Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Amish Navy posted:

man, im baked as gently caress. i dont think ive posted on here in like a million years. I hope im quoting the right thing, but i tried to understand that elom Trusk meme with him in shakles and then a chad with an orange shirt under him, and man i dont under stand it at all.
the virgin is all the people who follow the rules and use the api who now have to pay elon for doing so.
the chad is the scammers and poo poo that this change is supposed to affect who don't give a gently caress about how they get the information and will just slam the website with botted http requests that don't use the api designed to reduce server-demanding http requests.

smoke up, it's gonna be a long year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

loving lmao Elon unblocked himself from my account, along with Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson.

He must have told some engineer to script a sweep to run every few hours.

Absolutely pathetic.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
@ him in a tweet complaining about it as a bug; if you're still on Twitter you may as well jump into the poop face first

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So that price list screen going around is from
https://developer.twitter.com/en/pricing/search-30day
https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/premium/search-api/quick-start/premium-30-day
The premium Search Tweets: 30-Day API provides you with Tweets posted within the last 30 days. Tweets are matched and sent back to you based on the query you specify in your request. A query is a rule in which you define what the Tweet you get back should contain.

Does this have anything to do with Cute Cat/Otter/Animal Bots shutting down? Or just someone taking the idiotball from Musk for a bit and screaming about the wrong thing.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Croccers posted:

So that price list screen going around is from
https://developer.twitter.com/en/pricing/search-30day
https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/premium/search-api/quick-start/premium-30-day
The premium Search Tweets: 30-Day API provides you with Tweets posted within the last 30 days. Tweets are matched and sent back to you based on the query you specify in your request. A query is a rule in which you define what the Tweet you get back should contain.

Does this have anything to do with Cute Cat/Otter/Animal Bots shutting down? Or just someone taking the idiotball from Musk for a bit and screaming about the wrong thing.

Looking into this

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

What about Technotronic? They make the Belgian techno anthem "Pump Up The Jam".

Didn't realise Charlie Brooker had a forums account.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/DriveTeslaca/status/1621254404652544000

Who would look at a Cybertruck going by and think "Yeah; I want that first-year 3D-modelling student's project to drive in!"

It's vaguely interesting from the front or sides, but it's hideous from behind.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1621298181941374976

Also wouldn't removing the side-mirrors be illegal? Aside from insanely dangerous to other drivers of course.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://twitter.com/DriveTeslaca/status/1621254404652544000

Who would look at a Cybertruck going by and think "Yeah; I want that first-year 3D-modelling student's project to drive in!"

It's vaguely interesting from the front or sides, but it's hideous from behind.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1621298181941374976

Also wouldn't removing the side-mirrors be illegal? Aside from insanely dangerous to other drivers of course.

There are a lot of ultra useless smooth brains out there that worship Elon and think this poo poo is incredible.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
https://twitter.com/HNTurtledove/status/1621318089949470720

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
There's nothing in Alabama that Americans give a gently caress about

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Teslas kind of blend in when they're not on fire. From now on we'll be able to see these kamikaze vans coming from a mile off.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

it looks like a piec e of poo poo movie prop

specifically this movie prop

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Propaganda Hour posted:

There's nothing in Alabama that Americans give a gently caress about

Is that *atturd trademark symbol a recent thing or did I not notice?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Teslas kind of blend in when they're not on fire. From now on we'll be able to see these kamikaze vans coming from a mile off.

I live in Seattle; every fifth car is a Tesla.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
drat they play minesweeper on expert mode in the pnw.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
When I was a 6 thought a mirror-finish car would be sooooper cool, but then I realised it would be terrible for all the other drivers because the reflection of the Sun would blind them.

I guess Meoln hadn't thought/doesn't care.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Amish Navy posted:

man, im baked as gently caress. i dont think ive posted on here in like a million years. I hope im quoting the right thing, but i tried to understand that elom Trusk meme with him in shakles and then a chad with an orange shirt under him, and man i dont under stand it at all. i hate rich peiople who dont give away money. trucmp needs to go away forever, hugs your loved ones. im not sure what gets you banned any more either. weed is cool. do more drugs safely.

i hope you get to pet a critter today.

anyway, maybe ill post more on here hwne i have alone night again with weed. and wine. its been fun. maube i wont post for another like 10+ years.

i dont know how to make the emojis, just mentally insert (funny emogi of choice here)

gently caress elom and his dumb cars. content.

oh poo poo, edit: yo if you read this in the morning, tell me our safety word, i wonder if you can recognize my voice in my typing. did i mention im stoned. i think i found the edit!@

Word

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

adding tesla to the list of brands that don't bother to loving indicate turns

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ghostlight posted:

adding tesla to the list of brands that don't bother to loving indicate turns

Tesla drivers are right up there with BMW and Mercedes drivers in the "turn signals are for poors" category.

I thought all cars in the US had to have a third brake light in the middle? I don't think I've seen a vehicle without one in the back since the 80s.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!

I started clicking random links on this site, and let me tell you...

They're real, real mad that the Lord of the Rings show has minorities, LGBTQ+ characters and non-submissive :females:. Especially minorities. :stare:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rondette posted:

When I was a 6 thought a mirror-finish car would be sooooper cool, but then I realised it would be terrible for all the other drivers because the reflection of the Sun would blind them.

I guess Meoln hadn't thought/doesn't care.

I mean to be fair it looks like the metal has a dull enough finish it doesn't seem super reflective. Windows on it are far more reflective than the metal.

Does make it look like it was quickly slapped together with cheap sheet metal though. Whole thing looks like a late 80's children "future" car toy brought to life, with similar build quality.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

...! posted:

They're real, real mad that the Lord of the Rings show has minorities, LGBTQ+ characters and non-submissive :females:. Especially minorities. :stare:

the whole site is bizarre as hell

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

Those miserable fucks are mad about every single show that isn't 100% straight white males and submissive housewives, and I absolutely love that everything they hold dear is slowly taken away from them until only dust and ashes remain in their pathetic incel lives.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
This article doesn't even know what it's angry about yet and is simply outraged that the writers for Ant-Man promised "a curveball." Getting mad at the idea of being surprised.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

...! posted:

I love how multiple articles about supposed "insider Hollywood information" cite a guy who goes only by "Doomcock" and his only claims to fame are apparently being wrong a fuckton of times about Kathleen Kennedy being fired from LucasFilm and having this toilet-faced monstrosity

as a public-facing persona.

Good serious website. Highly trusted. Very credible.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nameless Pete posted:

This article doesn't even know what it's angry about yet and is simply outraged that the writers for Ant-Man promised "a curveball." Getting mad at the idea of being surprised.

tbf going to a marvel movie and being surprised would be pretty shocking

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

tbf going to a marvel movie and being surprised would be pretty shocking

These folks have the mentality of children, so everything is a new and shocking thing to them. And they hate surprises.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Isn't that the site run by the dork who tried to steer Gamergaters into caring about wokeism in comics? I think Gail Simone still takes time out of her day to troll him personally from time to time, which is hilarious.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Isn't that the site run by the dork who tried to steer Gamergaters into caring about wokeism in comics? I think Gail Simone still takes time out of her day to troll him personally from time to time, which is hilarious.

No, that's Ethan Van Sciver, former DC Comics artist and co-worker of Gail Simone who got fired, sorry, "encouraged to retire from the industry" because he was a combative right wing rear end in a top hat who burnt basically all of his bridges and used to keep a sketch book full of drawings of Hitler out in the open on his desk... for reference purposes.

He now leads a tiny grass roots movement of "independent" right wing kickstarter comics with abysmal art and writing because none of these chuds have any real artisanal talent at all.

The Bounding Into Comics guy is an unaffiliated weirdo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I've dropped off this for a while but what is this Elon is going to kill Pepito the cat? We riot!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I see them coming a mile away because of nogrill/the extremely small badge.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Amish Navy posted:

man, im baked as gently caress. i dont think ive posted on here in like a million years. I hope im quoting the right thing, but i tried to understand that elom Trusk meme with him in shakles and then a chad with an orange shirt under him, and man i dont under stand it at all. i hate rich peiople who dont give away money. trucmp needs to go away forever, hugs your loved ones. im not sure what gets you banned any more either. weed is cool. do more drugs safely.

anyway, maybe ill post more on here hwne i have alone night again with weed. and wine. its been fun. maube i wont post for another like 10+ years.

i dont know how to make the emojis, just mentally insert (funny emogi of choice here)

oh poo poo, edit: yo if you read this in the morning, tell me our safety word, i wonder if you can recognize my voice in my typing. did i mention im stoned. i think i found the edit!@

Interesting.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Amish Navy posted:

live your truth, poster o7

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Concertina

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Amish Navy posted:

This is the best post in the thread

im high

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Alabama has a strategically significant air force base and data center in Montgomery, Redstone arsenal where missiles are developed in Huntsville, and another army base where most drone pilot training is done near Dothan.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh it won’t fly over Alabama but Montana it’s fine with for some reason?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1621426702294609921?t=i96c4vqjCObQ9oS5CmvRwQ&s=19

lmao

Pay $100 a month or $11 a month

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Jet Jaguar posted:

I thought all cars in the US had to have a third brake light in the middle? I don't think I've seen a vehicle without one in the back since the 80s.

First thing I thought of watching that video. Yes, since the 80s, all cars are required to have a third brake light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Alabama has a strategically significant air force base and data center in Montgomery, Redstone arsenal where missiles are developed in Huntsville, and another army base where most drone pilot training is done near Dothan.
You could look up missile bases on google; so why the spy-balloon?