Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

that's grimes on the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

vandalism posted:

good or bad this is the only dude that is willing to provide me internet that is decent at a price that doesn't ream out my rear end in a top hat and poo poo in my eye sockets

literally comcast wanted 1k a month to dig out to me

hughesnet is made of twine and wax

att and verizon are chargin by the fuckin kilobyte for the hotspot

tethering is thrrottled to 15 gb a month--rip

For $110 2022 USD (roughly $90 2021 USD) I can get UNLIMITED downloads at like 50+ mbps

I got the lovely at&t mobile hotspot now and am getting 5 for $50 a month

also he shipped a bunch of starlink things to ukraine to help them against putin so that is cool

thanks elon for helping this guy post here, so cool of you

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he has become the perfect litmus test on whether or not i respect someone's worldview.

defend elon musk? get the gently caress away from me and don't talk to me lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

love to post 6/10 memes

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

nothing says caring about the environment like forcing transport and all the consumption that comes with working in the office when all kinds of other companies are seeing the value in WFH

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

somebody get lin wood on the line!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Yaldabaoth posted:

Does Musk not meet all the qualifications to be called a Nazi? It's even getting to the point where he's trying to work his employees to death.

Yaldabaoth

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Fart Dumbass posted:

I've never attempted to gain followers on my twitter account nor is there any reason why anyone would follow me on my twitter account because I barely use it but I have over 100 followers and I think maybe 5-6 of them are real people. I do believe there's tons of bot accounts, but I think not all of them actually tweet much of anything because lots of the ones I've looked at in my own followers have no tweets or just one or two tweets. just depends on what they made the bot for I guess.

congratulations, you have now put more thought into this than elon did when he first offered 54.20 a share

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elon had sex with his parents confirmed

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Total Party Kill posted:

How have there not been a hundred posts about Elon's ghost white body and rocket ship nipples?

the good elon thread is in cspam

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Doug Sisk posted:

I remember the lawsuit after he called the cave diver a pedo, and everyone was positive he could not win. He won.

funny reminder that Lin Wood was the lawyer who took the case against him

yes, that Lin Wood

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

nah musk fanboys are way worse and way more insufferable, like people cried over steve jobs because "he changed the world" (:jerkbag:) but musk is "saving the world" so it's on a whole other level imo

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A Macintosh has always been a functional computer that works and the iPhone is a functional mobile phone.

depends how you hold it but sure

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

elon "tell me about andrew wk" musk

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

i didn't miss that point, i even called it out in the part of my post you're quoting. the method that elon tweeted out is their sampling technique. what is still not known is how they decide which accounts are monetizable and active and what their bot criteria are. obviously those are different from public research, which has no access to twitter's internal method and data.

the issue is whether the trial reveals that information, which twitter wants to hide, and also whether their 5% metric has been used in a misleading way to investors, or their methodology is bad to the point of being fraudulent. it has nothing to do with the result of the elon trial itself, but what information may come out of it if the judge makes them explain it. most likely it won't come to that, but there's not zero risk of it either. if twitter feels they have something to hide here, then perhaps they will favor a settlement before the trial. that's all i'm saying. we won't know for sure until it starts.

Please reach out to justice@tesla.com with this information post haste

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

what information? that we don't know stuff that could come out at trial?

Yes

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Sentient Data posted:

So is there anything actually worth talking about without going in circles? I want to hear about someone arguing in bad faith, not from

no

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

think i'm gonna dip out of this thread for a bit, at least until elon's pants fall down again or something new happens. i feel like the trial outcome and MDAU horse is long dead now and i don't want this to keep going in circles page after page. it's been too much already and i'm sorry for my part of the inevitable thread-descending-on-itself that occurs in the absence of anything external to point and laugh at.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1558636751370928128

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

bobjr posted:

Wasn’t there already a dumb Mars launch plan where they outright said at least half of you will die before you make it to mars, and still got people signing up for it?

You uhhh got a signup link??

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Anton Chigurh posted:

Well, I dunno. Haven't really thought about it.

I just asked "Why do they not?" because I was curious and hoped someone could explain it to me. Seems like a simple question?

lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Anton Chigurh posted:

Might be the smartest thing I've read in this thread to this point, thank you, Klyith.

Just saw on the news that one of Elon's fellow space cowboy billionaire competitors, Jeff Bezos, just had a failed mission today with his company Blue Origin. Since Jeff doesn't seem to be a good guy to work for either at all pay levels of Amazon, despite his public persona, I root against him harder than I do Elon in their attempts at World Domination 2.0.

Richard Branson is the other guy I was thinking of, but he's a bit of an also-ran in the E-penis Space Race given his lower wealth status, almost a Three Comma Guy pauper in that regard, but generally a nice person from what I understand.

Why are you like this

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

that boy ain't right

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

John Yossarian posted:

I just read that Elon is having a tantrum again, saying that Twitter won't accept the original offer they agreed on. Do you think he'll actually buy it or will he pull a Trump and continue to stall with lawsuits?

yes

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

drat I can't wait to pay to see ads from my favourite celebrities. Totally gonna give twitter 5 bucks a month so Im sure to see Tom Cruise has a new movie coming out directly from his Twitter account, instead of the 600 other places I'll see it being advertised. Hell yeah.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Hello everyone, I'm so glad you legally forced me to buy your company, this is definitely a thing I'm happy about

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ilmucche posted:

can't wait for millions of twitter bots to aggressively start testing the limits of musky free speech

I can't wait for humans to do it :getin:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

elon should buy truth social and shut it down

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Twitter should be the “most respected advertising platform in the world.”

https://twitter.com/stone_toss/status/1585852408499871745

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

wonder if mastodon is seeing much uptake from this

it's basically open source twitter with decentralized communities that can interact and follow each other, but with the option for each community to block other communities. i barely ever look at it, but have a few friends who migrated there over the years and have good things to say about it. the upsides are no ads and moderation by each community rather than one monolithic organization. downside is that it doesn't have that many users so if you're trying to sell something or build a brand you should probably stick to twitter (for now, maybe not for long)

mastodon usage jumped 1000000000000000% in the last 2 days for a grand total of 206 users worldwide

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Based Nate

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Wendigee posted:

that is impactful but it would be polite to use timg instead of img on your brackets friend

i said what i said

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Party Ape posted:

Please do not post large musk

mods are asleep and i will post big elon

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

What the

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

It should cost $10 to search. Bing bong so simple

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I'm pretty sure he's just gonna launder money

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

bobjr posted:

Don’t people quote tweet more than reply now anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lol that twitter immediately got orders of magnitude shittier like overnight and its barely just begun