all just too little too late imo.
  • I know his power is supposed to be Hundred Power but Wild Tiger's real super power is that mech suit. I mean I know it's always taking more beatings than a normal human body can withstand, but really by the end of the final episodes he'd either be paste on the pavement or burned to a skeleton if it he were back in his old uniform from season 1 episode 1.
  • Look, I know you can't take down the Illuminati in a day, but it's still a pretty interesting move to have Ouroboros still active at the end of the series. Like, are you guys banking on another season? You wrote Tiger out and Barnaby's on his last leg, almost literally, you kind of ended the show

But anyway, final fight didn't end with double good luck mode gently caress this show 0/10

Actually though,

Maera Sior posted:

I'm not sure what happened, but the production team finally managed to make a showseason with a proper storytelling structure and pacing and everything.

:yeah:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 25, 2022