Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

I still can't believe that's why minecraft uses emeralds for currency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

i didn't miss that point, i even called it out in the part of my post you're quoting.

Then you don't understand that terms can have extremely specific meanings in industries that don't 100% jive with common language usage. You are literally making the exact same errors as a creationist arguing that evolution is just a theory

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

So is there anything actually worth talking about without going in circles? I want to hear about someone arguing in bad faith, not from

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i want musk to pay me

That's a good point, i might have to buy a single share for the potential moral victory

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Anton Chigurh posted:

OK

I like this one better

I paid 185.8 billion therealdogecoin3 for those nfts you better delete that now

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I just want them to at least start doing things like creative prewar paint jobs. Hell, if we're at the point that we need to spend a few grand on a ding then bring back the color shifting paint from the 90s

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

That plan has too much accidental legitimate coolness to actually happen

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Only 5L capacity? Sigh, another company ignoring the furry market

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

It's already been written, here it is:

The List posted:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Good thing the contract that musk signed doesn't say anything about outside financing, because that fact (if it's a fact in the first place) is completely irrelevant. It's no different than someone trying to convince a bank to not be mean about overdue credit card bills because they haven't won the lottery yet

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

So has anyone at Twitter confirmed anything? Without a press statement from their C suite or legal team, this all reads as 100% bullshit

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

$45bn is a terrible price for a dying social media site but a pretty good deal for every journalist on earth's DMs

100% dead serious enormous problem that I haven't heard anyone else bring up yet. Everyone who has ever used twitter for any private conversations, EVER, is completely compromised. Doesn't matter if accounts were deleted years ago, everything's right there for the taking

E: hey, state actors reading this thread: give us some kind of finder's fee for the idea after you call your commanding officer

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 29, 2022

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

koshmar posted:

Elon just can’t stop winning. I’m curious how the sycophants will spin this and how many other companies will follow suit

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/28/gm-temporarily-suspends-advertising-on-twitter-following-elon-musk-takeover.html

Elon is getting big money out of twitter and bringing back freedom!!!!!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

:drat: at the date on that tweet

and the obligatory page number joke

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

The tesla app now requires twitter blue to log in or perform any actions

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Elviscat posted:

What does this mean, for those of us that don't code or whatever?

It's the number of times a person saved a change to twitter's internal software guts, regardless of how impactful those changes were. It's exactly the same level of thinking as someone who thinks a painting's value can be measured by the amount of paint used

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

MikeJF posted:

$8 charge to replace the plat icon with

no other effects

I'd unironically buy that

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

By popular demand posted:

I'm honestly a bit surprised he hasn't popped up ITT yet to tell us just how not owned he is.
Maybe he's actually really possessed by Lowtax's ghost and avoids the forums like the plague.

He would, but he's too busy trying to ban evade in the bitcoin thread

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/PKqb0CQ.gifv

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I appreciate you all, this thread is a shining light in an otherwise eh week :synthy:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Regrettable posted:

Weird, this is one of the best weeks I've had in a really long time. The GOP are going knives out on each other, crypto markets are imploding, and Elon is tanking Twitter and Tesla all at the same time.

Ah, true, I kind of mentally group all of those threads together since they kind of have the same flavor and I assume we all have them bookmarked. For clarity's sake, the eh week was referring purely to personal life stuff that doesn't matter in this thread, it wasn't a stealth chud remark

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

The Ligma tweet would be a (good in a vacuum) joke if it happened the by the day after the initial news coverage. The fact that it happened at this point in time makes me suspicious that he's trolling through media coverage about the firings to find out who to doxx

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I want a set of these in the same way that i still want a foam pitchfork from butterfly labs, it's a perfect lulz keepsake from a company that's just going to crumble so hard

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Wait..... What if this is happening because someone hosed up the production moderation tables in the database and they can't recover from backups?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

MikeJF posted:

hah I just got this ad on youtube

and I gotta imagine that the campaign was set up and readied and paid for more than four weeks ago and right now there's a good chance some ad exec is slamming their head into the table going 'gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress'

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

So how did musk find that tweet in the first place? It doesn't look like a big name and i doubt he's subscribed to random nature feeds. Did he actually just search for new tweets containing "88"?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

E: nm

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

The phone will only allow nfc payments based around musk's new crypto, Doge Whistles

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He probably thinks it's an artificial limit somewhere that can just Go Up without issue.

I'd wager a lot of meetings and judicious back-end testing over a year or two went on before even formerly considering bumping the character count to 280.

Someone will find a way to get access to the old sms-based posting systems and the entire datacenter will go down trying to send a post made of 420 "🤣"s

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

He could have spent a fraction of the money on a company that just builds assets and pays actors to put up with whatever bullshit fantasies he wants 24/7. This week he's a tech boom genius riding the startup days at paypal, next month he's an oil tycoon in the 1800s, the month after that he's the captain of an intergalactic colony ship mid-voyage

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I can't stress that enough, he has the money to pull off a 24/7 holodeck level experience for the rest of his life, and THIS is what he does

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

And the funny thing is, Apple probably doesn't have to lift a finger; Twitter will probably destroy itself from one of several likely crises: a cert ending and the institutional knowledge that could renew it was fired, Euro labor laws, not being able to pay bills because over half their advertisers walked....

Wasn't there a whole thing about the company not qualifying as having its headquarters internationally any longer, which could potentially open it up to massive taxes?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

It's pretty damned impressive to be worse at puns than zombie simpsons

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Let's just go back to dogpile and hotbot and webrings

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Cyks posted:

It really does sound like he had “I’m pickle Rick!” on his mind and he said that.

Or even more appalling than a slip of the tongue, what if it's his idea of an actual legitimate joke? "I know, I'll combine his line with a Rick and Morty reference! It subverts expectations!"

As a tangential delve even deeper into the darkness, what if he thought of the joke first while high and watching YouTube clips, then he called Chapelle up and paid to have some stage time to share his genius with the world

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Uh oh, doxxing financial information will get a ban

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

If he tanks the world economy, his companies look better relatively speaking!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Voting yes leads to shortterm lols but is probably already planned for by felon, voting no is the correct longterm answer to farm lols until the site finishes burning down

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

It might be part of an escape plan from the company if he heard that the eu can actually have some teeth since twitter isn't just American, i hope they go after him directly and not just the company itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Watch him try to fake his own death to try to get out of things. The assassination comments were just him seeing the scene, his actual plan is to crash his own UK-royalty-level funeral to be showered in adulation once the unwashed public realizes their technoking is alive