Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Friend of mine sent me this TikTok and told me to watch it, then let her know when I was done.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLyQfpYa/

After I finished watching it, she sent me this: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/520-Eldridges-Hill-Rd-Pilesgrove-NJ-08098/39824185_zpid/

Someone committed an absolute crime here.

Death penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Friend of mine sent me this TikTok and told me to watch it, then let her know when I was done.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLyQfpYa/

After I finished watching it, she sent me this: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/520-Eldridges-Hill-Rd-Pilesgrove-NJ-08098/39824185_zpid/

Someone committed an absolute crime here.

That is genuinely upsetting :(

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

This is a house near me that is FSBO. They listed it for $350k in October 2023, and then a couple weeks later upped the price to $380k. Today they changed it to $450k. 4 beds, 3 bath, 2800 sqft. Assuming normal house in good condition that price is probably $100k over comps in the area.

Looks pretty average from the outside!

Uhhhhh, hmm

wtf

The flooring in the entire house is awful

The bathroom storage is certainly A Choice. And every single radiator looks terrible.

Can't imagine why it hasn't sold yet

Sirotan has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Apr 15, 2024

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I’m on mobile and I was like “looks like they used particle board for the kitchen flooring, that can’t be right…”

(zooms in)

:kstare:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Going for that aseptic, sterile aesthetic for nearly everything, then balancing it out with Silent Hill hospital radiators.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Porfiriato posted:

I’m on mobile and I was like “looks like they used particle board for the kitchen flooring, that can’t be right…”

(zooms in)

:kstare:

I think that's OSB, so much stronger than particleboard. Still looks hideous in this application though. There's a reason OSB is the underlayer in construction.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Sirotan posted:

This is a house near me that is FSBO. They listed it for $350k in October 2023, and then a couple weeks later upped the price to $380k. Today they changed it to $450k. 4 beds, 3 bath, 2800 sqft. Assuming normal house in good condition that price is probably $100k over comps in the area.

You mind sharing the link? I really want to send that to my spouse in the 'Zillow Containment Zone' we have in discord. This one's a special kind of hosed up.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Queadlunn posted:

You mind sharing the link? I really want to send that to my spouse in the 'Zillow Containment Zone' we have in discord. This one's a special kind of hosed up.

Realtor.com is the only site that has any photos left, idk why, and it doesn't show it as being an active listing like Zillow does: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/944-E-Forest-Ave_Ypsilanti_MI_48198_M30872-95613

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

"We bought the blinds too short, but we found a way to deal with it."

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I found a new dumb thing while finding the link:

Downspout just dumps all the water directly onto the deck? I want to believe that they just removed the end of the downspout for the photos, but that also means they have a downspout going across the middle of the deck the entire time which lmao

Edit: probably should be cross posting into the Crappy Construction thread

Sirotan has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Apr 15, 2024

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Sirotan posted:

Realtor.com is the only site that has any photos left, idk why, and it doesn't show it as being an active listing like Zillow does: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/944-E-Forest-Ave_Ypsilanti_MI_48198_M30872-95613

Thank you!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Sirotan posted:

Looks pretty average from the outside!

Uhhhhh, hmm

wtf

The flooring in the entire house is awful

The bathroom storage is certainly A Choice. And every single radiator looks terrible.

Can't imagine why it hasn't sold yet

That's a house you don't take your shoes off in

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

"We bought the blinds too short, but we found a way to deal with it."
Most likely those are top-down bottom-up cellular shades; I had them in my last house. Handy for letting the sunlight in but blocking (say) the view of the wall of the neighboring house.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Especially if you have double hung windows and you only want to open the top.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Trabant posted:

I think that's OSB, so much stronger than particleboard. Still looks hideous in this application though. There's a reason OSB is the underlayer in construction.

Nah it’s this

https://www.thespruce.com/cork-flooring-pros-and-cons-1314688

Cork flooring feels great but can look better or worse.

Can’t defend any other flooring choice in that house but having a cork floored kitchen is pretty nice if you spend much time in it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Yeah nah those are 4'x8' sheets of OSB they just screwed directly into the subfloor and then varnished. Pretty sure you can even see the screws in a couple photos.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Building cabinets and floors out of varnished OSB and plywood was pushed as a hot new "Rustic" design trend for a few months in 2020/2021 before it collapsed under the collective mockery of literally everyone.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1780284752970301808

234 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14604

Hell yeah.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Walking distance to Nick Tahou's -- sold!

(went to school in Rochester, absolutely wouldn't)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
More listing weirdness than the actual house. But sweet choice of vehicle for your mockup

The listing is pretty wild, beacuse the house looks like is in shambles from a series of tiny pictures that take up most of the listing.

But then it has a picture where at least the exterior looks done. And it's looked that way since at least 2019, according to google street view

Anyway, you can buy it from the bank for 2 million OBO

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Professor Wayne posted:

More listing weirdness than the actual house. But sweet choice of vehicle for your mockup

Got to save on polygons in your render.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

What 20+ year old video game is this from?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/46593007

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 22:09 on Apr 17, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Encouraging that all of the things holding the house up are dead and rotting.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Needs a firefighters' pole for a quick exit but yeah I'd be sorta okay with this

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Needs a firefighters' pole for a quick exit but yeah I'd be sorta okay with this

Zipline.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Spiral slide, obviously.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gooniest un/post combo in a good long while

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

We built a tree house and then all the trees died. Anyway it's fine, it's not like tree roots shrink when they die, right?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've seen trees that have been dead longer than I've been alive stick around, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've seen trees that have been dead longer than I've been alive stick around, I dunno.

Are they holding up a building? Along with the equivalent wind loading on said building.