Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm still kind of processing.

It's kind of hard for me to articulate.

Twitter was this perfect public face for commercial advertising, engagement for consumers.

I mean I hate it but I can see it's value for commercial interests. We had people just having conversations with brands like a Philip k Dick short story.

Twitter was huge, I know TikTok is big but Twitter was like the base interface between like everything.

Like the president of the United States uses it. The loving UN uses it.

And it just got destroyed (and was ALLOWED to be destroyed) by some pissbaby meatface because he didn't like mean tweets

I mean my uneducated mush brain can't think of something like this happening before but maybe like the Hearst era this kinda poo poo was going on.

But all I can think is like the president is about to get on air force one and I'm 9 years old and my older brother stole my fries so I go throw a tantrum in the cockpit fly the plane into the empire state building and nowhere along the way am I stopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Also this times article may have had the shortest possible period before it aged terribly.

Elon Musk Takes a Page Out of Mark Zuckerberg’s Social Media Playbook

posted November 2nd

loving hell even the NYT running cover for him and he hosed up THIS badly

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Chainclaw posted:

I thought all his "free speech" complaining was him wanting to use slurs and not get banned on twitter, and it wasn't about being upset that people were mean to him?

He doesn't care about anything he just wants love and attention and he thought that was an avenue

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

euphronius posted:

The Twitter board would not let him on the board without a background check which musk refused to do. There was probably a drug test too

So to spite the board he agreed to buy Twitter and destroy it . That’s what he’s doing

And honestly it's not surprising that he's doing that I'm just surprised he's being allowed to. Also this is amazing content

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lol he fired everyone, that's it. Donezo no one will work there and advertisers know there's nobody to baby sit the ads

What's left? It's done. Put a fork in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Philthy posted:

i hope someone convinced him to be a ride along for a documentary of the takeover of twitter

:pray: