Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Cubs are an unwatchable dogshit team with some of the most despicable ownership in the league, but Stroman is cool. C'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

eyyyyyyyy i'm balkin' here

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Missed a couple of pages but: 18 down, 12 to go. Thanks to whoever suggested upper deck 3rd base side.

Tyler Rogers is weird.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/gifs_baseball/status/1574945891991298048?s=46&t=PoeXUvqCyrW3zIbcb1NJaQ

The year of the ump show continues. Alternately, the umps wanted to make sure Mets +2 hit tonight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Oh, ok. Guess it's time to call it a season and just give the Mets the East

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1574976024260923392

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow thank you based umps those are DEFINITELY balks

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
really adore Jesse Chavez, the best Brave https://twitter.com/braves/status/1574936060228177921?s=46&t=NFKq9bJu8zNoAs1EcLmdAA

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What a catch

https://twitter.com/Athletics/status/1574983808192958464

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

more falafel please posted:

Missed a couple of pages but: 18 down, 12 to go. Thanks to whoever suggested upper deck 3rd base side.

Tyler Rogers is weird.

Hell yeah. AT&T/Oracle is my happy place.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Tyler Rogers is weird.

That's awesome! I'm going to my first Giants game ever tomorrow despite having lived in the Bay my whole life. I'm pretty psyched about it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That is one beautiful ballpark

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/gifs_baseball/status/1574945891991298048?s=46&t=PoeXUvqCyrW3zIbcb1NJaQ

The year of the ump show continues. Alternately, the umps wanted to make sure Mets +2 hit tonight

At that point, Blier should just drill the ump with a pickoff throw

Like, Kenley Jensen should have a balk called every pitch if this is the standard

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 28, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
After the second one I would have come set and screamed "Is this long enough for you?" at 1B loud enough for the cameras to hear

I can be convinced the first one is technically a balk although it had to be explained to me why so it's not like, super obvious. The rest seem like bullshit to me.

Skeletor
Jan 17, 2001

Metroid Fitzgerald posted:

That's awesome! I'm going to my first Giants game ever tomorrow despite having lived in the Bay my whole life. I'm pretty psyched about it.

It's a fantastic park, you'll have a great time. I've got tickets to tomorrow's game too, might as well take advantage of affordable tickets now that the Giants are all but out of contention

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I knew judge has been obscene but this snippet from espn about the salary negotiations really puts it in perspective,

quote:

In late May, during Judge's hot start to the season (.307/.381/.664 in 156 PA at that point), I wrote that his expectations should now be well north of the Yankees' preseason offer of $213.5 million, even getting lucky with a line about Judge potentially deserving around $300 million if he hit 60 home runs this year.

Judge has only gotten hotter, hitting .317/.435/.705 over 506 PA since May 21, posting the highest WAR since peak Barry Bonds from 2001 to 2004 and reaching the 60-home run mark with nine games now left to tie or break the American League record.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That is one beautiful ballpark

Yeah, 18 so far and it's top 5. Wrigley because I'm a degenerate and I practically grew up there, PNC, Camden Yards, probably Coors? and Oracle. No particular order 2-5. I actually liked Dodger Stadium a lot too, but Jesus Christ they need public transit, so, runner up.

Views at Oracle are definitely in a class with PNC and nowhere else I've been yet anyway. The bay, the bridge, the port of Oakland are all rad. It helps that I really love SF as a city, just the last few times I've been there it's either been before baseball season or in times when I wasn't really following the game and wasn't gonna spend money to go to a game.

Oakland was... interesting. It's cool that the fans come out and make it fun but man, that ballpark is in bad shape and should never have been used for baseball. It turns out you don't wanna look the same direction during baseball games as you do in football games, who knew? I do hope they stay in town and get a real ballpark though, Vegas is a fake place and everyone knows it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Tyler Rogers is weird.

Nice! That's really close to where I sat when I went to AT&T like 10 years back. One of the better seats I've had for a game. That and the Rockies have some really good views.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I kind of think Judge might not actually hit 61 cause everyone is just pitching around him now and he is running out of time

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Nodoze posted:

I kind of think Judge might not actually hit 61 cause everyone is just pitching around him now and he is running out of time

Now I'm waiting for the 'What if Aaron Judge had played without a baseball bat?' vid.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Obviously he easily could not get another home run. But there’s a week left of the season. He has time. And they’ll close off with four against Texas and 3 against Baltimore. So hopefully he’ll see more against a team not chasing a playoff spot.

I said it last night but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sat tonight. He’s not really getting pitched to by Toronto and it will give him two days off to rest and try and come back and hit it in New York.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Nice! That's really close to where I sat when I went to AT&T like 10 years back. One of the better seats I've had for a game. That and the Rockies have some really good views.

Those are the best seats at Angel Stadium too, 400 series on the 3rd base line, row D or E so you don't have the railing in your line of sight. Great way to see Ohtani on the bump for about $25/ticket.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Now I'm waiting for the 'What if Aaron Judge had played without a baseball bat?' vid.

He probably strikes out too much for the result to be anywhere near as absurd

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/BravesGasm/status/1574912116821311490

Chicago giving the kids some playing time

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Everytime I see that mascot I cant unsee the time they accidently tweeted out its dong

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Paul Zuvella posted:

Everytime I see that mascot I cant unsee the time they accidently tweeted out its dong

We didn't, some news station did lol

DAY ONE DICK PICS

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

DAY ONE DICK PICS

That's just what bears do

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I thought the mascot was going to bowl her over for a second.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1575123279190302725

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:vince:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

:hai:

I love this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1575158976022548482

Can't wait to get COVID again!!!!!

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

STAC Goat posted:

Obviously he easily could not get another home run. But there’s a week left of the season. He has time. And they’ll close off with four against Texas and 3 against Baltimore. So hopefully he’ll see more against a team not chasing a playoff spot.

I said it last night but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sat tonight. He’s not really getting pitched to by Toronto and it will give him two days off to rest and try and come back and hit it in New York.

Yeah he said he refused to take a day off until they clinched so I would expect he’s at the very most a bench option tonight. Maybe they bring him out for an at bat or two since Toronto’s starter has an ERA over 5 but a couple days off may help him more.

I think he’s gonna do it but with Baltimore still chasing a spot I don’t think he’s going to get a lot of meatballs.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://theathletic.com/3636089/2022/09/27/cubs-willson-contreras-possible-farewell-wrigley-field/?source=emp_shared_article&redirected=1

quote:

“I’ve been thinking a lot about it, my free agency, and I know what I want for sure,” Contreras said. “At the same time, I don’t control the market. The market will speak for itself and we’re going to adjust to it and see what happens. But I know what I want.”

And what is it that Contreras wants?

“Feeling that I’m wanted,” Contreras said. “I want to be somewhere that I’m wanted. (Where) I feel like they’re going to appreciate what I do on the field and off the field. A place (where) they appreciate what I bring to the clubhouse and what I can do.”

It’s becoming clearer and clearer that Contreras and the Cubs aren’t much of a match beyond this season.

“I won’t be offended (if they give me a qualifying offer) because it’s part of the business,” Contreras said. “That’s probably the reason my price at the deadline was really high because by making the qualifying offer they can get a pick. I already talked to my agent and we’re going to think about that.”

Is accepting that qualifying offer an option?

“At this point, I’m not going to give you an answer,” Contreras said. “I’m going to wait and see what’s next. But we have to consider it.”

I hate this stupid loving team that's apparently decided that saving a couple bucks was worth completely alienating our extremely cool and good catcher who up until all the TDL bullshit was emphatic about wanting to be a Cub for life and all but begging for an extension. :smith:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

I cannot stop laughing.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'd put pretty good odds that she could strike him out

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/anthonydicomo/status/1575242801012477959?s=46&t=vfzS7cQEpS17ILVEEqE9zg

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm
Citi Field used to be known for good food but i feel like that might have gotten lost in the pandemic. Every time I’ve been recently I keep looking for better food but it’s all overpriced sysco quality stuff

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
It's official

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1575292217027084288

e: drat he deleted it, it said Aaron Judge has tied Riger Maris

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/mlbhr/status/1575292032737763328?s=46&t=shj1HL349EHtaSDh-4oSZA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Since the ball ricocheted directly into the Jays bullpen do they get to keep it or what