Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you happy with how your team drafted?
Are you kidding, we're Super Bowl bound!!!
Meh, it wasn't bad, but it could've gone worse.
Man, I sure hope the front office knows what they're doing.
Green Bay
View Results

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The jags have more recent success than the raiders dolphins jets and steelers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm really curious about the success rate of players that "fall" by 2-4 rounds. Talking about guys who were projected in the first or 2nd round the night before the draft then go days before hearing their name called. Nakobe Dean is a prime example this year. Feels like there's one or two every year but I can never draft talk after a dude has been in the league a few years.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mcmagic posted:

The Jets ballwashing is making me very nervous.

If it makes you feel better I think they had a solid but unspectacular draft. Sauce is great but I can easily see him being a penalty machine against agile #1s. He's got to face Hill and Diggs twice a year. Garrett Wilson is a fine pick but he's still just an X and taking one that high is more of a luxury than a slam dunk. I still see JJ2 as a third down only guy. He looks thin and rarely bull rushes. Great as a pure rusher and he proved himself against SEC competition before feasting on ACC poo poo rear end RTs, but not some unbelievable steal. Breece Hall is fine late. I had him higher up because there's no other RBs but mid second is fine for a guy who can't pass block. Ruckert and Mitchell were also appropriately drafted. Ruckerts an enigma and Mitchell looked like poo poo at the Senior Bowl practices, in my opinion.

To me it looks like they were BPAing in a weak draft, which is fine. I just think it's about the same as what the Texans or Chiefs did. Good for the Jets but if what I think is true then I wouldn't be too excited about picking up rotational pass rush, a second option WR, a two down RB, and a CB that might have a lot of trouble in his division with how he currently plays. Or they could all be amazing, who knows, the draft is a mystery.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought the Chiefs were BPA-ing the draft based on how many secondary guys they got. But then I found this out...

quote:

Chiefs were 5th in the league in pressures. They were fourth WORST in sacks

I’m thinking that drafting a bunch of guys who can cover is all about giving the pass rushers 1 extra second to get to the QB

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/opp.htm

Chiefs were 3rd best in hurries per drop back. Only the bills and broncos hurried QBs more.

KC was 9th in knocking the QB down.

They were fourth worst in sacks

Minnesota had three more QB pressures and TWENTY more sacks.

Chiefs let Mathieux and Ward walk. I think I know why

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The top of the Cowboys draft board was revealed by internet sleuths.

https://twitter.com/OCC44/status/1521591030193270787

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Thats right Cowboys, we got your #1 and 2

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think the Jets care that JJ is more of a 3rd down guy early in his career. They want to rotate DL all game anyway.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

this tweet just reminded me that Mike McCarthy is still the Cowboys' coach

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cowboys were really high on Cine compared to everyone else. Smith was a bit of reach even according to their own board

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Diva Cupcake posted:

That can't be right. Why didn't they take Cine if that were true?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sataere posted:

That can't be right. Why didn't they take Cine if that were true?
They said in their post-draft presser that there were 1-2 defensive players that they had considered (assumed Cine) but getting wrecked by the Niners defensive line in the playoffs played into their thinking.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Diva Cupcake posted:

They said in their post-draft presser that there were 1-2 defensive players that they had considered (assumed Cine) but getting wrecked by the Niners defensive line in the playoffs played into their thinking.

So much for BPA!

I kinda want to make a comment about position value, but they were picking between two positions that are generally ranked the worst by teams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you're wondering how Leo Chenal is going over with Chiefs fans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5GthM254Ok

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

kiimo posted:

If you're wondering how Leo Chenal is going over with Chiefs fans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5GthM254Ok

He was so fun to watch, that Army game in particular was the Leo Show, just blowing up the triple option as the ball was snapped so many times.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lol, just clowning on Northwestern and Purdue

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Diva Cupcake posted:

Bryce Young is like 3 inches taller than Saban. I don’t care how good he is, if there’s another top option (Stroud?) most teams probably aren’t taking the 5’10” guy.

Kyler went first overall

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Deserved to go 90th overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Raku posted:

Kyler went first overall

He said 5'10", not 5'7".