Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
he literally plants his leg forward towards the plate seems like a balk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Not an Oakland A's jersey, 2/10.

the kind of people who are kamala fans aren't A's fans they're over at Oracle Park

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

the Stieb series is important and good and also the BBWAA are the stupidest idiots ever also gently caress Jack Morris and gently caress Derek Bell

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

loving BULLSHIT the Yankees are getting hosed AGAIN on all fronts now let me explain how a kid dying of cancer doesn't understand what players they should be fans of

Wow these forums are the only thing almost as unfairly attacked than the Yankees

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 14, 2022

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Chris Davis going 0 for 54 is like a piece of art for all the wrong reasons

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

How about managers do whatever the gently caress they want for strategy and if you get upset about aesthetics or whatever weirdo claim reevaluate if you actually like baseball

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Agreed strategy has no place in baseball

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/bronxcentral/status/1515162059964616706?s=21&t=iOboNiubY02xyzKvimaKZg

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It's imperative MLB solves these issues for the fanbase that says they like baseball but actually complains about everything except dingers or whatever

If they put the ball on a tee you get more balls in play and pitchers can't stall wow what an idea

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 16, 2022

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If baseball is going to change let it be the way guys play on the field, not loving advertisements on uniforms and the mounds and increased ad breaks etc because the owners are panicking that they're the poorest billionaires

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Very hosed up of the Giants, ignoring that if they're up enough stop trying because the other team is unwritten rule bound to throw in the towel there out

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/redsoxstats/status/1517956264034246658?t=azaepoJASVcmbCpy4iTwcg&s=19

I'm sure they had a good reason

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Throwing stuff on the field after winning is a new one

They're just pissed at the Yankees for being the worst team in the history of baseball and Cleavland for being such a terrible group of scrubs that they got beaten is all

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

bewbies posted:

naming the six other players along with Miggie to hit 500 dingers and 3,000 career hits is a surprisingly challenging exercise.

I consider myself a pretty dedicated baseball history nerd and I missed two of them.

Missed two as well and one was so glaringly obvious I am ashamed of myself

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

have some empathy, the Yankees are the worst team to ever exist in the history of baseball and their fans have a lot of emotional distress because of how Cashman and Boone are the biggest idiots to ever live. they're actually the victims here.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

they're out there yelling at opposing players NOT wanting the player to do anything to give them an excuse to throw beers at them, the last thing they want when yelling non stop at an injured player and his teammate is any reaction. again, we have to remember how much these fans suffer, they are the israel of baseball, surrounded by enemies and constantly under attack from their front office :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

drat how can this be happening some guys who really like stats said they're not supposed to be this good i mean wtf

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Everyone bemoaning the loss of narrative impact from starters no longer going deep yet none of you singing the praises of Walker Buehler who recorded the league’s first complete game last night :colbert:

people say they want good baseball but when they get it they don't care or bitch about something else, a tale as old as time. alternatively people are ignoring it due to being over the maddux cutoff and also hate the dodgers (me)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

just lol they're loving baseballs not macanudos

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

loving HATE when managers use pitchers how they see fit and not how I, an online person who claims to like baseball but whines about baseball being played, sees fit

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

camoseven posted:

You're an idiot.

Congrats, you solved the puzzle

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Popete posted:

Reds starting pitchers have a collective ERA of 8.03 :stare:

Offense has a team OPS of .570

RIP to all Reds fans, I thought the Oakland dismantling was something but wow was I ever wrong about how bad it can truly be

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Excited for Mets Phillies didn't have that on my bingo card

Also gently caress Bauer hope he falls off a tall building

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/reds-place-joey-votto-on-injured-list-activate-tyler-stephenson.html

Kind of relieved I won't be looking at his hitting line for a few days...

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Messed up the Mets were supposed to totally give up and the Phillies would then do their part and not bunt

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The Redlegs won it must have been truck making GBS threads that turned the tide

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Looked up skyline wow looks awful is it the official food of Cincinnati because that would track

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Between that and the Giants bottom 8 it was quite the evening

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Seeing something other than a 4 seamer that fast makes my brain short circuit a bit

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

hope the Schwindler is back in the show soon :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

the umps have been doing a magical job with strike zones this season, with magical job meaning absolutely loving awful

re: team in London WOW what a great idea from Rob "The Man" Manfred, friend of the owners and champion of beleaguered and nearly destitute owners like the A's and Reds have

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Hell yeah Zack is getting that 10th career home run

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Move the Yankees to London so I can hate the Yankees, their fans and British all at once

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I think the answer to that is a pretty simple one and it's the answer to just about every question regarding Greinke and that's "Who the gently caress besides Zack even knows?"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

guys I'm confused I thought COVID was over???

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

weird how the teams that just put position players on the mound don't whine about unwritten rules when they're getting walloped

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

it's too bad willians punched out that dude in winter ball and lost his spot in the show :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm a broke brain who will watch any two teams play whenever so every season is miserable no matter how the A's are doing (turning over entire roster every 365 days)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Very Mets to completely screw up having the first pitch before the players take the field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Timby posted:

You know that big-rear end shifts were a thing when Ted Williams played, too, right? Didn't seem to bother him too much.

Much like the pitch clock, banning the shift is a solution desperately in search of a problem.

Yeah the shift having been a long standing strategy used over the years is great and all but it's literally impossible for guys to go oppo now and also looks bad and strategy is not ok cheers