Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ror posted:

it was just a rumor that queen elizabeth choked to death on a swan sandwich, it was actually just an uneaten swan sandwich they found on her nightstand

It’s sort of like how the rumor that Catherine the Great of Russia died from having sex with a horse is false. There was an erect stallion there when it happened but that isn’t important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Grimes is under 35?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh it won’t fly over Alabama but Montana it’s fine with for some reason?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633240643727138824

lmao he realized he hosed up big time and is backpedaling now

Owner of communication platform says it’s not a good method of communication

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Strong Sauce posted:

Musk claimed Twitter now has 250 million daily users and 500 million monthly users, though it’s unclear how those metrics are calculated. The last time Twitter reported user numbers as a public company it said there were 237.8 million daily users during the second quarter of 2022.

So I’m guessing the way he calculated daily users was just rounding up.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Friend posted:

https://twitter.com/pookleblinky/status/1633359436533096449

Lmao. I'm sure it's fake but wouldn't be a bit surprised if it wasn't

Not surprising, corporate transition periods are weird even at other companies. It could easily be real.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Lone Badger posted:

But why would you risk drawing attention to yourself?

I bet it’s funny to be in that position at first, but realistically you know it can’t last forever, and you don’t necessarily want to be in a position where at your next job interview you have to explain that you did nothing at your last job. So you probably want to leave sooner or later, might as well have fun with it.

There’s the famous goon story of the guy whose company went through a merger and he was shuffled off to a storage room full of desktop globes and forgotten because of a computer error, but I think he left that job on his own because he was getting rusty at whatever his skillset was.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

reignonyourparade posted:

I can believe that happened but the LOAD bearing slur was explicitly radium putting a slur in a variable name that was actually really important in the backend

Yeah, he put in a slur against people who bear loads in the back end

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah with those it’s easy to assume he’s just blazed. What else is he going to do when he’s not “working”?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What happens if you think you’re lying but what you say turns out to be true

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TikTok is there twice?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There will probably be people still living at Twitter HQ when the company fails. The next tenants will think the place is haunted because of the weird sounds in the walls and the way food disappears from fridges when no one is in the office.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Lurkers can’t be less funny than Musk. It takes a long career of posting on this website to make yourself that stupid and inane.

Musk of course got a head start on that by the circumstances of his birth followed by all the choices he’s made in life

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

PhazonLink posted:

i dont know whats in musks heart of hearts. but I'm pretty sure he's stupid enough to be tricked into believing flatearthism, or some other anti astronomy positions.

It might be a tough pivot for him considering he owns a space company but it would be extremely funny so I hope it happens.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I said come in! posted:

Its been hilarious to see how he can't even get his own dad to deny the emerald mine business.

IIRC his dad also sucks and they don’t get along, so he probably enjoyed getting to undercut his son’s public statements.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s still possible this is a weird coincidence and that’s not his alt account, which would be bizarre and unsettling, but if it is his alt account he’ll end up confessing in some awkward way. He seems like the kind of guy who you don’t really need to interrogate; if you let him talk long enough he’ll go from “it wasn’t me” to “it’s actually your fault for thinking it’s bad I did that” without very much outside assistance.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jarvisi posted:

I thought he had a bunch of older kids because he's a quiverful

Yeah but I think the specific accusation is that this account purports to be the 3yo one.

Wait is that the one named after the Blackbird predecessor or the one he secretly had with his employee around the same time?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You really don't need to dig into his creepy child alt or obscure fetishy comics lore to come to that conclusion.

It was always immediately obvious why Elon called the guy a pedo guy, and it was because he cannot personally fathom why anyone would travel to Pattaya other than the vibrant child sex tourism scene.

Normal brained people realize there’s much more to Pattaya than sex tourism, for instance, it’s where you get the boats to some islands so you can get the gently caress away from Pattaya.

I’m kidding of course. There’s also a Cartoon Network water park. I hear it’s cool.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I don’t remember where the diver lived in Thailand. I don’t think he lived in Chiang Rai.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

kazil posted:

the whole sub saga was great because we recently found out that it was almost assuredly brought about by the fact that musk bought the submarine prop from a james bond movie

Lol wait what I missed this

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ignis posted:

I believe the major proof is that nobody's been able to reverse search a different source for the avatar of the alt, which is 100% a photo of his son, and it was there before the alt got found yesterday

But he can’t be that loving st—ah, you know, they might be onto something then.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m not rich or a lawyer so I just assume platforms can do whatever they want, it matters more whether they actually do that. I can’t imagine Bluesky will actually stop people from sharing screenshots of… blues? Whatever you call them. They want to stake out the right to do that, whatever. They probably can. What am I going to do about it?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

On the flip side, Shaggy could successfully relitigate his case

It wasn't Shaggy's case, Shaggy was telling his friend RikRok to use that defense.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Soylent Pudding posted:

There's a somewhat famous story of an SR-71 doing a recon run over Egypt and Israel during the Yom Kippur war. Both sides didn't know what it was but knew it wasn't theirs so they tried to shoot it down. The SR-71 went "lol plane go zoom" and outran all the missiles.

There’s also this story about SR-71 pilots showing off to outdo an F-18 that had been bragging about speed: https://www.thesr71blackbird.com/Aircraft/Stories/sr-71-blackbird-speed-check-story

Edit: I’m not somewhere I can watch videos right now and just realized that’s probably the story from the video a few posts above.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Weird of him to write that Central Park is “in” Harlem. Wonder why he wanted to bring Harlem into this…

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Shageletic posted:

Holy poo poo

That part makes it a little obvious that it’s a joke

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

weg posted:

True lol. Also, Zaphod tweeting constantly would be at least sometimes be funny.

Elon has the inverse of Zaphod’s thing. Zaphod always pretended to be even stupider than he was so that you couldn’t tell when he was really being stupid or just pretending. Elon always acts like he knows what he’s talking about even when he doesn’t.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

kru posted:

ahm rach baech

I’d love to hear everyone’s impressions of him out loud because I bet they are wild

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

evilmiera posted:

It's kinda easy to hate DeSantis because he's such a complete loser but why would anyone torture themselves by willingly working for Trump? Narcissists make horrible bosses

I bet if you work for his campaign you see him once a month tops

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Seems to be working fine for me. I'm in Canada though. A lot of the time when you guys in the thread are saying twitter is down / not working / slow / whatever it seems fine for me. I guess its different servers

Musk is clearly a Canadian sleeper agent showing his favoritism.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

snergle posted:

mongolia mongolia or china mongolia?

i forget the disctinction but china mongolia is like the part near china and the rest is mongolia mongolia. the first one is a pretty cool place the 2nd is a human rights violation.

im assuming china mongolia since china has rems to use in those batterys and factorys. where as mongolia mongolia is kinda poor =(

Mongolia Mongolia. If they meant the part of China they would have said Inner Mongolia.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sono posted:

Don't worry. The perfect sitcom mom for Elon is available:

https://twitter.com/BluegrassRabbi/status/1670277144851763200

What do you think is in that cup

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

well in that case I will kick your rear end whenever you say Apple iie

Because they pronounce it “apple aiaiee”

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Keep on, with the force, don’t stop

Scratch Monkey posted:

Don’t stop until you own a horse

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If you’re going to make up an IQ number why not just shoot for the moon. Say your IQ is 420.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

E the Shaggy posted:

He 100% has some deal with advertisers that he personally will shill their products to stay on TwXtter.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1689063481155158018?s=20

No I wouldn’t be surprised if he just does this for free because he’s hoping they’ll stay if he does, no agreement between them

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There was a survey of advertisers made where they specifically said they would strongly prefer his tweets not be seen alongside their ads. that news made him mad so he's deliberately responding to adverts in childish defiance

Oh yeah there’s that too

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/realLandsEnd/status/1689026941221732353

Remind me why did these two soulmates split off?

What? What is she talking about? Why wouldn’t he be deaf?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

holtemon posted:

I still can't get over him spending 44 BILLION dollars on this shitshow lol

He could've built a giant man-made island in the shape of an X or something cool like they did out in Dubai. Could've ended world hunger and homelessness.

But nope, gotta spend it on the old bird site to be the #1 shitposter

He could have built an underwater city and eventually died from his own megalomaniacal hubris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

No Mods No Masters posted:

It says in the terms there's no shipping, you have to pick the stuff up from the musk hole yourself. They will help you load it in your vehicle though

Are they selling the sink?