Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

this is just a random thought but what if there being a scum cop was the bait and switch and anon is a town doc and plastic is also a town backup

Sometimes the simple solution is correct, one or both of them are lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Nep-Nep posted:

this is just a random thought but what if there being a scum cop was the bait and switch and anon is a town doc and plastic is also a town backup

Maybe

I have no interest in voting anarc plastic or sng today

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

To sand, plastic (I think, I don’t wanna pull through right now but there were a bunch), and everyone else who was beating the

“Anarc and SiV are obviously scum buddies, but let’s kill SiV first,” it’s time to pony up and lunch the other. It already blew up in my face that I put money on the wrong person, but if anything ANarc is more damned for the flip not less. Where are y’all at?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Maybe

I have no interest in voting anarc plastic or sng today

If you are telling the truth, I see your reticence. But realistically there’s multiple protection roles if true and ANarc is a solid pick based on everything else. We can afford to flip one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I don't normally like doing the false dichotomy thing, but we've got two competing role claims, that also have competing flavor claims. It'd take a drat good case for me to not vote either ANarc or Plastic today.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And I'm leaning ANarc, they had several opportunities to lean on Plastic's doctor claim yesterday, and their reasoning for protecting me also doesn't really line up with what they've said.

I genuinely do believe ANarc is frustrated and struggling to keep up, but I don't think it's in a town way.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I didn't cc PA when he first claimed but I did straight up say that I DID NOT believe his claim and even asked for his flavor (which he refused to provide at the time)

Tbh I thought doctors were supposed to like not tell everyone they're a doctor to avoid being the nk

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Day 3: Consistent on case against PA, adding information based on D2. Roleclaims a town protective role.

This was from your read on siv from d3. Why did you characterize siv's claim as a protective one?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, it got quiet fast.

Hopefully conversation picks up again by Monday.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wedding killed game

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah I wanna hear from Sand about results at least before we go ahead.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

I didn't cc PA when he first claimed but I did straight up say that I DID NOT believe his claim and even asked for his flavor (which he refused to provide at the time)

Did you, though? Did you really.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Honestly I kinda wonder if there's a scum doc that's holding the power away from town like the virus cop.

Plastic first softclaims here on May 9th.

Basically what SiV said about PA is what I was thinking but they put it into better words. When PA said:

My thought was immediately like ummm... you (as in PA)

Literally defended Shwinn all D1 and then hammered

Said they would vote db (no reason given) but didn't

The first time ANarc puts forth any suspicion of Plastic at all is early May 13th (or late 12th, depending on timezones). 3 real world days later. One of those days they were away for being sick. Which, y'know, fair enough! Shame they were around at the same time as when Plastic made his post. Might well have missed it originally, but it came up several times after so that only goes so far.

Next time they mention suspicion of Plastic is when asked for reads:

I'm pretty sus on plastic and agree with siv's case on them

Which, well, has the exact same reason provided as the one above: confirmed scum SiV cased him.

I think this is the right move for today.

A lot of people have been sus on him and it seems like his whole case on SiV is omgus bc siv cased him first.

I'm also not crazy about the people jumping on the siv vote based on pa's case

Still nothing about doubting the doc softclaim that, well, SiV used as part of her argument (and, no, I would not say that is counted in the empty cheerleading). "SiV cased him" and "his case is OMGUS" which uhh... scum v scum OMGUS there would be wild.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Eh, SiV already outed it in thread, so there's not really much of a point in hiding it. I'm Backup Doctor. One of the scums is keeping it locked down so may as well force them to murder me once we find the scum doc.

Plastic DOES finally make the claim explicit... when asked to by Toal. And even he acknowledges that it was made clear and SiV pointed it out already. If there is any reason to doubt his claim now then it ain't new. It's been there for multiple days.

I think plastic's role claim is complete bullshit. Plastic what's your flavor?

As a tiny sliver of credit, ANarc's first post after IS calling the claim BS. Shame it's been sat there only being challenged by SiV until now, though.

A few more nonspecific "I don't believe it"s thrown in that are exactly that vague. This still takes the cake though;

I also don’t believe his backup doc claim for *reasons* but I'd rather not say.

Nonspecific mystery reasons are my favourite reasons. To be fair, again, this IS also a doc softclaim and most people probably figured out this is where it was going from there anyway. Not hard at all to infer, and it was made D3, so this also raises the question of "why was Hum the night kill" but WIFOMing that is a nightmare quagmire so I'll pass.

Also, super bonus round! Let's take a look at their explicit doc claim. Or, more specifically, the targets therein.

Cool. I really wish you had copped me so I didn't have to claim but I guess it's time.

I'm body-aligned doctor. Which is why I was so sus on PA's claim and why I didn't want to reveal my role.

N1 I protected myself (bc I hadn't played mafia in so long I would've been pissed if I died N1)

N2 I protected grandi and got action failed (makes sense since he was jailed)

N3 I protected gde

Grandi N2, sensible. Uncountered cop, not going to be two scum cops that'd be ludicrous. A good, fine pick... on paper. It's wholly alignment agnostic in practice, though, since I would expect a scum doc to do that as well there if they were cautious of a watcher (tracker too, but I'd say that's to a lesser extent). But even then, since we've known for ages that Grandi was jailed it's kind of an empty claim to make. It's believable enough, but it's also like... okay?

GDE N3 is one that takes a little thought, but honestly? I think it makes sense for a town doc to do. Or someone who wants to appear town, at least. Grandi couldn't be jailed for "protection" again, so gde's bodyguard would definitely go through and there's no doubt that she'd protect Grandi there. If my thinking here is right, then protecting gde there should ensure that it works and neither will die. It's a good move! After thinking about it, it's probably what I would do there too! Except... Sandwolf as a tracker is a known quantity at this point and ANarc was a decently strong vote candidate yesterday. It's not unreasonable to suspect that he'd opt to track them and so need to think about the towniest seeming option at the time.

I didn't say [SNG]'s scum I said I wasn't positive he's town. That's why I chose to protect the cop cleared player

Granted, ANarc's own reasoning provided is a little shakier so once I saw the claim I may well have put more into it than they did. It also leaves its obvious implied next question of "why not Grandi then" unanswered.

ANarc N1 is a wild pick though. Self-protection isn't impossible, so let's just accept that it's a valid option for now and not worry about that. Doesn't make a difference anyway. There's like no chance they were getting NK'd N1, realistically. There were many, many better options including, I dunno, anyone who voted for shwin and didn't immediately jump off at the first opportunity. Examples of such better targets include: Grandi, Hum, Toal, Maerlyn, or Hal.

Do I believe they are a doc? Yeah, easily. It DOES follow from how they eventually played and there's no one else that it could be at this point either.

Do I believe they are a town doc? Not in the slightest. The only things they have done (or claimed to have done, at least) that make sense for a town doc to do came well, well after Plastic hinted at his backup doc status, after he made it explicit and at the same time as they eventually finally made the claim explicit themselves. Everything before then was at its best implicitly accepting that Plastic WAS the backup by not even acknowledging it, and the worst was explicitly sheeping SiV. Aside from two claimed targets (which are great targets on paper), none of this makes any sense at all for a town player to do.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Will say, though, that I do also feel like I'm tunnelling a bit much on ANarc at this point. I am 99.999...% sure they're scum, which has easily been made clear at this point. Barring anything wild from Sandwolf, though, I do believe they are the best vote today. I'm just gonna put the drum and megaphone down for a bit now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am still a bit more behind here than I’d like to be,

If I followed along correctly, ANarc is the “main” doc and Plastic is the backup doc, and b- has to be alive for any docs to work.

I don’t think it’s a slam dunk that the main doc has to be scum because the main cop was scum, but ANarc certainly has a spotty post history so I’d be ok voting there.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Something very creepy I noticed is that when Plastic was on the chopping block, there wasn't a known scum on his vote except shwinn and he walked it back. Why weren't they pushing him out but all landed on binus?

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

shwiffles (9): Snooze Cruise, Grandicap, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, Dick Bastardly, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Lotus Aura, Hal Insandenza, Nep-Nep, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, PlasticAutomaton
b-minus1 (7): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf, AnonymousNarcotics, Dick Bastardly, Nep-Nep, Snooze Cruise, girl dick energy, Snooze Cruise, shwiffles, sandnavyguy, Nep-Nep, spacing in vienna
PlasticAutomaton (0): girl dick energy, Nep-Nep, shwiffles, Hal Insandenza, Lotus Aura, shwiffles, Nep-Nep, girl dick energy, Lotus Aura, Hal Insandenza
Maerlyn (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Sandwolf (0): sandnavyguy, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, sandnavyguy
Toalpaz (0): shwiffles, shwiffles, Lotus Aura, Lotus Aura
sandnavyguy (0): shwiffles, shwiffles
Snooze Cruise (0): girl dick energy, girl dick energy
Grandicap (0): PlasticAutomaton, sandnavyguy, PlasticAutomaton, spacing in vienna, shwiffles, shwiffles, sandnavyguy, spacing in vienna
girl dick energy (0): Hal Insandenza, Hal Insandenza, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise
Hal Insandenza (0): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics
Nep-Nep (0): PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (1): b-minus1

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 09th, 2022 at midnight UTC -- that's in about 0 minutes.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Probably because Binus is generally a really easy D1 lunch because Binus?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I can confirm that ANarc visited GDE last night… I know that’s not really helpful.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
:thinking:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I can confirm that ANarc visited GDE last night… I know that’s not really helpful.
##unvote

##vote Plastic

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Probably because Binus is generally a really easy D1 lunch because Binus?

This is before binus was even really considered or at least swapped to...it could be a coincidence but looks strange that not one other scum was like "hey yeah good point" and tried to build up votes on you if you are town.

Things right now feel too "this is solved" and it's making me leery.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dammit, I dunno.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm standing by 'either ANarc or Plastic', and rereading Plastic to make a case has actually pushed me firmly back into the ANarc camp.

ANarc being tracked to me (and my action succeeding) doesn't mean they're town, necessarily. They could be an investigative role. And scum had to know the tracker was coming for them last night. So, if they're something like a scum watcher or rolecop, they could still visit me and I'd survive. All we know from the track right now is that they aren't a roleblocker and they didn't do the kill.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Schwinn is definitely the better info lunch, and I feel like the sudden swerve to Binus gives us literally nothing to work with.
Way back on D1, I floated the what if on this being a bus for townie cred...

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I think there's scum between Sandy, ANarc, DB, and SiV. I'm still suspicious of Nep, but I'll come back to that as I review, as her content's seemed way better today.
This was Day 2. That was some of the very early SiV pressure. This could be PA doing the comically cliche "name half your buds and half townies for your scum, sure...

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hey guys you know who resisted both lunching Schwinn and DB?

##Vote: SiV
But all that "it's possibly galaxy brain tactics" falls apart on Day 3. Would Plastic then start the push on the arsonist they were basing a three day plan around? That's past ballsy and into self-destructive.

##unvote

I need to trust my gut here.

##vote ANarc

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote ANarc

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That's -2.

Quick check in, should I protect Sandwolf tonight, or Grandi again? I'm thinking Grandi, because even a town result gets us info, but I'm also worried about the possibility that the last scum is a godfather.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##vote ANarc

Hopefully she's the scum doc.

I'd personally protect cop, if Plastic is activated to doc he can protect Sand if he's telling the truth right?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Lotus also wrote a really good synopsis, ANarc has had a lot of problematic votes and posts agreeing with scum, and I can't see scum Plastic fighting tooth and nail with SiV and getting her eliminated before she had a chance to kick off her arson targets...I might have talked myself down from Plastic a bit. If ANarc doesn't flip scum I'm well and truly lost I think.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cool, sounds like a plan, then.

Just in case I do die tonight, wanna get a last few thoughts down: My shortlist for who could be scum is either absurdist binus or ballsy-play SNG, and I'm leaning SNG. Nep-Nep's been present for the SiV push and now as well, and isn't impossible, but feels like an outside option. Lotus is going to look VERY townie after that big case if ANarc flips scum.

I've still got those chinchillas ready to go for if Snooze flips 3P or traitor, btw.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote anon

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I hope AnonymousNarcotics enjoys their eternal nap!

Votecount for Day 4
With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 17th, 2022 at 4 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Case Notes:
Patient’s prognosis did not improve during the day. Infection appears to be triggering a severe autoimmune reaction, leading to a sudden drop in serum antibodies.

AnomymousNarcotics, Plasma B-Cells (Body-aligned Doctor) has been lysed Day 4.

quote:

Plasma B-Cells (Body-aligned Doctor).

You are a collection of differentiated B-lymphocytes and an important component of the adaptive immune system. You are responsible for the production and release of various antibodies.
Once per night you may target one player to protect from killing actions.

You win when all threats to Body are eliminated.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

AnonymousNarcotics (7): Lotus Aura, PlasticAutomaton, Toalpaz, girl dick energy, sandnavyguy, girl dick energy, Toalpaz, girl dick energy, Sandwolf, Maerlyn, Snooze Cruise
PlasticAutomaton (1): Toalpaz, girl dick energy, girl dick energy
sandnavyguy (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn
Snooze Cruise (0): girl dick energy, girl dick energy

Not Voting (5): AnonymousNarcotics, b-minus1, Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Nep-Nep

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 17th, 2022 at 4 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Case Notes:
Patient stable overnight, responding positively to oxygen treatment so far.

No one died Night 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (12): b-minus1, girl dick energy, Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Lotus Aura, Maerlyn, Nep-Nep, PlasticAutomaton, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 18th, 2022 at 7 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You take the good with the bad, I guess.

I take it that means PA activated and guessed right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Or that PA's been playing 5D chess this whole time and is super scum, and SNG guessed right.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I protected Grandi and was successful again.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Might as well drop my claim now since it's finally relevant and helpful. I'm a rolecop (no consciously made breadcrumb, because I'm terrible at that really) and checked the following in order:

N1 Maerlyn; vanilla. Went with a light town read at end of D1 that wasn't all that likely to be NK'd. Expected something that'd give me a reason to trust or distrust, and after the claims started happening D2, along with scum cop, I figured vanilla would be more likely to be town. Pretty sure you can see me actively agree more with Maer specifically at that point, even.

N2 Grandi, blocked naturally. Paranoia, plain and simple. Misplay, 100%. In hindsight, GDE would've been better and potentially helped with two at once. I had a few possibilities and definitely spent way too much time thinking through 'em all. I thiiiink my first post being asking SNG who he blocked can help infer this one, but I admit that's a bit of a stretch.

N3 ANarc. Shouldn't require much explanation. I was thoroughly certain they were scum and expected that result and wanted to confirm it. Either way, I figured it'd be useful to prove they're scum. You might even be able to tell that I retroactively found stuff in their posts to justify giving that as a reason.

Rolecopped Plastic last night to check one way or the other and he really is a Doctor. Didn't specify "backup" though so could go either way. I want to believe he's backup and being active now just removed that qualifier (since it'd be redundant now). It would be phenomenally ballsy play to hammer a teammate d1 and annihilate another d3 like he did, but who knows.

SNG and Plastic should def both claim their targets. Sandwolf can too but I think his matters less today.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, we definitely false-dichotomied ourselves.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sng is virus aligned.

##vote sng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Good job guys.