Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

euphronius posted:

What happened to Bellinger ?

He was good at baseball, now he is not good at baseball. Tale as old as time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Justin Verlander is good at baseball

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Let's all wish a happy birthday to the greatest person to play the game. We truly do not deserve him. May he poo poo on the Yankees for many many years to come.

https://twitter.com/astros/status/1522561830438281216

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Cheating rear end in a top hat and MVP thief.

He forgives you.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

In better anniversary news, happy Kerry Wood best game ever pitched* day. :toot:

*by gamescore

This is a bad memory, not a good one.

Jose also forgives for you know not what you have done.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Well gently caress - facebook memories reminded me that in 2016, on Altuve's birthday, I went to a Yankees-Red Sox game....and wore a Yankees hat.

I am a sinner.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I will never link to Clay Travis - but this should be fun. Looking forward to watching the Montreal Rays do more with less.

I also hate it because I despise public funding of sports franchises - but this feels like a monkey's paw situation.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1532509471058149376

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

I've seen all but 4 teams, Tampa, Atlanta, Texas, Houston. Although some teams I saw in old stadiums, but I still count that. Like I saw the Pirates in Three Rivers, and Yankees in the old Yankee Stadium. I've taken a hiatus on baseball trips since my kid came around, but I'm hoping I can get back to it next year. I really want to get those last four off my list.

Tampa - Trash stadium in lovely part of city, skip.

Atlanta - white flight stadium - skip on principle

Texas - the original white flight stadium - looks like a gas grill and everyone knows real men use charcoal - skip

Houston - a temple to baseball and America's team. Home of Jose Altuve (PBUH). Come visit, enjoy the friendly fans, visit the bars and restaurants in the vibrant downtown area and see America's team play good ol' fashioned baseball.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Johnny Bravo posted:

Some credit to the Houston baseball club, they aren't scared to go to the bronx and just punch a team in the face

They gotta stop booing Altuve and the chants at this point.

NY Post said its like feeding spinach to Popeye which is a solid analogy, dude clearly feeds off it.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I’d expect the chants to stop sometime around the same time people stop chanting Yankees Suck. So you know, never.

It’s rivalry poo poo. It doesn’t go away.

Sure but Altuve takes a big poo poo on the Yankees specifically every time yall do it. It's for your own benefit!

Probably applies to Trae Young too.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 26, 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

No you're being too lenient. Punish her with an Orioles hat.

Get her a red one, let her wear it around for awhile - then tell her about Limp Bizkit

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

All I was saying was maybe consider not chanting at him or booing him since he clearly feeds of it and it's only hurting the Yankees at this point - dude clearly feeds off of it.

Same poo poo with Trae Young.

https://twitter.com/mooseoutfront/status/1541114771491151872?t=RNKecZy5QH3FzkTppPuEqQ&s=19

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

7-2 over the last 9 should have been at least 8-1 and could easily have been 9-0. I'm happy with how the stretch went but could have been even better

2 losses on walk offs. I'll take it.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

MMP also has a lot of parking lots around but they're the same parking lots used during the day for other stuff. Street parking is free after 6pm so I generally get to the stadium an hour early, go pregame at a nearby bar, then head in for first pitch while watching someone drop $20 to park slightly further away than I did

Imagine driving and not riding a bike to Minute Maid Park - pay $0 to park right next to the LF entrance next to Union Station.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

I'm not riding a bike from Spring

Imagine living in Spring and not in the loop.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

Wrigley rules.

Fixed it.

Transit to Wrigley. Bike to Wrigley. Walk to Wrigley. Stumble drunkenly towards Wrigley - all good choices, all not a car. Best stadium in baseball based solely on how it fits with its neighborhood surroundings.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Kirios posted:

I grew up within the loop I couldn’t wait to get out.

The suburbs can be great and I'm glad you found your place in the world in the beauty of Houston's outer ring.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

No one cares what the Yankees do for the rest of the regular season. It's all about the playoffs.

I'm very excited to see how the Astros will eliminate them this year.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Popete posted:

It's not a conspiracy theory that Altuve would rather take a few days off then get booed relentlessly in LA.

It's understandable even if it's entirely of his own doing.

Altuve didn't even use the system, smdh.

Also - the boos are his superpower - if he went to LA and was booed relentlessly in the ASG, he'd just hit a bomb in every at bat.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

uggy posted:

cause he's a baby who can't perform under the big lights

re kershaw

Remember when he blew game 5 in the world series against the Astros - that ruled.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I didn't make millions of dollars from cheating like some others did. I'm a poster on a message board. But you do you man.

I mean - the Yankees cheated for years longer than the Astros did - I'm glad Colby Rasmus put them in their place tho.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Yes I too remember the time the Astros knew what was coming and whiffed on only 1 of 50 Kershaw breaking balls in a World Series game

drat what was that team doing for 4 innings if they knew every pitch was coming. IMO - should have started in the first inning.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It should also be noted that Astros fans are such loving morons that they really believe that a professional athlete is too shy to have his shirt off in public. (It's either that or they are liars who are OK with cheating)

lol imagine going to your grave believing a fake tweet from "Carlos Beltran's niece" and a Jomboy zapruder film.

I'm also thrilled the Astros drafted Gilbert - the biggest rear end in a top hat in College Baseball will be a great addition to the squad. We've been lacking in that since they let Correa walk.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

All good things come to an end, but drat if I haven't enjoyed what this team has done to the Yankees over the last 7 years.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

The Angels should trade Trout to the Astros imo.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It remains a loving travesty that Ortiz is getting into the Hall of Fame today and Arod isn’t.

A Rod is a cheater OP, we can't abide that. A disgrace to an honorable game

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

N: Dodgers beat the Giants 7-4, that makes

4-game sweep of the Giants

8 straight wins

19 of their last 21

on pace for 110 wins

V:

https://twitter.com/KenRosenthot/status/1551350647227699200?s=20&t=KhZZUHgpe8zPUdTykoKtkQ

Looking forward to y'all filling the gaping hole on the team by trading 3 mid level prospects for Soto.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

How could the Nats turn down an offer of some prospects and MVP Cody Bellinger. They'd be fools not to take it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Well you see it's hard for a small market team like the Cubs, there isn't any money there and ownership is struggling with the drop in revenue from post COVID

*puts in bid to buy loving Chelsea*

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Criminal Minded posted:

I'm a Cards fan who moved back to STL recently. I was talking with a coworker and telling him how the fear among Cardinals fans I knew in the mid-2000s was that the Cubs would realize, and leverage, their enormous financial advantage and make life very difficult for the Cardinals simply by paying for top talent like the Dodgers have. To some extent they did, but they did so right in time for league ownership to collectively decide that they don't give a poo poo about anything but minmaxing profit. Bullet dodged, for us.

This is fine, but also the Dodgers basically built their team from the ground up. I'm not sure they've made a big free agent splash signing other than Freddie Freeman since Friedman took over. They traded for Mookie and Trea Turner and were able to sign them, but not sure that's the same thing as just "simply paying for top talent" since they had to develop the prospects and players that enticed the Red Sox and Nats to make the trade (I still don't quite understand what the gently caress the Red Sox were doing though)

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 26, 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

I thought the Astros might make a run at Contreras but Maldonado's been relatively hot lately (.244/.306/.489 in his last 15 games) so I wonder if they just stand pat since they value him so much defensively. And obviously you take a near .800 OPS from your glove first catcher, or even .700. As long as they don't think he's going to drop back down to a .150 BA .500 ops hitter again

They really need to find an outfielder. Brantley's health is a serious mystery at this point so they're getting nothing from left field or center field

I'd like to see them go after Happ maybe

The Astros have like 15 major league caliber outfielders.

Brantley/Tucker/Meyers is fine.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

TBH the Astros should just trade for Soto. Send these guys Meyers/McCormick/Siri/Dubon and then like a pitcher or something - bingo bango the Nats should be thrilled.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Poque posted:

best case scenario now is we trade Willson for a solid package of prospects and he comes back in free agency to eventually play with said prospects. is this the bargaining stage?

They're going to trade him to the Dodgers for Bellinger OP - straight up no prospects.

He may go to the Astros for like that dude we just drafted from Tennessee who is a butthole that everyone hates (though that would fit in well with the Stros tbh)

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

such disrespect to the Best Will Smith

Everyone needs a solid backup/bullpen catcher.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

The trade that I suggested to get Soto to the Yankees is WAY better than this and for some reason I don't see anyone making GBS threads on you as much as you deserve to be shat on for this.

Actually I think you'll see the Bellinger for Soto straight up that's right above what you quoted makes the most sense. Bellinger has 1 MVP and Soto has 0 MVPs so I'd rate that as a win for the Nats.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

The Oakland Athletics must be a world series favorite.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

drat - that's crazy from Scherzer - I was under the impression the Astros invented sign stealing in 2017.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Patrick Spens posted:

I would like to thank the noble and morally unimpeachable Astros for their service.

America's Team delivers again

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

at least i dont live in houston, that's a relief

Houston is good actually.

City Chat: The only two cities in the US that are good are Houston and Atlanta. Seattle is pretty though

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Look at this Minneapolis erasure.

As a Texan, we have been informed that the entire city of Minneapolis was burned down by antifa in the summer of 2020.