Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Even the color evokes Podunk Co. Sheriff Department

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
it's got a radio tower too

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/CheapoCrappy/status/1620096891487924225

I really want to believe there's a loud warning siren that goes off when one of the kids attempts to escape the yard

Put your deposit down now on Charlie Whitman Estates!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Cupolas are cool, but that tower is just too much.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Shawshank Redemption but you got it on Wish.com.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

Cupolas are cool, but that tower is just too much.

Honestly I think it'd look....not better, not less worse if it had, like, actual parapet on the tower instead of the prison look.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Think the roofs like that so he could have excellent angles on the ANTIFA?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

a sexual elk posted:

Yes, you'll be glad to have that turret to defend your home from roving gangs of 'zombies'.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

a sexual elk posted:

that's just what it looks like when you build a whacked out custom floorplan with whatever prefab components you can get from the local building supply. like formwise it's just a typical bad early 90s mcmansion with a giant peaked nub roof, stucco and brown accents and all, but the demands of putting a big honking tower right in the middle means you get some weird loving shapes as well, and a two story garage interior because why not

what i want to know is what the foyer looks like. the interior stair to the top of the tower must be weird as hell, no pictures of the inside of the front door

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
amazing listing photography here

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2729-County-Road-16-Marion-AL-36756/2070075085_zpid/

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Christ, my knees :negative:

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 07:30 on Jan 31, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Despite the height it doesn't seem to be listing at all

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Aggressively rectangular tower with polygonal room/s inside? Worth the price to study the non-Euclidian geometry.

ETA if you click on the pictures like I didn't, you can see a strangely shaped level which explains it. Doesn't explain any other aspect though.

Peg Sliderskew has a new favorite as of 14:26 on Jan 31, 2023

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/CheapoCrappy/status/1620096891487924225

I really want to believe there's a loud warning siren that goes off when one of the kids attempts to escape the yard

Is it just me, or is it absurd to put a sniper's nest thing on top of a house that is lower than the directly adjacent tree line? I actually know a guy (who went on to be arrested for tax fraud) that has one of these sniper's nests for his house, but it was classy as hell and looked out on what can only be described as a majestic vista. Not a tree branch 15 feet away.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

BigHead posted:

Is it just me, or is it absurd to put a sniper's nest thing on top of a house that is lower than the directly adjacent tree line? I actually know a guy (who went on to be arrested for tax fraud) that has one of these sniper's nests for his house, but it was classy as hell and looked out on what can only be described as a majestic vista. Not a tree branch 15 feet away.

Yeah I feel that's what's so indefensible about this. I can get behind an insane house, visually-speaking, if the whole point is that you get this awesome room surrounded by windows with an amazing view. But I just don't see that happening here. I'm sure the view is fine, but nothing particularly inspiring.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I see the Bigfoot residence is for sale.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can only assume it is some sort of version of a historical solar, it's not there for the view as much as it has a lot of light and seclusion from the rest of the building.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

You're supposed to touch grass but not look at trees.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phthisis posted:

Yeah I feel that's what's so indefensible about this. I can get behind an insane house, visually-speaking, if the whole point is that you get this awesome room surrounded by windows with an amazing view. But I just don't see that happening here. I'm sure the view is fine, but nothing particularly inspiring.

It's a wonderful view of the 11th hole fairway

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Someone posted the listing in the replies. For the most part, it is disappointingly average.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/4665-Roundtop-Rd-Ellijay,-GA-30540_rb/105264582_zpid/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Someone posted the listing in the replies. For the most part, it is disappointingly average.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/4665-Roundtop-Rd-Ellijay,-GA-30540_rb/105264582_zpid/

it does have the world's most useless passthrough for food to go into the dining area:

since you could easily walk the other way to move the food around.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I was surprised to find out Street View hasn't made it there, I thought pretty much every US road was covered by now. I was just curious if they actually do have a view of anything from the guard tower, but from the satellite view it looks like that same generic Georgia forest around them.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Phthisis posted:

The age of the cabinets made me go look when it was built in the listing, and it's 1991, so it's possible the insane design made more sense when the nearby trees were 30 years shorter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is that... a washer and dryer in the kitchen or just a room that looks exactly like one

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was surprised to find out Street View hasn't made it there, I thought pretty much every US road was covered by now. I was just curious if they actually do have a view of anything from the guard tower, but from the satellite view it looks like that same generic Georgia forest around them.

It might be a new development. Or, sufficiently wealthy neighborhoods don't let them down sometimes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Laundry in the kitchen is very normal in the UK, it's odd that americans seem very set on having a separate room for them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

OwlFancier posted:

Laundry in the kitchen is very normal in the UK, it's odd that americans seem very set on having a separate room for them.

Well why did you think we seceded?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

this part of the country isn't entirely remote but it is a mix of paved and gravel roads, it's no surprise that google streets doesn't have much from that area. its mostly winding old mountain roads with a bunch of fairly recent (<40 years) homes placed in the quiet and solitude. a LOT of vacation rentals and air bnbs run out of fairly new faux cabins with this horrible all wood interior aesthetic

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1735-Hunter-Rdg-Ellijay-GA-30540/105268990_zpid/

also people just living up there because land is dirt loving cheap. like the only reason the tower house is listed for 1.5 million is because it's sitting on 86 acres (0.35 sq/km) of land

Mr. Fall Down Terror has a new favorite as of 20:33 on Feb 1, 2023

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

OwlFancier posted:

That arrangement is a byproduct of homes being retrofitted with plumbing, same as Russian kitchen toilets. When enough homes in an area are like that it becomes normal.

American homes typically don't have a dedicated room; they're either stuck with the furnace and water heater or in some other room where they don't gently caress up the layout of a kitchen you use every day. Mine are in my basement bathroom. My basement has a sliding glass door that opens to the outside so that let them be installed without hauling the loving things through a staircase.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Feb 2, 2023

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

jesus gently caress i was not expecting the kidnapping room with the wall mounted tv

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

Soul Dentist posted:

Despite the height it doesn't seem to be listing at all

:dadjoke:Well done. You got a sensible chuckle out of me.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

lord funk posted:

jesus gently caress i was not expecting the kidnapping room with the wall mounted tv

Built in 1955 and they've only finished one room?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

in continental europe, it's often in the bathroom because that's the easiest for the plumbing. but back in the states, we always had laundry close to the exterior wall because of ventilation issues and because so many people have dryers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You put the washing machine where it fits.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean you do normally have to put it where there is a plumbing fixture unless you have my granny's old twin tub you had to empty with a siphon.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Love 2 put a gaping hole directly in front of the front door.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I mean you do normally have to put it where there is a plumbing fixture unless you have my granny's old twin tub you had to empty with a siphon.

However, you can not put it where it doesn't fit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Don't tell me what I can't

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/129052259#/?channel=RES_BUY

A short but sweet bit of oddness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

*click* *click* *click* ... :stare: