Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
Eh, it's technically sweet but art is more than just technique or aesthetic. The only real hazard is in how people assign meaning to a work created by some obscure algorithm, which isn't far off from how it works with human made art. Also the unfortunate reality that this poo poo will be leveraged for NFTs. If you enjoy creating art in a physical medium, you're fine. If your work involves a lot of digital content that is more or less fungible to begin with, you're out of a job, probably. This doesn't change anything about art so much as it maybe reigns in the concept of art from being mass produced poo poo. It's not a disaster so much as a blessing, in that sense. Also some people who cannot otherwise do art might "do art" in some sense, so it's probably not a net loss, but given how silly reality has been I'm sure this must be the end of the world or something. lol

edit: There's got to be like tens of millions of people who can "do art better" than me. Some AI thing doesn't really cause any worry for my justification in scribbling even if it can cover the entire theoretical art space in 100,000 years. This really doesn't change anything for me at least.

Effective-Disorder fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
A squirrel perched on a bowl of fruit colored cereal that has tulips growing out of it?

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

Adorable!