Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Intruder posted:

man Angels fans on twitter really hate the Tungsten Arm tweet don't they

i think it started when ben verlander or someone like him started tweeting it out basically word for word without giving the original guy credit. which made it go even more viral and now everyone does it

also banning it from the angels reddit heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sydin posted:

Even if they weren't cheating it's still funny that Yelich had two MVP seasons with the Brewers, gets accused of cheating and has a public meltdown over it, and after the Astros scandal breaks and MLB cracks down way harder on electronic sign stealing league wide that he just immediately turns into a pumpkin.

My ex-girlfriend and I went to a Brewers / Pirates game about a month ago and it's clear that he has never recovered from that knee injury (which, to be fair, was pretty gnarly). There's a giant hole in his swing and he has no burst off the plate.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He munched one too many butts imo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the biggest media dweeb in the Dodgers orbit hosed himself up on the Brewers slide today

https://twitter.com/ChadMoriyama/status/1560076083289919488

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bawfuls posted:

the biggest media dweeb in the Dodgers orbit hosed himself up on the Brewers slide today

Did he actually break his arm?

...can I hear a snapping sound when he hits the wall?

vvv :stonk: vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 18, 2022

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/1560101992776617984

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sweet merciful Jesus I'm crying

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How does that even happen :gonk:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

Oh no. :stonk:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
How was there not like five times as much padding in place there? Dude's not going down the slide in a full padded mascot suit to cushion him ffs, he's in his office clothes. Whoever's job it was to coordinate the safety for that little stunt should be fired.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Does the mascot normally slam into the wall like that or can he slow down and turn or something

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Fernando smiles, taking solace in the knowledge he no longer has southern california's dumbest wrist injury of the year

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

Fernando smiles, taking solace in the knowledge he no longer has southern california's dumbest wrist injury of the year

Eh still pretty debatable

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Sydin posted:

How was there not like five times as much padding in place there? Dude's not going down the slide in a full padded mascot suit to cushion him ffs, he's in his office clothes. Whoever's job it was to coordinate the safety for that little stunt should be fired.

Two weeks ago Rays reporter Tricia Whitaker narrowly avoided being injured doing the exact same thing.

So they saw exactly what happens and allowed it to happen again with a larger man going down the slide.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How does that even happen :gonk:

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
e: eh nevermind

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

bawfuls posted:

Wait, did I miss that Nomar is calling Dodgers games?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Red posted:

Holy poo poo, I just looked up his contract on bbref and ... Jesus

Yeah Yelich's contract runs until 2029, which is a mutual option. It will be turned down of course. Contract states deferred money to be paid is 2.5 million a year until 2042.

I hadn't thought about it in awhile but remember when Ozuna,Yelich and Stanton were all on the same team. And at the time it was thought Miami was terrible not being able to afford to keep those players. Now their teams would give all 3 players away for nothing in return if possible.

By the way for those wondering Stanton's contract goes to 2028, that year is a 10 million buyout. The Marlins pay 10 million a year the last 3 years, saves the Yankees a little money. Ozuna is owed 16 million a year the next two years, so not nearly as bad. However he is riding the pine he has been so bad this year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jeets was…right?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

chilihead posted:

Yeah Yelich's contract runs until 2029, which is a mutual option. It will be turned down of course. Contract states deferred money to be paid is 2.5 million a year until 2042.

I dunno the exact math on the deferred payments, but Yelich looks broken and still has more or less a Heyward's Contract worth of money left.

Do they still have Toastmasters? Maybe he can work on his speech skills.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Nodoze posted:

Wait, did I miss that Nomar is calling Dodgers games?
He does back up color for some games Orel doesn’t do. Orel seems to be limiting his schedule to home games this year with some close road games like SF and SD. They also have Jessica Mendoza on color for some games.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bawfuls posted:

lol, they've been showing this like every 15 minutes on my local news (MKE). The anchors keep saying "has he never been on a slide before?" and stuff like that lol.

edit: whoops, wrong forum entirely!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Jeets was…right?

He better get some gift baskets ready since it's his habit to give them out after he finishes loving you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Nico is slashing .337/.397/.473 in his last 50 games. He's been freaking awesome for us this year with possible gold glove defense too.

Also the Cubs have a better record than the Yankees since July 1.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

davecrazy posted:

Jeets was…right?

Unfortunately 100% right after Jose Fernandez died to break up those teams. It's just so sad for baseball in south Florida.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Poque posted:

Also the Cubs have a better record than the Yankees since July 1.

Only like 3 teams have a worse record than the Yankees over that same time period (I think the Red Sox, Pirates and Nationals). Even the Reds, Rockies and Diamondbacks have a better record than the Yankees since then.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ihatepants posted:

Only like 3 teams have a worse record than the Yankees over that same time period (I think the Red Sox, Pirates and Nationals). Even the Reds, Rockies and Diamondbacks have a better record than the Yankees since then.

Yeah it rules

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1560103374250541057?s=20&t=fidAJJhmVHo-UiF6iWymCw

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lol owns. Call him up Atkins.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

chilihead posted:

I hadn't thought about it in awhile but remember when Ozuna,Yelich and Stanton were all on the same team. And at the time it was thought Miami was terrible not being able to afford to keep those players. Now their teams would give all 3 players away for nothing in return if possible.

By the way for those wondering Stanton's contract goes to 2028, that year is a 10 million buyout. The Marlins pay 10 million a year the last 3 years, saves the Yankees a little money. Ozuna is owed 16 million a year the next two years, so not nearly as bad. However he is riding the pine he has been so bad this year.

That team also had Realmuto, but not much else.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AlbertFlasher posted:

lol owns. Call him up Atkins.
He’s already been up at least once this year but he got sent back down

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

incredible that this happened either on the same night or a day apart from this happening

https://streamable.com/d5jv3r

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

IcePhoenix posted:

incredible that this happened either on the same night or a day apart from this happening

Is this considered a fair ball?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ihatepants posted:

Is this considered a fair ball?

it's in fair territory so yeah but it's probably also a dead ball and umpire's discretion on what to call the play

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

IcePhoenix posted:

hahaha as soon as I saw the wall clip I went to find this link, thanks.
E: The team twitter said it was a fair ball.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

FlamingLiberal posted:

He’s already been up at least once this year but he got sent back down

Really interested to see if the Jays trade either Moreno or Kirk this offseason. Maybe you can tell a story that Moreno could use another year in AAA, but that seems pretty doubtful, and I don't know about Kirk or Moreno being especially interesting as a DH.

e: Wild that Kirk is only a year and a half older than Moreno.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rule of Cool says you have to call the man up immedaitely.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

Really interested to see if the Jays trade either Moreno or Kirk this offseason. Maybe you can tell a story that Moreno could use another year in AAA, but that seems pretty doubtful, and I don't know about Kirk or Moreno being especially interesting as a DH.

You would think they’d move one of them. I dunno if they’d do anything with Jansen.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

They should keep Moreno cause he's actually a catcher. Kirk isn't very good at the catching part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They should keep Moreno cause he's actually a catcher. Kirk isn't very good at the catching part.

On the other hand Kirk has actually shown he can hit at an elite level for an MLB catcher.

Gerblederp posted:

You would think they’d move one of them. I dunno if they’d do anything with Jansen.

I figure it's more value efficient or whatever to keep Jansen as a backup and move one of Moreno or Kirk rather than consign Moreno to being a rookie backup to Kirk.