Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ihatepants posted:

https://twitter.com/mlberrors/status/1512570010434162688

Lol Gary Sanchez still up to the same old tricks in Minny.

It is better to bat flip and outted than to have not bat flipped at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Suzuki will hit three dingers his next game if the pattern holds.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

News: Cool Kyle

Views: :cry:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DurosKlav posted:

BASEBALL IS DYING!!! IT MUST BE LONG GAMES

*continues to have lovely blackout rules*

Mariners are blacked out in Boise. I'd definitely watch them as my unofficial AL team.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bird in a Blender posted:

Arrieta had such a wild career to me. Bad in Baltimore, comes to the Cubs and is good to great for like five seasons, then immediately back to bad. Like he managed to figure it out for a few years and then lost it again. I guess that's pitching for you.

I think he had some funky precise mechanics going on. He was ungodly for that short stretch because everything clicked. He was decent/good outside that when it mostly clicked then just bad when it didn't.

Oh well he had that amazing stretch that helped bring a ring. Kind of a poo poo bag otherwise.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

He also completely blew himself out in 2015 pitching almost 250 innings between the regular and post seasons, prior to that his largest workload in a season had been 150ish IP. He showed up in 2016 missing 2-3 ticks on his FB that he never got back

For sure. After the wildcard game that year, he became mortal.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Niwrad posted:

I am still mad they went cheap in the off-season again. With a couple signings, this is a wild card team. They just needed a lefty power bat and a high leverage guy in the pen.

Still will be an entertaining 75 win team.

We'll see how the rotation shapes up too. Hopefully Keenan doesn't pitch his arm off.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

This is the hero the Cubs need.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Two married lawyers running a law firm together sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popping to say gently caress you bauer I hope you never return.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

More importantly, the Cubs aren't last in gidp/game. Washington has them beat by 0.03.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Sucks that Kyle couldn't finish it but I'm shocked as it is that Ross let him stay out there for 116 pitches. Hopefully this is a sign that Cool Kyle is BACK.

It is May now so maybe he's settled in.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hell yeah Wilson!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

That's gotta be good enough for the 16th wild card they added right?

Who will then move on to sweep the decaying corpse of the the NL East champ.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lift that hangover away one squat at a time.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Joc probably posts in like yospos or something.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Could have swore the Cubs were supposed to play today. Guess I was wrong.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

You thought the Cubs post trade deadline last year was dire, anything not nailed down is going to be up for sale this year. Second half Cubs are going to make the Reds look like an All Star team.

I'll still watch that garbage.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I hope the Cubs can go 10 in a row today.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 16, 2022

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

howe_sam posted:

Makes total sense if you remember the video for Walk of Life has both baseball and a gorilla in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sys9LCUo-AU

What a weird music video.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

I appreciate the Cubs fans that still post here even when their team is really bad. Don't see that with the other bad clubs!

Should have been around in the early 10s when Jeff Samardzija was the best player on the team.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bird in a Blender posted:

I really haven't been watching many games. Is Ross that bad of a game manager? It's not like he has a lot to work with. Not that I'd be that upset about moving on, it was always an odd hire.

Heyward still plays regularly, odd bullpen choices that blew leads.

He doesn't have much for pitching though that's for sure.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

No it is illegal that the Cubs can get functional pitching in their system. Does anyone remember "adbert alzolay"

Who? Sounds like one of those generated baseball names though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mcmagic posted:

Everyone makes the playoffs this year, they will make it.

Not everyone, we know for a fact the cubs won't.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mcmagic posted:

everyone but the cubs and orioles will make it

Cubs and Orioles must play a 19 game series during the playoffs to determine the worst team in baseball.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Trillhouse posted:

i can't escape the doomposting. it's in every thread on the forums...

Yeah the Cubs are that bad this year.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Niwrad posted:

They paid Villar $6 million this offseason. Good lord this front office has had a bad run.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1540455590262181888

That's $1M for every 0.1 win he took away.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Every time I'd go to a Mariners game I'd enjoy some garlic fries then go to the international district for a meal.

Highly recommend.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

Speaking of players fraternizing, Christopher Morel is maybe the happiest guy playing baseball and he loves to hug everyone. He tried to fist bump C.B. Bucknor when he stepped up to the plate (Bucknor did not reciprocate). The last 2 days when he's reached 1st base he gives Paul Goldschmidt a hug, the first time Goldschmidt looked very confused what was happening but he seems to be into it today.

He's just such a fun guy to watch. He's loving every minute of being in the big leagues, even when he has a poor day at the plate he's smiling non-stop.

Dude's just out there living his best life. Love it when Willy's in the on deck circle behind him basically just telling him to breathe.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Goodpancakes posted:

What's the backstory on the Angels/Mariners bad blood

Both teams have spent the majority of the last decade missing out on the playoffs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

lmao having completely run dry of actual justifications for starting Heyward so much, Ross is now defaulting to "because I like him, gently caress you."

https://twitter.com/itsthebigs/status/1541503711964536832

Make him a coach then. Just nothing to do with hitting though cause yikes.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Gorman Thomas posted:

Ohtani's last 3 weeks

.344/.436/.719, 6 HR, 17 RBI

26.2 IP, 0.34 ERA, 36 K, 6 BB, 0 HR
(.152/.202/.174) lmao

Send the Angles organization to the Hague.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

Narciso crook

I want to see this large man steal bases.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Have we even confirmed the ball landed?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

Don't need 19 drunken brawls a year.

Red Line series is fine as it is, I love that there can never be a playoff series between the Cubs and sox unless it is an apocalyptic world series.

Cubs-White Sox series confirmed for 2024.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Christopher Morel is cool and good and is my friend.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to, If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying.

I was pretty excited about a Cubs trip to Cleveland 6 years ago but other than that yeah understandable.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Such a good catch the ump helped him up!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

Is there no angle of this play that shows both runners the whole time? I’ve seen like three different replays that all follow the ball

edit: this sorta shows them

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1544144156041289728?s=21&t=4zPjkHCfvmeVhOSuXAuv9A

From googling, I think that's the first ever recorded 8-5 triple play. Probably because it requires two blans or weird rear end defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Be careful, Mariner's fans. Do not give into hope.