Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

what about huntsville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

"Give me money on the regular like or the Pepito account gets it, capiche?" said the billionaire.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what about huntsville
china is technologically ahead of them

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

morningdrew posted:

First thing I thought of watching that video. Yes, since the 80s, all cars are required to have a third brake light

It's called a Center High Mounted Stop Light or chmsl (chismal) and I truly wonder if anyone currently at Tesla know that.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

It’s the art of the deal, baby

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/mrjeffu/status/1621393494618288128?s=46&t=KeUmV_Q6v_DJKSWfshydkw

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Does it come with ice and water dispensers? Because it certainly looks like it should.

Most of these are going to look like poo poo after a few months on the road. That finish looks absolutely unforgiving.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 3, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was really wondering how non-english speaking Twitter was seeing this Musk takeover. All we hear about all day is the american conservatives who are bitching about shadowbans or whatever but twitter is used across the world and it felt like a matter of time before this problem grew out of being a US only thing.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If Musk kills twitter he will be my hero

Kill the api, musk. Kill the url linking, kill it all :devil:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
WTF is that truck. Tiny brake lights, stupid design, no turn lights and just looks cheap as gently caress. Current stock price? 194.

What a world

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

YF-23 posted:

Just lmao that they announced this change to come in a week with no details and if someone, like a business, wanted to make any sort of planning, the only idea of the pricing they would deal with is from Elon responding to some random tweet.

It's best not to bore people with the details, like how much something costs or what exactly is going on.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Extra Large Marge posted:

It's best not to bore people with the details, like how much something costs or what exactly is going on.

Twitter employees probably know just as much as the rest of us. Must be exhausting trying to keep up with whatever demands catturd incepts into musk's brain

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lol still doesn’t understand that people producing content for his social network is something he should encourage, rather than charge for

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
We need to whiteboard out a solution to the problem of Ben Shapiro not getting enough likes on his tweets.

The obvious solution of "tweet something good" has been rejected by the southern cat guy who won't tell us his real name.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Content creators are only valuable to him if he has advertising to put around their work.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Tai posted:

WTF is that truck. Tiny brake lights, stupid design, no turn lights and just looks cheap as gently caress. Current stock price? 194.

What a world

it's because it's still a concept car that will never be anything like what was advertised if it is ever produced

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/The_Old_Hippie/status/1621494542472986624

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

goatface posted:

Content creators are only valuable to him if he has advertising to put around their work.

Musk is going to introduce a plan where creators get some ad revenue for their posts but also subscribers don't get ads and also no advertisers are left on the site. It's a brilliant plan you see.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tai posted:

What a world

He saw the Aztek and said "I can make something uglier"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

goatface posted:

not true, they are also valuable to him when he needs to crop out their signature or watermark and post a sick meme that he totally created

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

it's because it's still a concept car that will never be anything like what was advertised if it is ever produced

It may not look exactly like this, but if we are seeing them in test drives like in the posted video, there is little to no chance that the car shipped to consumers will not still look like a PS1 kitchen appliance on wheels. That's just how Musk's special brand of contrarianism works.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
lol that six days before it goes into action, the API users still don't have a clear idea of what it's actually gonna cost or how it will work. Because why would they want to prepare, right?

Best they can figure out right now is it'll either be ~$100 or $8,- because I guess Elon has started doubting if he should make it part of being verified (because a completely random user complained, mind you). And the only way to even know this is to go through his replies! Just an amazing way to roll out a massively impactful change, absolutely brilliant product management going on over there. Seems like the sort of thing you want to have fully worked out before publicly announcing it but what do I know. I love everything about this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He wanted to make a DeLorean but thought "ehh if I make it a car they'll just say I'm copying, I know, what about a truck"

Also as lovely as the DeLorean was he somehow managed to outdo every single unnecessary and stupid "reinvention", probably because he wasn't actually a car designer with decades in the industry

e: I know every pickup truck buyer has always asked questions like "why does the bed have to have flat rails, why can't it be a big slope so I can't strap 4x8 plywood into it or anything"

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 3, 2023

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Aramis posted:

Does it come with ice and water dispensers? Because it certainly looks like it should.

Most of these are going to look like poo poo after a few months on the road. That finish looks absolutely unforgiving.

It also looks like prime real estate for tagging with graffiti, like the side of a train car. If anyone didn’t know you were a dick for driving a Tesla truck, they certainly will after they see all the crudely drawn cocks and balls adorning your low-poly PlayStation mobile.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Data Graham posted:

e: I know every pickup truck buyer has always asked questions like "why does the bed have to have flat rails, why can't it be a big slope so I can't strap 4x8 plywood into it or anything"
no one buying this thing is doing so for utility. it’s just the techbro evolution of a mall crawler.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Azhais posted:

Leave his child out of this

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aramis posted:

It may not look exactly like this, but if we are seeing them in test drives like in the posted video, there is little to no chance that the car shipped to consumers will not still look like a PS1 kitchen appliance on wheels. That's just how Musk's special brand of contrarianism works.

concept cars always end up looking way shittier when they go into production if they do, and this is no exception

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Steadiman posted:

lol that six days before it goes into action, the API users still don't have a clear idea of what it's actually gonna cost or how it will work. Because why would they want to prepare, right?

Best they can figure out right now is it'll either be ~$100 or $8,- because I guess Elon has started doubting if he should make it part of being verified (because a completely random user complained, mind you). And the only way to even know this is to go through his replies! Just an amazing way to roll out a massively impactful change, absolutely brilliant product management going on over there. Seems like the sort of thing you want to have fully worked out before publicly announcing it but what do I know. I love everything about this.

I thought we were going to vote on every big policy change?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
II doubt that any of us would ever stoop to this pathetic level of subservience to their digital master.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

concept cars always end up looking way shittier when they go into production if they do, and this is no exception

I thought you were suggesting that the final Cybertruck wouldn't be as bad as the hot mess in that video. You are saying it's somehow going to get worse? :cmon:

... I can absolutely believe it.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 3, 2023

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

spunkshui posted:

I thought we were going to vote on every big policy change?

Nah, we have pivoted to the spaghett-on-wall strategy. A tried and tested management technique.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aramis posted:

I thought you were suggesting that the final Cybertruck wouldn't be as bad as the hot mess in that video. You are saying it's somehow going to get worse? :cmon:

Vehicles never get better(-looking) in the journey from concept to production. That process is all about compromising the :airquote: vision :airquote: in order to make it mass-producible, regulations-compliant, and affordable enough to turn a profit. Cars always end up looking less cool when they reach dealer lots than they did in Motor Trend renderings.

That's going to be super-applicable to a weird iconoclastic chunk whose entire purpose in life is to break every rule (which it turns out are all there for a century of extremely good and highly refined reasons)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aramis posted:

a concept car is a big-money showcase of stuff you're working on that generally will never go into production

when they do, well, you get the pontiac aztek and poo poo

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Well for one thing it has side view mirrors which completely ruin it's lines.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

The Tesla AATrek (car seats not included)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Azhais posted:

Walter White runs down some dudes with his Cybertruck, rolls down his window and says to Jesse, "I just turned the autopilot on!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's just so ugly.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also wouldn't removing the side-mirrors be illegal? Aside from insanely dangerous to other drivers of course.

They are required to be sold with side view mirrors. I don't know how it is enforced for the consumer, though.

Side view mirrors are hopefully going away in the future. Other manufacturers are putting side view cameras in addition to the mirrors, too.

Jet Jaguar posted:

I thought all cars in the US had to have a third brake light in the middle? I don't think I've seen a vehicle without one in the back since the 80s.

They are required.

Also, the other brake lights don't look to meet the brightness specifications as required.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

My banking app blocks screenshots.

I think Elon should integrate that into Twitter to stop image sharing and increase traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Elon, the real revenue stream you are missing is embedded tweets. There are no ads, people get the content and it costs YOU for the bandwidth with nothing in return. Plus, look at HuffPo - 90% of their articles are just embedded tweets (that you’re paying for) and 100% of those are making fun of conservatives. Time to charge for embeds, I’m thinking $8 per you can have this idea for free