Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1537239570965667840?s=21&t=c1TEbegD_r4vCVSk16ix1g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i hope they completely gently caress up their team, which is eminently plausible since they chucked their way to the WCF

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao marquese chriss is negative value and the mavs were so afraid of playing boban even against the warriors so whatever

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Sengun has been unchained.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Seems like a pretty good deal for Dallas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the rockets have now traded for chriss twice

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
YOOOOOOOOOOO

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What in the actual, sincere gently caress are the Rockets doing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What in the actual, sincere gently caress are the Rockets doing

wood has one year left on his deal and no future on the team

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Boban, noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

wow Monte you couldn't swing anything better

well...I guess we don't have a pick to throw around so I guess not :(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Good for Christian Wood he has been dying to get out it there.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dokmo posted:

Sengun has been unchained.

send in the goon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rick posted:

Good for Christian Wood he has been dying to get out it there.

He signed to play with Harden, not play for the one team consistently worse than the one he came from

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Seems like a pretty good deal for Dallas

Wood is very good and none of those guys play including whoever they would've drafted so no complaints here

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
yeah thats an excellent pickup for dallas, they need a high level wing or two decent ones, and maybe an actual center, but maybe not.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just watched Hustle last night so getting Boban made me smile a little

cool to get an up and coming 22 year old

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 16, 2022

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Good deal for Dallas but I hope they don't think this means they're done. They need to figure out how to get a another real star playmaker out there.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Lockback posted:

Good deal for Dallas but I hope they don't think this means they're done. They need to figure out how to get a another real star playmaker out there.

I don't think Nico and Kidd are resting. After they traded KP I think they're willing to make drastic moves.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Tim MacMahon is generally on the ball with Mavs stuff and he says their priorities at this point are Brunson, a rotation wing, and Theo Pinson (more about Cuban's belief in having a bench chemistry guy than on-court impact). Lockback is right that the Mavs need a star playmaker but depending on who the rotation wing might be and what his contract would look like, I'd be perfectly fine with that offseason. Like we were talking about when they got knocked out, I don't think the star move is gonna open up to them for a couple of years, unless there's a guy out there just beating down the doors trying to get to Dallas (lol)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna miss Boban.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shinjobi posted:

I'm gonna miss Boban.

You lose Boban you lose the trade. No ex Boban home is winning a ring anytime soon. Quote me

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

You lose Boban you lose the trade. No ex Boban home is winning a ring anytime soon. Quote me

i mean the odds are in your favor, the west is stacked

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ammanas posted:

i mean the odds are in your favor, the west is stacked

He also played for Philly and detroit

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Wood is a good pickup for the Mavs. He can play the 4 along side Powell or be the small-ball 5 for stretches. Given the Mavs' roster construction, they won't mind if he's more of a 3-pt shooter (which he isn't bad at) instead of banging inside more (which is what the Rockets needed more of).

I'm leery the Rockets are taking the tank a bit too far. Even if they ended up landing Vic next year, they're still outside the scope of Jalen and Sengun's contracts by the time he starts to take form. If they're planning to extend both Jalen and Sengun, they'll need to prove a somewhat attractive landing spot for competent vets who won't command huge deals to round out the team. You can only stockpile so many talented young players before you need to start making the less flashy signings to put your core in position to actually start winning some games. No one wants to play for a perpetual bottom 5 team.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I tend to agree with you. I think Morey boosted it a bit, but even before that the Rockets are one of the like 5 teams in the league that managed to routinely attract free agents, so there must be something to the market that players like. So I'm not sure going full process s the plan I'd take. I think the team had a good first season though if that IS the plan though. Like there is a glimmer of an NBA team there.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
In terms of Wood though, he wanted out and was unlikely to be the kind of guy you give up cap space long term to for a rebuilding team. So I think this trade makes sense, even if it feels a little light.

So ditching Wood doesn't, by itself, strike me as a Process move

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Blind Pineapple posted:

Wood is a good pickup for the Mavs. He can play the 4 along side Powell or be the small-ball 5 for stretches.

I'm like 99% sure that Wood is unplayable at the 4. If Powell can guard the 4 (which I don't really think he can) they could play together.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lockback posted:

In terms of Wood though, he wanted out and was unlikely to be the kind of guy you give up cap space long term to for a rebuilding team. So I think this trade makes sense, even if it feels a little light.

So ditching Wood doesn't, by itself, strike me as a Process move

Oh, yeah I also agree about Woods. I was more approaching it from a total roster point of view, which, outside of the rookies is bare minimum. Even Schroder was supposed to be bought out if I understand right but he was injured a lot near the end of the season so they didn't have to do that.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jake Fischer posted:

Two weeks from the beginning of NBA free agency on June 30 at 6 p.m. ET, all signs point toward All-Star guard James Harden returning to the Philadelphia 76ers on a shorter-term contract extension, league sources told B/R.

Harden and Sixers leadership are aligned on one clear directive, sources said: The franchise's best opportunity to compete for a championship starring Joel Embiid, as well as Harden's optimal opportunity to earn his first NBA ring, resides with Harden playing in Philadelphia for the foreseeable future.

Sixers ownership, though, has been resistant to the idea of giving Harden a full four-year maximum contract extension beyond his 2022-23 option season, sources told B/R, or the five-year deal that Harden would be eligible for if he chose to decline his $47.4 million player option for next season. Signing perhaps a two-year extension after his option season to create a new three-year framework would also provide Harden with greater optionality for his own career.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

That seems like probably the best scenario for everyone. 76ers are basically set at this point in terms of the top of the roster and despite his age I'd be willing to bet heavy that a full off-season and full-season of playing together will make Harden look better.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Makes sense. I could have seen Harden moving from maybe a broken Brooklyn situation to the Spurs maybe if they cleared the cap space. But the Sixers are probably the situation he can get paid at and play at a high level of basketball.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I'm like 99% sure that Wood is unplayable at the 4. If Powell can guard the 4 (which I don't really think he can) they could play together.

It’s not that he’s unplayable, he’s OK as a four especially on offense. But you miss his stand out strength which is rim protection. And then On offense you’re going to duplicate skills. that may or may not matter but we’ll see. He allows you to play a strong rangy four who doesn’t have to be super tall

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1537596578726170625?s=21&t=d4NhRJ21AOpYbak4Bg-ovA

Trades baybee

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Randle for Ivey

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pistons have the best shot if they are including Grant

Pacers next if including Duarte or Brogdon or Halliburton (lol)

Knicks and their fans really want people to think they want Randle

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I’d love Randle on the Kings, would be an extremely weird team. If the Knicks throw in 11 and a protected future pick that sort of feels like something

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

morestuff posted:

I’d love Randle on the Kings, would be an extremely weird team. If the Knicks throw in 11 and a protected future pick that sort of feels like something

jesus christ the kings are a cursed enough franchise as it is, do not curse them further with randle

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

You’d have to convince me we’d get some kind of weird Memphis Grizzles part deux team. Fox was already compared to Conley. Sabonis is Gasol. And I guess Randle completes his ZBo arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

You’d have to convince me we’d get some kind of weird Memphis Grizzles part deux team. Fox was already compared to Conley. Sabonis is Gasol. And I guess Randle completes his ZBo arc

Tony Allen is going to show up on a bike in front of a micro-winery