Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not a fan of the Yankees but I sure do like watching Matt Carpenter hit some dingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

IcePhoenix posted:

imagine being the third baseman and letting it drop to get a double play

Unfortunately that's only a net 9,900 IQ play.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Can't wait for the Mets press release "Getting Jacob deGrom back is the best trade deadline move we could make".

Mets are 7-0 in the Vogelbach Era.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mets were in on Soto until they realized he would take valuable playing time away from their 12 white dudes who hit singles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Gimme the deeeaaalz baby wanna see them dealz.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Makes perfect sense to me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Nodoze posted:

IIRC he almost entirely dropped off the grid and moved to Arizona

It's not like the cubs didn't totally poo poo all over the field after the Bartman play anyway, not to mention Dusty just leaving Prior out there on fumes until it was too late. He probably shouldn't have even gone out for the 8th inning either

Like many sports scapegoat moments the whole Steve Bartman incident gets misremembered in so many ways. It was the 8th inning not the 9th like you might be led to believe, the Cubs were still ahead by three runs at that point, many other people in the stands put their hands up to catch it as well, it’s not even immediately certain that Alou would have caught that ball, and the Cubs continued to poo poo the bed long after the play was relevant. I saw that game in real time at my college dorm and we all thought the fans and even the broadcasters were being shitheads by continuing to fixate on Bartman instead of the Cubs sucking rear end as a whole. It’s like how everybody fixated on Buckner for letting that ball go through his legs in the 86 series when the Mets had already tied the game on a wild pitch and it would have at least gone to extras no matter what he did.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mets have been rakin'

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

davecrazy posted:

We expect to lose and our players to suck.

Sometimes the Mets don't even have the common courtesy to suck immediately and we all have to keep watching.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Fortunately Aaron Judge won’t have to go too far when he hitches his wagon to da 2022 WS champion New York Mets, babyyyyyy

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I was worried Guillorme would miss the postseason with how badly he limped to the plate, love to watch that guy play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's no joke!