Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The Blue Jays have been playing .333 baseball since June 15th. I think the Blue Jays have a real shot at finishing the season only seven games below .500. It'll be a struggle to get there, but I have full confidence that they can manage to do it.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Never mind the blue Jays have dropped 2 straight to the fuckin Orioles, lmao.

Cackling at my friends over how poo poo the Jays are is way, way more fun than I ever had cheering for them.

The Blue Jays are not a team ready for post-season baseball. Even if they back into a playoff spot, they're not going anywhere.

Key Stat: They are 9 games below .500 when facing a team which is .500 or better (which will be 10 games below after Baltimore completes the sweep today.) San Diego is the only other team which is above .500 which comes anywhere close to that poor a showing against other teams above .500.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Pungry posted:

I completely understand why the focus is on the Yankees as a currently "collapsing" AL East team, but can anyone explain what the hell happened to the Rays?

I think the Rays have a ridiculous number of players on the Injured List, that can't be helpful.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
On the day when the Blue Jays celebrated the 30th anniversary of their first World Series win, the Blue Jays made a convincing statement demonstrating their potential for a long post-season run by getting a whopping four (4) total base runners, two (2) hits and zero (0) runs.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Johnny Bravo posted:

well, they won't see Shohei Ohtani in the postseason so glass half full and all that

The Jays just were swept by a team which was 21 games under .500 before coming into Toronto (being outscored 22-3 and struggling to piece together 17 hits in three games total). They're not likely to be seeing anyone in the postseason, period.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 28, 2022

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Every five starts, the Blue Jays are sending out a starting pitcher who consistently hands the opposing team 3-6 free runs and can't make it through 5 innings. That's going to cost a lot of critical games down the stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I hope the next six years of Berrios’ contract are better than this one!

In two years, Jays fans will look back sadly at 2022 as the golden age of Berrios.