Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Really demoralizing pick for the Steelers. For whatever reason they seem to have a really undeveloped philosophy with draft qbs. Like nobody is actually good at picking the good ones, but they always seem to end up taking really uninspiring guys who were super productive in college with mediocre traits(Landry, Rudolph, now Pickett). Pickett should be better than those guys but he's just a first round version of them. It's always possible he turns out to be super good at post snap processing or something else subtle but from everything a random fan like me can tell he's going to top out at someone no better than a random veteran fa you can get in any given off-season

I really had my heart set on Willis and obviously there's no way of knowing that he'd work out better than Pickett. He'll probably end up sucking like most drafted qbs do and like most people think this whole class will. But at least I'd get to spend the next 2+ seasons watching someone capable of some exceptional plays with a shot at being great rather than the next Dalton or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Despite the insane run on WRs, there should still be at least one worth taking for the Colts at 42. If they all go off the board somehow I hope Ballard can swing a decent trade-back.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Play posted:

Well they gonna be scaping the bottom of the barrel at the end of the third round. Maybe they take the guy I wanted, Zyon McCollum (who definitely sounds like he should be a basketball player)

If they were calling Elam, they are clearly doing some homework on potential trade ups.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
What was the 80s style song playing on espn as bumpers, its driving me crazy on the tip of my tongue.

Edit: Ha the moment I posted this I remembered. Blinding Lights.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 29, 2022

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Doltos posted:

Strange might be the steal of the draft so I'd be pretty happy Bill recognized that.

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1519895910297309189?t=trSKEGB_HOZcanyYrwGilg&s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well, if you say Bill.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was much more of a goof for a head coach to say they expected strange to be there at 108. i'm a professional

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hill makes a ton of sense. They play a bunch of three safety sets and, even if he isn't an on paper starter right away, he's the obvious next man up for 3 starting defenders. The only other guy available (assuming Booth had medical flags) I would have taken is Mafe.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1519887812287365127

“High character guy. Comes from a two parent home”

uh oh. John Schneider might be distracted tomorrow since he'll also have to meet with a PR team to get over this story

I don't think John Schneider is racist but you can't just say that especially when talking about a black person.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Play posted:

IAnd just like the announcers said he might actually be better inside which I agree with
I think that's why Karlaftis really makes sense for KC. They needed a strong side end that can also play inside when they go NASCAR.

He should be a solid contributor with some time in an NFL program.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rabid Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1519887812287365127

“High character guy. Comes from a two parent home”

uh oh. John Schneider might be distracted tomorrow since he'll also have to meet with a PR team to get over this story

I don't think John Schneider is racist but you can't just say that especially when talking about a black person.

:stare:

Holy poo poo dude

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Comfortador posted:

What was the 80s style song playing on espn as bumpers, its driving me crazy on the tip of my tongue.

Edit: Ha the moment I posted this I remembered. Blinding Lights.

I thought it was Genius of Love by the Tom Tom Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Day 2 thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000740