Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

FizFashizzle posted:

You’re going to be so embarrassed when he does nothing the next two seasons the signs a two year prove it contract with the saints and loving goes off.

So much pie on your face.

I like to imagine Sean looking at Panthers film a decade ago just going "Jesus if he just cut like half a step sooner that'd be a TD" over and over until it drove him to sign Ginn just to rant at him about routes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Ted Ginn reminded me of a guy who once said of his ex, "if she had just stopped loving other guys she'd be a perfect girlfriend"

if Ted Ginn didn't drop 2 of every 3 balls he'd be in the Hall of Fame

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

three posted:

It's a QB-driven league, and the only team in the NFL with a worse quarterback than either the Falcons or Bucs is the Commanders. They're both picking in the top 5, at minimum.

Also, you could place worse bets than Arthur Smith and Todd Bowles getting fired before the season's over. Smith seems like the kind of coach whose schtick wears thin really fast, so I wouldn't be shocked if he loses the locker room by October. And Bowles just exudes lame duck energy. Top 5 is a totally reasonable prediction for either.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The last time Allen and Carr were together, Allen got fired midseason.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

The Big Jesus posted:

Falcons have a better shot at winning the division than picking top 5 imo

Yeah, I don't see us having a losing record and I think we have a chance to win the division. I mean yeah "lol Falcons" and all that but there's more talent on this roster than last year.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
NFCS schedule is very easy in general

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
That and if there’s any team in the league that can get by with just an exotic run game it’s the Falcons.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I really have no idea what to expect out of the Panthers this year. It doesn't feel like it could get worse at QB than the recent run of has-beens/never-weres that we've employed, but I also know better than to take that bet with confidence. I definitely don't believe this is a cupboard-is-bare situation -- Matt Rhule just had a special talent of making it look that way -- and the NFCS is as open as ever, but man, who knows.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

RumbleFish posted:

I really have no idea what to expect out of the Panthers this year. It doesn't feel like it could get worse at QB than the recent run of has-beens/never-weres that we've employed, but I also know better than to take that bet with confidence. I definitely don't believe this is a cupboard-is-bare situation -- Matt Rhule just had a special talent of making it look that way -- and the NFCS is as open as ever, but man, who knows.

I'm an eternal Panthers kool-aid drinker, but even aside from that I'm just excited to see how all the questions play out this year.

Is Bryce Young going to be a franchise QB in the NFL?
Can Terrace Marshall be more than he's shown with a (hopefully) real QB?
Is Miles Sanders going to be worth the money?
Is Adam Thielen washed?
How will the defensive pieces adjust to the transition to a 3-4?

Gonna be a fun year in the South :)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think panthers make the wildcard.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

GD_American posted:

if Ted Ginn didn't drop 2 of every 3 balls he'd be in the Hall of Fame

If Ted Ginn wasn't injured for the NFC Championship, SF would have another Lombardi.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I think panthers make the wildcard.

Still think they’re a season away. Not a lot of depth, especially defense.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

FizFashizzle posted:

Still think they’re a season away. Not a lot of depth, especially defense.

In a thread where Falcons fans think Desmond Ridder, Drake London, Mack Hollins, and Scotty Miller are going to win the division, Panthers fans have every right to assume a Super Bowl.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think a wildcard loss to say... San Francisco isn't an unrealistic scenario when it's probably a 2 game swing. Especially when you consider the way we threw away a couple games last year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

three posted:

In a thread where Falcons fans think Desmond Ridder, Drake London, Mack Hollins, and Scotty Miller are going to win the division, Panthers fans have every right to assume a Super Bowl.

Just gonna gloss over Bijan Robinson and Kyle Pitts huh?

*Looks at Panthers skill positions* Oh. Ok.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The saints are garbage, the worst team ever. Also they're gonna win the super bowl, who Dat

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

three posted:

And you think falcons fans are being delusional here?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

The Big Jesus posted:

It's not delusion to think we can win the division...we have a real chance!

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

The Big Jesus posted:

Poster "three"...who was on CRACK.

three
Aug 9, 2007

There's no shame that you're in it to win it for Caleb Williams, Bucs and Falcons fans.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Just gonna gloss over Bijan Robinson and Kyle Pitts huh?

*Looks at Panthers skill positions* Oh. Ok.

Hurst had more production than Pitts last year. :smug:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

three posted:

There's no shame that you're in it to win it for Caleb Williams, Bucs and Falcons fans.

You’re not wrong about the bucs, but people think theyre 10x more likely to get the top pick than the falcons. Your panthers check in at 3x more likely than the falcons.

three
Aug 9, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

You’re not wrong about the bucs, but people think theyre 10x more likely to get the top pick than the falcons. Your panthers check in at 3x more likely than the falcons.

With these odds, I'll be able to retire after this season!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
What’re dead heat rules?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Pontius Pilate posted:

What’re dead heat rules?

If multiple teams finish with the worst record your payout is reduced

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
What if your team doesn't finish last but they're still the worst?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think people are overestimating how bad the Texans will be. If nothing else it’s pretty hard to have two teams in the same division in the bottom 3 since they play each other twice.

They trade wins, with the 1-16 Texans picking before the 1-15-1 Colts

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Horn injured, an absolute shock.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1666790106605445120?s=20

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

:suicide:

Off to a roaring start.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Was he hurt all of last year too?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

No, he played 13 games. It was his rookie year that he missed almost all of.

Hopefully this one isn't something that lingers into regular season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ozymandius1024 posted:

No, he played 13 games. It was his rookie year that he missed almost all of.

Hopefully this one isn't something that lingers into regular season.

He's in a boot but they said he should be ready for training camp.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

He missed the first bucs game, then he had a freak broken arm when he was hit by another player while making a tackle in week 16 I think.

Obviously there’s concern he’s a glass cannon, but otoh his rookie head injury came on Houston’s field and at this point I don’t think you can come to conclusions about the player from that. Houston’s field is a death trap.

Oh well. There goes the best player on the team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

No, but also he's had one full year ever and it was 2019

2018 college, missed a game
2020 college, bailed on the last month after Muschamp got fired
2021 broke his foot within a month
Last year missed five weeks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can’t believe he came back from a torn muschamp

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

FizFashizzle posted:

He missed the first bucs game, then he had a freak broken arm when he was hit by another player while making a tackle in week 16 I think.

Obviously there’s concern he’s a glass cannon, but otoh his rookie head injury came on Houston’s field and at this point I don’t think you can come to conclusions about the player from that. Houston’s field is a death trap.

Oh well. There goes the best player on the team.

You can't come to conclusions, but apparently you can come to concussions over it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Very few have.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think he had a better coverage grade than sauce last year so I'm not too worried about his ability. Just his availability. Shame if he can't stay healthy. Hopefully it's not a lisfranc and something that clears up fairly quick. Guys get wrapped in cotton wool this time of year so it could be a bit of a nothing event.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

Bryce Young was elevated to #1. I'm glad they're not going the full Rhule route and splitting #1 reps til the end of preseason as a "he's gotta earn it" gimmick. They let him earn it on OTAs which is good enough.