Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
40 degrees with intermittent rain here in Chicago. Let's fuckin' go!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Popete posted:

I was thinking about grabbing a ticket the other day and just going to the game by myself but uh yeah, think I'll just sit at home and grab some take out.

:same: There's a ton of cheap tickets on StubHub right now, but depending on how much it rains, this is pretty much my least favorite weather. I'd rather go tomorrow when it's snowing!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Baseball is back, and my boy Kyle is starting. Let's hope this year sucks a little less than last year.

Thankfully, the Cubs are running out of beloved players that they can trade away at the deadline, so at the very least, it will suck less on that front. The team will absolutely be worse than last year.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/status/1512169717271711744?s=20&t=ZUPPCwutCxPk4hPCddZhgw

oh jeez. a bunch of those posts from two hours ago looking real silly.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

achillesforever6 posted:

I long for the day that Bob Nutting is driven out of Pittsburgh preferably in the river

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Poque posted:

Fergie statue dedication today. This dude rules.

Please tell me they booed Ricketts.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Poque posted:

Nah it wasn't about him today

Respectable, I suppose, but still disappointing.

maffew buildings posted:

Cubs legend and future MVP Frank Schwindel is happily married to his longtime sweetheart and Suzuki is married to the game, I think that has the entire roster covered for a couple decades for good vibes

Judging by the math, seems like Davies was with his wife since high school before he decided to ghost her out of nowhere, so, uhh...

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The spade a spade phrase has apparently racist origins as well

Not likely, no.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzRJ3cpTTI

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Cubs and Sox both getting in on position players pitching while getting blown out on the same day. Beautiful.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

elentar posted:

i remembered Kramer Robertson for his terrible dye job back at LSU but looking now i think there's also something just generally unsettling about him

edit: jesus christ why is it that big i thought i kicked down the size mods save us

lol that's Jerry Seinfeld

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I think I hate the Cubs more than I hate the Cardinals, at this point.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Niwrad posted:

The Cubs are tremendously bad.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
$6 bleacher tickets today, apparently.

https://twitter.com/niseilounge/status/1537497827844280320?s=21&t=ooG5s7NFb3UOxyaC9SHlsQ

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm glad the Cubs could get another AAAA generic white guy to placate the fanbase next season.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Nick Madrigal bobblehead day is Saturday

let's FUCKIN' GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I can't believe that I somehow hate the Cubs even more now than I did this morning. There's no way in hell they're extending Contreras. So now they dicked him around for weeks, he has to finish the season with this group of loving losers and we get a loving compensatory pick. What a crock of poo poo.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cubs are BACK

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1554654762401923073?s=20&t=XcAJhB96rfm6zJBFVP7rGg

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
gently caress

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1554675110979706881?s=20&t=XcAJhB96rfm6zJBFVP7rGg

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Niwrad posted:

Cubs again starting their 31 year old career minor leaguers ahead of their young talent. Interesting way to rebuild.

Not fair. They may still have Ortega and Schwindel in the lineup inexplicably, but they also have young guys like McKinstry who loving suck and have no future.

Also, lmao that they couldn’t find room in this lovely lineup for Madrigal on his bobblehead day.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

R.D. Mangles posted:

frank went 3-4 for the I-Cubs, he's charging up

The Cubs should send their entire AAAA roster down to AAA so the organization can win the International League and experience some measurable success.

FAKE EDIT: Looked at the standings, and lol the I-Cubs also suck poo poo.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm torn. Dylan Cease is a beekeeper, which is cool, but he wrote an absolutely godawful poem about his slider, which is bad.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

ihatepants posted:

He is also unvaccinated and couldnt play when they went to Toronto, so he is definitely bad.

ptooey

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Thank God. Took them long enough. Go home and be a family man, Frank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Cubs are an unwatchable dogshit team with some of the most despicable ownership in the league, but Stroman is cool. C'mon.